Stripped BB Hex Screw

Chronix

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All

I have stripped one of my BB's hex screws while attempting to swap out the button. Does anyone know of a person that could assist me? I am not someone that is good with tools and I do not want to damage it further

Try a small rubber band between te screw and the bit you are using. Helps 75% of the times to get it out.

I have used the elastic band trick a couple of times and it does work, Sometimes.;)
What i have found that also works is a set of those screw extraction bits.
upload_2020-12-10_7-39-38.png

If all else fails... Jai Haze also has a specific tool that is quite effective in opening up devices.... :rofl:

Drop of superglue on tip screwdriver.
Let it stick to the screw.
Unscrew.

Burn the screw off the screwdriver with a lighter.
Use a ventilated area as cyanoacrylate fumes aren't fun.

Hi all thank you so much for the suggestions. I have tried the rubber band option to no avail. Next up super glue option

Put a small drop of superglue on a piece of tin foil, push that into the screw and let it bite. Then try. Hope you get it.

Hi all thank you so much for the suggestions. I have tried the rubber band option to no avail. Next up super glue option
I use a smaller flat screwdriver. The screwdriver has to go inside the stripped hex with little play. (Mind your hands incase it slips) exert downward force and unscrew. *The jewelers screwdrivers works good.*
Works 99.999. % of the times for me.

Thanks guys, but I think the screw is too far gone.

Does anyone know of a person I could possible send it to in SA?

Someone with a 0.5mm or 1mm drill bit and a very precise drill stand will be able to help. Pretty much bust the screw from the top.

Or a jeweller who can precision weld can also bond a screwdriver to the screw head.

Thats some next level ideas right there.
Nice one man.
If you do this at some point you would have to flatten the flutes somewhat before sharpening or else it slips.
I think I'll make a tutorial on this when I get a chance.

If you do this at some point you would have to flatten the flutes somewhat before sharpening or else it slips.
I think I'll make a tutorial on this when I get a chance.

Thanks for that ... Up until your post, I had never considered a set of Left Handed Drill bits, however I'm now in the market for a set :)Left hand drill bits.jpg

Back