Smokeless Owl Squonker

I think I may go get one, because it is available in white and my wife went "oh thats pretty", and because its 120g unladen.

Although I'm already imagining it with a few scratches and ingrained dirt...hmmm...dis miskien 'n kak idea

time for bbbllaaaaaaaaaaaack

Yeah, looks great, but after the KUI experience I shall rather wait and see. And after sales service remains a concern.

I'm buying one and paying for some upgraded DHL to get it to me for review...so we'll have a youtube up in a few days.
Hopefully as I'm spending my own coinage here, you'll trust the review...I'm doing this to boost the youtube channel a bit as there arent any reviews of this device anywhere.

Hmm, those channels on the 510 are unusual for a squonker

I'm buying one and paying for some upgraded DHL to get it to me for review...so we'll have a youtube up in a few days.
Hopefully as I'm spending my own coinage here, you'll trust the review...I'm doing this to boost the youtube channel a bit as there arent any reviews of this device anywhere.
That would be great - and you are always very honest. Questions that come to mind:
  • No safety spring? Stainless steel spring?
  • That top plate looks like a scratch pad to me
  • Adjustable 510 connection?
  • Bottle size?
  • Spare bottles?
  • Can the center pin be replaced? Spares for that, if so?
  • Positive contact made from? Replaceable? Spares?

*takes notes*
I'm always interested in field stripping these things to see what makes them tick, so we'll have it in as many pieces as humanly possible shortly

DHL have notified me delivery will be on Monday, so I'll have some more info by then.

It does look quite snazzy

Looking very forward to your findings @Xhale
Will be very interesting

@Andre , to me those bottles look very similar to the Reo 6ml bottles

damn thats a good price.
its...i mean...wow.

aaannnnddd....
it looks to be lost at Heathrow.
Waiting to hear back from DHL....got to germany fine on sunday, then arrived adn was processed at heathrow on monday 6am, cleared customs and then tracking just stops...

aaand..I have the Smokeless Owl.

Have done a quick (private) unboxing video which I will give the link to shortly once it has uploaded.

This is pretty much my first hour, so nothing is set in stone, but so far I cant find any big reason to not buy this thing.
The design appears absolutely leakproof. It squonks on my other atties just fine. The supplied atty does work, and pretty ok (although it feeds juice from the kanthal post holes (I'll double confirm this later when I rebuild it)

The lid has two magnets, the button works as it should. It is a big of a b*tch changing batteries, but it doesnt rattle in design etc. The plastic is smooth, and would probbaly get a bit sweaty after a while from holding on a hot day.

These are criticisms for a $100 device though...at the price this is being knocked out I would be happy if it just worked occasionally, haha.
OK, first impressions are positive. Its a small light,plastic box that would be nice to take to a braai at a friends house, or to the park or camping, because its not heavy so you can just "chuck" it onto the grass without worry and so on, you get my drift. And if it gets lost nobody will cry too loudly.

I'm going to take the switch assembly and so on apart later today..but in the video I stopped halfway when I saw soldered wires. Yes, its not a full mech switch. I need to get my lighting going, and get my zen together then unsolder some parts to get the top off and have a proper look inside. The 510 has a screwdriver slot, but it doesnt turn easily at first try so I want to be sure I'm not breaking something. Also (oddly) it seems to be a left handed device...the way the front cover curves, and the switch being on the other side compared to traditional squonkers...it just feels better in the left hand.

Will put video link shortly.

Last edited:

make a better video shortly:) this is a rundown on unboxing, overview and quickie impressions

Does it come in mini size? :D
I dont know what you are asking, but I'll try infer what you mean, as the box itself is quite small already compared to xyz in the market.
You can put any rda on top, even little 14mm ones. The one that is supplied, gratis, is a 22mm item with a big drip tip etc. But feel free to take advantange of the open source, standard, 510 connector fitted to customise this luxurious item to your personal requirements.

Back