Stabilised wood care

I have Micro Mesh standing by @daniel craig but have never tried it yet... I know I should but I'm nervous I will bugger up the wood. I am not the world's best handy man!
Yeah, I wouldn't risk it either . How does renaissance wax work compare to coconut oil? I see the coconut oil makes the wood look darker?

@Rob Fisher I assume that the micro mesh you have is probably 1200 or 1500 grit. That is extremely fine so I don't think it will scratch. My only concern is that if I were to do it, I'll probably Polish the one side more than the other or miss a few spots or overdo a few spots

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it either . How does renaissance wax work compare to coconut oil? I see the coconut oil makes the wood look darker?

Renaissance wax is more for after the coconut oil... it kind of seals it and yes the coconut does darken the wood but with colours it makes them so much more vibrant!

I try not buy mods or panels that need this kind of attention anymore... ones sealed with CA is most certainly the way to go... and I guess that's why I love Juma so much... very little maintenance and is resistant to juice spills unlike wood without a CA finish!

Also any pharmacy

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Coconut Oil makes the wood shine and nourishes the wood but I'm told that Super Mesh pads and Renaissance Wax is best... so here goes...
Polish 002.JPG

Decided to do my special Teal Stab Wood Solar Storm... it's a lot easier than I anticipated and I was worried I would bugger up the wood but the pads are very gentle on the wood... it takes some effort and time but as you change pads the shine improves with each one... and then Renaissance Wax when you are finished.
Polish 005.JPG

@Rob Fisher Those micro mesh pads work wonders, did my kodama with it about a year ago and it feels like a different mod when you are done. So smooth in the hand.

Those pads work well to remove blemishes from other materials as well, had a ding on my limelight pipe's aluminium button, a little buffing with the pads and it looks like new!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20181127-161029_Gallery.jpg Not vape related but wood and resin related lol. I started making these wood and resin rings, the finest grit sand paper i got was 2500 to make them shine. After i finish with the 2500 grit sanding, i polish them with my dremel and car polish. Then i apply raw linseed oil. But for this specific ring, i need to seal those pencil cores, i tried another layer of resin, but it made bumps, so i had to re sand the whole piece. Does anyone know what i can use to seal these? CA probably wont work because i need to put the ring on a mandrel on a lathe, which i dont have, and the ring is also not round.
Would wax work after i used the oil? I cant find beeswax anywhere in Bloemfontein

Was sorting the display cabinet and I realised a few of the stab wood squonkers needed some love an attention... cleaned them and applied a liberal helping of Renaissance wax on them... popped them into the sun for a short period to warm up the wax and let it sink in... and will polish the squonkers and put them back shortly!
Wood 001.JPG

View attachment 152524 Not vape related but wood and resin related lol. I started making these wood and resin rings, the finest grit sand paper i got was 2500 to make them shine. After i finish with the 2500 grit sanding, i polish them with my dremel and car polish. Then i apply raw linseed oil. But for this specific ring, i need to seal those pencil cores, i tried another layer of resin, but it made bumps, so i had to re sand the whole piece. Does anyone know what i can use to seal these? CA probably wont work because i need to put the ring on a mandrel on a lathe, which i dont have, and the ring is also not round.
Would wax work after i used the oil? I cant find beeswax anywhere in Bloemfontein

Carnauba or you can just use Boiled Linseed oil - it dries hard but dries significantly quicker than raw linseed. Alternatively you could use Danish oil but it is quite expensive. Unfortunatey Carnauba based wax is also quite expensive.

Any of these will not be permanent though. You most permanent solution would be Woodoc Polywax sealer.

Was sorting the display cabinet and I realised a few of the stab wood squonkers needed some love an attention... cleaned them and applied a liberal helping of Renaissance wax on them... popped them into the sun for a short period to warm up the wax and let it sink in... and will polish the squonkers and put them back shortly!
View attachment 158572

What Mod is that one on the left uncle? Do you have anymore pictures of it?

Back