Stabilised Wood Bottom Feeders

Genosmate

Reo's For me
LV

Awards
Wanted to have a go at something similar to the L'il Pinch by Peter (Pdib Mods) using stabilised wood.
The idea for the internals is not mine but was shared by its creator Capt Steve (anyone interested in wooden BF's should check his masterpieces on ECF) on the ECF Forum who also helped me to understand how to do the polished CA glue finish.
The 510 is a modified FD 510 connector but uses a vented screw as the + pin,something else I learned from ECF and its a good solution that doesn't leak.The woods are Czech Maple and Dyed Oregon Maple Burl.
IMG_1172.jpg IMG_1178.jpg 1.jpg IMG_1206.jpg IMG_1207.jpg IMG_1196.jpg IMG_1214.jpg

Yup, I'd also buy one in a heartbeat

Awesome @Genosmate - and I just have to post the following here if you don't mind.

I did some voltage drop tests on the Woodie I received some time ago from @Genosmate (pic below and here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/bumpedy-bump-vape-mail.t250/page-423#post-272087):
  • Efest 2800mAh battery, fresh of the charger = 4.22V
  • Measured under load (RM2 with 1.0 Ohm coil) = 4.039V
  • Thus voltage drop on the Woodie with telegraph switch = 0.181V
This is a record for me, the best I could ever get on my standard Reo with same setup was 0.185V, and anything close to 0.200V is the acceptable norm for Reos with a +/- 1 Ohm coil. I agree with PDIB, there is no better switch mechanism regarding conductivity for bottom feeders than the "telegraph" switch.

Woodie-VD.jpg

Wow @Genosmate - that is a work of art!
Those mods look masterful!
Enjoy

Awesome @Genosmate - and I just have to post the following here if you don't mind.

I did some voltage drop tests on the Woodie I received some time ago from @Genosmate (pic below and here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/bumpedy-bump-vape-mail.t250/page-423#post-272087):
  • Efest 2800mAh battery, fresh of the charger = 4.22V
  • Measured under load (RM2 with 1.0 Ohm coil) = 4.039V
  • Thus voltage drop on the Woodie with telegraph switch = 0.181V
This is a record for me, the best I could ever get on my standard Reo with same setup was 0.185V, and anything close to 0.200V is the acceptable norm for Reos with a +/- 1 Ohm coil. I agree with PDIB, there is no better switch mechanism regarding conductivity for bottom feeders than the "telegraph" switch.

Impressively low Voltage drop, thanks for the stats @johan
Congrats again @Genosmate

PS - @johan, the forum says you are in Romania!! Are you travelling?

Yup, I'd also buy one in a heartbeat
Thanks,I can't really make these for sale though.I don't have a problem with the wooden part of the mod as I feel the shape is dictated by its intended use,so as far as ripping off a Pdib is concerned theres no issue for me,similarly the switch and internals are not available commercially on anything created and sold by Peter (Pdib).But I was given the design for the internals by Capt Steve (ECF Forum) and I can't show any pics of it and would not feel comfortable using his design for gain.If they were gifts it would be different but I just don't have the time to do it.

Thanks,I can't really make these for sale though.I don't have a problem with the wooden part of the mod as I feel the shape is dictated by its intended use,so as far as ripping off a Pdib is concerned theres no issue for me,similarly the switch and internals are not available commercially on anything created and sold by Peter (Pdib).But I was given the design for the internals by Capt Steve (ECF Forum) and I can't show any pics of it and would not feel comfortable using his design for gain.If they were gifts it would be different but I just don't have the time to do it.
I will have no hesitation whatsoever in accepting the Dyed Oregon Maple Burl as a gift:D!

LoL, I will happily accept the Czech Maple as a gift. Just send me your bank details so that I can gift you an early birthday present
:rock::rock::rock:
Sorry but its a gift for someone already and they wouldn't be too happy about that:)

WoW very nice work @Genosmate , i have a plan, lets say next week is my birthday ;)

Back