Smok Veneno 225W with TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Veneno 225W with TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank by Smok. The Veneno 225W with TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Cvapor.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-veneno-kit-w...-tank.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* Veneno mod
1* TFV8 big baby light edition tank
1* V8 baby-Q2 0.4ohm dual coils(pre-installed)
1* V8 baby-T8 0.15ohm octuple coils
1* Replacement glass tube
6 Pairs color sealing o-rings
1* USB cable
1* User manual
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Veneno kit comes in typical Smok packaging, i received the 7-Colour version which comprised of a 7-Colour Veneno mod and TFV8 Big Baby light edition tank. The kit is also available in Blue Red, Black Yellow, Black Red, Silver Black, Red Gold and Purple Red. One side of the device has a Black fire bar the opposite side has an identical fixed bar, the bottom which is the battery door is also Black with safety stamps printed in White. The front of the device has 2 large chevrons towards the bottom which light up with LED's, between these chevrons we have the navigational buttons which are shaped to copy the chevron deign. Below the chevrons we have the micro USB port, above the chevrons we have the 1.3inch colour screen, all features mentioned on the front of the device are surrounded with an indented design. Finally right at the top of the front we have "SMOK" printed in white with a little upside down Black triangle underneath. The back of the device has the same indented surround as the front as well as a small Black triangle, this time above the triangle printed in white we have "VENENO". The main feature of the back of the device is 5 large chevrons which light up with the LED's, moving to the top of the device to one side we have a Gold plated, spring loaded 510. I found the shape and size of the Veneno ergonomically friendly especially with the fire bar and the painted finish seems high quality.

TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5 x 56mm
Capacity: 2ml/5ml
Advanced version with colourful LED lights
Perfectly matching with V8 baby series coils
Easy top filling and adjustable bottom airflow control
Thread: 510 thread
Colour: Black, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Silver, blue, gold, green

TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Overview

The big baby light edition is just the big baby but with LED's fitted in the base which shine through a thick translucent O-ring which seals the glass in place. The big baby is the Baby Beast just larger with a 5ml capacity. The only differences are a wider drip-tip and bigger airflow but essentially it's the same tank. Because i have used the Baby Beast that often with different kits i mainly used the Veneno with different tanks which i am testing ready for review but i still wanted to try the big baby which I've also used in the past to remind me how it compares to it's smaller sibling and to see the LED's in use. It has the same top-fill system where it just slides opens sidewards on a hinge revealing a filling slot. It fastens back into place with a satisfying click. I used the pre-installed V8 baby-Q2 0.4ohm dual coil at 50W with the airflow fully open and found the flavour identical to the Baby Beast but not quite as smooth. After altering the airflow to 2 thirds open i then matched the smoothness of the Baby Beast. Although i needed to alter the airflow to get the vape i liked, which means for my personal preference the Baby Beast matches the performance of the Big Baby some people will prefer the bigger airflow you get with the Big Baby and when you then factor in the larger capacity the Big Baby is in my opinion the better tank. The TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition comes with different coloured sets of O-rings which light up while vaping as they are translucent allowing for the LED lights to pass through.

Veneno Specs and Features:

Size: 85 x 47.3 x 30.6mm
Dsiplay: 1.3 inch HD screen
Wattage Range: 1-225W
Output Voltage: 0.5-9V
Input Voltage: 6.4-9V
Standby Current: <500uA
Batteries: 2 x 18650 batteries (not included)
Resistance: 0.1-2.5ohm(VW)/0.05-2ohm(TC)
Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/100℃-315℃
Decorative seven LED lights at front and back
225W output power with dual 18650 batteries
Ergonomic fire key to fit your hands
High-definition user interface
Dual indicative battery life bar
Thread: 510
Colours: Blue Red, Black Yellow, Black Red, Silver Black, Red Gold, Purple Red, 7-Colour

Using the Veneno

The duel 18650 batteries are placed in the device via a bottom battery hatch door, the door sits flush with the device and has a small catch which needs pulling back for the door to spring open. The door fastens back into place very securely again sitting flush with batteries inserted, possibly the best door i have witnessed with a Smok device. Battery orientation is clearly marked inside the battery compartment but yet again black on Black on the door itself, please White Smok. To switch the device on is 5 clicks but switching it off has to be done via the menu system, when the device is on 5 clicks locks and unlocks the device (when the device is locked the device will not fire). The screen has a slightly tinted colour yet despite this the display is bright and colourful but i did notice when outside in the brilliant sunshine we have been having in the North West of England i did struggle to see the display. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks which brings up a row of options, W, Ti, Ni, SS and M, you can use the left and right buttons to highlight one of these options and whichever is highlighted things that can be adjusted will be at the bottom of the screen. To move to the things that can be altered you need to hold down the fire trigger to highlight them. When W is highlighted holding down the fire trigger then moves to the wattage which can be adjusted, then holding down the fire trigger again moves to preheat. When one of the temp control wires is highlighted the things you can adjust is wattage for temp control and TCR setting, when you highlight M you have a total of 22 memory slots. From this screen instead of holding down the fire trigger you just give it a click to move to the next screen which is the puff counter settings, another click takes you to where you can change the colour accents on the screen. Clicking fire again brings up the LED settings, which give an array of colour options, styles and choose whether the LED's are on when the screen is on, only when vaping, all the time or turn them off, a final click takes you to the power settings where you can switch off the device. All these screens work the same way as the opening screen of the menu, holding down the fire trigger highlights what you can adjust then the left and right button to make your adjustments. The colour options screen has 6 colour options but also on this screen you can adjust screen timeout and whether or not you want the device to lock when the screen timeouts. There are some combination press shortcuts that can be done from the main screen, the trigger and left together brings up the row of mode's so you can quickly change between wattage or a temp control mode. When in wattage mode the fire trigger and right together brings up your preheat choices so you can alter this without going into the menu system, the same press combination when in temp control brings up wattage so again you can alter your wattage for temp control without going into the menu system. The menu system flows very nicely and the display is very aesthetically pleasing.

Performance

I don't have the software to access data and i also do not do temperature control so i can only give a performance result based on my experience of using the device. The device fires without noticeable delay and the clicky fire bar is very comfortable to use, pressing anywhere on the top two thirds of the bar will fire the device. I have had the device a couple of weeks and been using it on and off with various tanks and it's never let me down and all resistance readings and wattage outputs seemed accurate to me. The only small issues i had with the device was i feel the fire bar is on the wrong side as the palm of my hand covers the screen while firing and the 510 isn't centre mounted as over 26mm tanks will overhang, if it was centre mounted 28mm tanks would fit no problem. Despite having the LED's set as on when vaping the battery life was still what i would expect from a duel 18650 device, the Veneno supports on board charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

I found the Veneno to be a good duel 18650 device in power mode much the same as the majesty and packed with features. Which is better in my opinion comes down to which you prefer the looks of, if you are into LED's then obviously this kit will grab your attention.

Nice looking
Excellent battery door
Performed well for me
Custom LED's
Bright, Colourful screen
Aesthetically pleasing and easy to use menu system
TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition good addition
Temp control
Ergonomic
Nice fire bar
Good battery life
Supports on board charging
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Feel fire bar is on wrong side
510 not centre mounted
No custom curves
Orientation on battery door Black on Black
Difficult to see display in very bright sunshine

I would once again like to thank Ella from Cvapor for supplying the Smok Veneno 225W with TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-veneno-kit-w...-tank.html

Back