So About This Whole Coil Rebuilding Business...

to everyone that replied here, thanks a bunch! i've actually tried to ask this question before in various formats, but this is proof, if you ask the question correctly, you will get the right answer.

@VapeTownZA thanks for the info on the Twips rebuild. I have to say, you are a master of words because I could easily understand exactly what you were saying, it probably helps that I have tinkered and taken the entire Twisp setup apart and assembled it before :p

@RezaD thanks! that is invaluable as I do not have the correct equipment yet, so I can risk another Twisp battery using your info PLUS
@Dr Evil for the info on the app, did not know it existed, that is exactly what I need!! Harooh!! This is Sparta!

@MarkK what is that? I vuntz eet!!!! how big is it more or less? bulky?

@Andre one question remains, and i think you have this answer, how would i use a multimeter to measure the ohms on something like a twisp rebuild? someone mentioned before also something about the inner resistance of the meter itself? you're not speaking to someone familiar with playing with multimeters, FYI.

@bjorn No prblem at all. Best of luck!

@Dr Evil, Now I want an android for that app. Nothing for IOS that I can see.

@MarkK That is one clean looking build!

@bjorn No prblem at all. Best of luck!

@Dr Evil, Now I want an android for that app. Nothing for IOS that I can see.

@MarkK That is one clean looking build!

There is an app for pc which is similar, not sure about ios though. I just need to get to my PC at home then i can let you know what it is

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

to everyone that replied here, thanks a bunch! i've actually tried to ask this question before in various formats, but this is proof, if you ask the question correctly, you will get the right answer.

@VapeTownZA thanks for the info on the Twips rebuild. I have to say, you are a master of words because I could easily understand exactly what you were saying, it probably helps that I have tinkered and taken the entire Twisp setup apart and assembled it before :p

@RezaD thanks! that is invaluable as I do not have the correct equipment yet, so I can risk another Twisp battery using your info PLUS
@Dr Evil for the info on the app, did not know it existed, that is exactly what I need!! Harooh!! This is Sparta!

@Andre one question remains, and i think you have this answer, how would i use a multimeter to measure the ohms on something like a twisp rebuild? someone mentioned before also something about the inner resistance of the meter itself? you're not speaking to someone familiar with playing with multimeters, FYI.

Using a meter is easy. Set it to read Ohms, put the ends of the leads together so it touches and when it gives a steady reading subract that from your actual reading (one lead on the bottom of the coil pin and one lead against the casing of the coil). So for example my Fluke reads 0.2 Ohms when I touch the leads together. So if I measure a coil and it says 2.0 Ohms the real reading would be 2.0-0.2 = 1.8 Ohms.

I don;t like the vapers toolbox app much. To me this app is spot on: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

@bjorn not too big at all will mesure now... 18cm from base to tip ;)

Its a russian 91% on top of a nemisis mechanical mod :)
@VapeTownZA unfortunatly i cant take credit for that coil, just an internet search to show what is out there ;)

Glad you got good answers. As to the multimeter - I have never used one, but from what I understand on what was posted here: Set the multimeter to read resistance. Touch the 2 leads of the multimeter together and take that reading. Now measure the resistance of the coil on the cleoromizer. Subtract the first reading from the second one to get the true resistance. Here is a video. Many more vids on YouTube:

thanks again everyone for all the info. @RezaD @MarkK
@Andre you're quite a whizz at finding stuff on the internet! it helps knowing the right terminology to search for though :/

i'll update you guys on how my twisp coil rebuilding goes this weekend. excitd by the idea that i can put a longer and better wick in the stupid thing.

i have one small nagging little question still. do the amount of coils bring down the ohm reading, or push it up?

thanks again everyone for all the info. @RezaD @MarkK
@Andre you're quite a whizz at finding stuff on the internet! it helps knowing the right terminology to search for though :/

i'll update you guys on how my twisp coil rebuilding goes this weekend. excitd by the idea that i can put a longer and better wick in the stupid thing.

i have one small nagging little question still. do the amount of coils bring down the ohm reading, or push it up?
The more wraps the higher the resistance/ohms.

more coils, higher resistance, less coils lower resistance ;)
The gauge of wire determines how many coils are needed to achieve a certain resistance.

I shall go ahead and become a coil building master now. *expect a thread about blown up batteries soon*

I shall go ahead and become a coil building master now. *expect a thread about blown up batteries soon*

Go forth and kick ass ;)

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

ady2u8un.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey @bjorn Welcome!!
look bro im still new aswel,but i have been playing arround with building coils and all i can say is practice,practice,practice.Watch you-tube vids (rip tripper) he help me alot.Once you get the hang of it man.....there is no going back.:)

Good luck!!

Thanks @Mario. I'm all over this thing. Watch out for the "advanced experienced mods" board soon ;)

@bjorn Hows the coil building going?

I'm looking at getting some 28g kanthal and some 2mm ekowool. Does that sound about right?

Ah man busy busy with work. Still getting to it. Will have to be soon, on my last coil. There's some more info in another thread I started a while back. On my phone now so can't find the link. Think it's called, rebuild a twisp coil, if you want to search for it. The guys gave me some additional helpful info.

Managed to find me an el cheapo one for 91 South African Rond.

Pct001_1.jpg

Back