storing batterys for a year?

reijnier

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I want store my extra baterys for a few years, should I charge or disgarge until 40 percent

@reijnier Discharge your batteries to about 3.6V and then you can store indefinitely (don't discharge lower than 3V).

double bag it and store it in the fridge... Preserves the chemistry. @johan is there a reason it shouldnt be stored full?

I will do the volt test my fridge well have to debate

Tried a multi meter couldnt get a reading any idees

Does your battery charger not give you a voltage reading?

If you are not getting a reading from your multimeter at all then it is possible that the voltage dropped to below 2.5V, in which case the battery switches off for safety - if it has been like that for longer than a week, it can cause copper buildup in the battery, which can make it short out when you charge it again - so in that case, better to bin it.

If you are not getting a reading from your multimeter at all then it is possible that the voltage dropped to below 2.5V, in which case the batter switches off for safety - if it has been like that for longer than a week, it can cause copper buildup in the battery, which can make it short out when you charge it again - so in that case, better to bin it.
Luckily its cheap batteries but doing the legwork for vaping is worth it

Wasted a few bucks but im learning
Cool, yep we all started with zero knowledge, made our mistakes :) Luckily this forum is here now and there are plenty of people willing to answer questions and help out :)

I want store my extra baterys for a few years, should I charge or disgarge until 40 percent

Just curious @reijnier , why are you storing the batteries for a "few years" ?

Back