Subox mini redone in metalic green

Nailedit77

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Got bored of the plain black, stripped it
Down with paint stripper and gave it a couple of metalic coats. Last step is some clear coat and all is done
20160224_140622.jpg
20160224_140742-1.jpg
20160224_154426-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Down with paint stripper and gave it a couple of metalic coats. Last step is some clear coat and all is done
Looks really good! What did you paint it with? Hammerite? (Excuse the ignorance!)

Looks really good ......... damn fine job :clap:

Dave

Once im done with it tomoz ill upload the finished product :)

Just remebered now.... when i put it in paint stripper, i forgot to take out the plastic screen :( so had to do a diy for replacement. Anyone know where i could maybe get an original replacement?

Just remebered now.... when i put it in paint stripper, i forgot to take out the plastic screen :( so had to do a diy for replacement. Anyone know where i could maybe get an original replacement?
...not likely, probably going to need a charcoal/smoked piece of polycarbonate sheeting, the kind of thing that might be in the offcuts bin/dumpster of a plastics place like Maizeys.
It will be another opportunity to showcase your skills. :)

...not likely, probably going to need a charcoal/smoked piece of polycarbonate sheeting, the kind of thing that might be in the offcuts bin/dumpster of a plastics place like Maizeys.
It will be another opportunity to showcase your skills. :)
MMMM, didn't think about that :) going to go do some digging soon ;)

A lot of items come in those 'blister' type packs ............ the ones that are nearly impossible to open with out a knife or pair of scissors - a small piece of that will do.
:)
Dave

I used the bottom of a old s5 cover, need to get something that i can mould the same as the curve of the original plastic. Will figure something out, maybe clear persepex. Will upload more pics once its completed and im happy with it :)

2016-02-25 12.19.24.jpg 2016-02-25 12.19.44.jpg 2016-02-25 12.20.05.jpg And i'm done :) lots of hard work, but sooo worth it!!!

Last edited:
Nice job mate, looks very cool indeed.

Great stuff, I took a different approach in 3D Printing a custom case for mine. Pics attached. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice work!

I actually want to look at stripping the paint or respraying my subox mini tank cause its chipping off.

Back