Simply Squonk Kit - Vzone

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Simply squonk kit from Vzone, the Simply squonk mod is the fourth mod i have reviewed from Vzone and i have been very impressed with the quality of their device's. The kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yolanda from Vzone.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/simply-squonk-kit/36.html

In the Box

Contents:

• 1 x Simply Squonk mod
• 1 x Simply Squonk RDA
• 1 x Squonk silicone bottle
• 1 x 18650 battery adapter
• 2 x Simply Squonk wire
• 1 x User Manual
• Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Simply mechanical device's casing is Ultem and the version i received is the Frosted Gold which comes with the Simply RDA with ultem sleeve and drip tip. The colours don't match as the device has a hint of orange to the colour and the RDA is more pure yellow. The other version available is the Frosted Ash which is a very dark grey colour but also comes with a yellow RDA so not for those who like things to match. Apart from a panel one side the rest of the casing is one piece, the panel fits into place very securely without the aid of anything to keep it in place other than high quality precision. The panel has a cutout bottom left to allow you to press the bottle then to the right there is a vertical slit with circled ends (purely aesthetic), above and below these circled ends you can see inner magnets (more of how these work in a later section). The opposite side and spine of the device is plain, the base of the device has safety stamps and branding. The front of the device has a large round fire button towards the top and underneath this is a switch that can be moved up and down to lock and unlock the fire button, this is labelled "0" and "l". Further down from the mechanical switch you can see 2 of the fastenings that secure the inner workings to the case, moving to the top, to one side we have a 510 plate with hollow, gold plated spring loaded 510. I have a few of this type of mechanical squonk devices and compared to some this is very nicely made.

Simply RDA Features:

PEI construction
Dual post build deck
Quad terminals
Dial coil configuration
Side airflow for smooth vapor
510 threading connection

RDA Overview

The simply RDA comes with a fixed squonk pin so can only be used on squonking devices, the sleeve is ultem with Vzonetech logo and comes with a matching ultem 810 driptip. The airflow slots on the sleeve are cyclops with no stopper, and you line up with ramp outlets on the deck. The juice well is nice and deep, i estimate about 8mm.

The deck

The deck lets it down but can be improved with a bit of thought. The two posts have 3 holes, 2 to the outside 1 to the inner, it's the bottom of the outer holes that the you are meant to fix one of your legs in place and the top ones you push your allen key through from the top to screw your grub screw down. The post holes are too low and both make it a very tricky build and really in my opinion doesn't make the most of the ramped airflow. The way around it is to fasten these lower grub screws down without wire legs inserted and now use the top of the grub screws as platforms. Grub screws will screw nicely into place in the before redundant holes above. So now using 2 of the spare grub screws fit your legs in these holes instead. Much easier build and your coils line up perfectly with the ramped airflow.

Simply Mod Features:

Height 112.5 mm with RDA
Width 47.5 mm
Plastic and PC construction
Bottle capacity: 5.5ml
Power safety lock
510 threading connection
Powered by single 18650/20700/21700 battery (battery sold separately)
Colours: Frosted Gold, Frosted Ash

The Squonk Bottle

The squonk bottles soft plastic tubing fits snuggly over the device's copper piping and to remove the bottle just pull downwards, once unscrewing the top with plastic pipe off the top of the bottle you can fill. The bottles fill port is quite small but not as bad as some have made out, correct that you can't fill using a thick dropper but every other nozzle type will be fine including gorilla bottles. With most squonking devices i find the supplied bottle is either too hard or too soft but the bottle supplied with the simply has perfect tension, my only issue with the bottle is it's capacity only being 5.5ml.

The Simply device

The Simply is a fully mechanical device so make sure you understand ohms law, use good batteries and keep safe. I love the panel on the device which fits into place so securely without the aid of any catch, yes it has two small magnets but it stays in place without any battery fitted and these magnets don't touch your battery when fitted. The magnets are just an extra aid to make the panel even more secure using pulling power, the magnets are actually indented so won't touch anything but will be drawn towards the battery making the panel more secure. The device will accommodate a 21700, 20700 or even a 18650 battery with supplied adaptor which is a big pro. The mechanical locking mechanism which stops the device firing works really well and is clearly labelled, due to the see-through nature of the device as you move the switch to the locking and unlocking positions you can see the internal bracket move into position to stop the copper contact from touching and then lowering to allow contact. Looking inside the device it is very neat and tidy and as said in the opening section, it's a very well made device.

Performance

As expected the device fires instantly, the fire button has a quite loud click but feels nice. The device squonks very well without any problems including no leaking suffered. I am not a big fan of the RDA despite the fact i got good flavour, i just don't really like the look of it much and confused about how they did the deck on this one. Any 24mm BF RDA would fit on the device very nicely.

Conclusion

Apart from the low capacity of the supplied bottle i rate this mechanical squonker highly but really wouldn't bother using the RDA again, in fairness there was nothing wrong with the flavour but need to use the deck not as it was meant.

Nice build quality
Mechanical locking switch
Nicely fitting panel
Fires instantly
Can use 21700, 20700, or 18650 battery
Battery adaptor included
Neat and tidy internals
Copper contact
Perfect tension to bottle
I suffered no leaking

Dislikes

Just didn't like RDA (despite decent flavour)
Bottle only 5.5ml capacity
Not the biggest hole for filling bottle (can't use glass droppers other nozzles are fine)

I would once again like to thank Yolanda from Vzone for supplying the Simply Squonk Kit for the purpose of this review.

Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Simply squonk kit from Vzone, the Simply squonk mod is the fourth mod i have reviewed from Vzone and i have been very impressed with the quality of their device's. The kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yolanda from Vzone.

In the Box

Contents:

• 1 x Simply Squonk mod
• 1 x Simply Squonk RDA
• 1 x Squonk silicone bottle
• 1 x 18650 battery adapter
• 2 x Simply Squonk wire
• 1 x User Manual
• Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Simply mechanical device's casing is Ultem and the version i received is the Frosted Gold which comes with the Simply RDA with ultem sleeve and drip tip. The colours don't match as the device has a hint of orange to the colour and the RDA is more pure yellow. The other version available is the Frosted Ash which is a very dark grey colour but also comes with a yellow RDA so not for those who like things to match. Apart from a panel one side the rest of the casing is one piece, the panel fits into place very securely without the aid of anything to keep it in place other than high quality precision. The panel has a cutout bottom left to allow you to press the bottle then to the right there is a vertical slit with circled ends (purely aesthetic), above and below these circled ends you can see inner magnets (more of how these work in a later section). The opposite side and spine of the device is plain, the base of the device has safety stamps and branding. The front of the device has a large round fire button towards the top and underneath this is a switch that can be moved up and down to lock and unlock the fire button, this is labelled "0" and "l". Further down from the mechanical switch you can see 2 of the fastenings that secure the inner workings to the case, moving to the top, to one side we have a 510 plate with hollow, gold plated spring loaded 510. I have a few of this type of mechanical squonk devices and compared to some this is very nicely made.

Simply RDA Features:

PEI construction
Dual post build deck
Quad terminals
Dial coil configuration
Side airflow for smooth vapor
510 threading connection

RDA Overview

The simply RDA comes with a fixed squonk pin so can only be used on squonking devices, the sleeve is ultem with Vzonetech logo and comes with a matching ultem 810 driptip. The airflow slots on the sleeve are cyclops with no stopper, and you line up with ramp outlets on the deck. The juice well is nice and deep, i estimate about 8mm.

The deck

The deck lets it down but can be improved with a bit of thought. The two posts have 3 holes, 2 to the outside 1 to the inner, it's the bottom of the outer holes that the you are meant to fix one of your legs in place and the top ones you push your allen key through from the top to screw your grub screw down. The post holes are too low and both make it a very tricky build and really in my opinion doesn't make the most of the ramped airflow. The way around it is to fasten these lower grub screws down without wire legs inserted and now use the top of the grub screws as platforms. Grub screws will screw nicely into place in the before redundant holes above. So now using 2 of the spare grub screws fit your legs in these holes instead. Much easier build and your coils line up perfectly with the ramped airflow.

Simply Mod Features:

Height 112.5 mm with RDA
Width 47.5 mm
Plastic and PC construction
Bottle capacity: 5.5ml
Power safety lock
510 threading connection