Simple battery wrapping quest.

Evil_Toast

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Really dumb question, but can I put a new wrap over my batteries existing undamaged wrap? I can't see why not, but I'm probably missing something?

[Edit] Bloody stupid autocucumber replaces question with quest. Like WTF o_O.

I've dropped one of mine, how crucial is it?
Its crucial because the positive part is only the part thats sticking out the side the insulator ring covers is negative so if something touches the uninsolated part and the positive part you will have a dead short that can lead to thermal run away.

Even if the wrap covers that part you need to be careful because that ring is a bit thicker and doesnt tear that easily while the wrap can tear easily.

Its crucial because the positive part is only the part thats sticking out the side the insulator ring covers is negative so if something touches the uninsolated part and the positive part you will have a dead short that can lead to thermal run away.

Even if the wrap covers that part you need to be careful because that ring is a bit thicker and doesnt tear that easily while the wrap can tear easily.
Thank you, I will unwrap and make one

I haven't even looked at it yet, I have felt the paper, might use card my wife uses for the kids at school. thats a touch thick and paper is too thin.
Yeah it should be pretty easy to build something up.

Not sure whereabouts in KZN (if you are in KZN) you are, but I think I have some spares floating around you can have if you don't come right.

Yeah it should be pretty easy to build something up.

Not sure whereabouts in KZN (if you are in KZN) you are, but I think I have some spares floating around you can have if you don't come right.

Thanks very much, I live in the central berg, near dragon peaks.
I come to durbs once a month, where in durbs are you from?

Thanks very much, I live in the central berg, near dragon peaks.
I come to durbs once a month, where in durbs are you from?
I'm in Hillcrest and work in Pinetown.

I also work for a logistics company of sorts and we head your way once a month if your truly stuck. Just PM me if you need bud! :)

Where does one buy new terminal insulators? Not necessarily just the plain paper ones, but the vulcanised or plastic (PET?) ones.
I can't see anything on the likes of Mantech or Mouser electronics sites.

I put wraps over my perfectly good batteries.as long as it still fits in the mod youre good. Some mods may not fit it

Back