Subtank Mini wire size?

Nick

I want to be the person my dog thinks I am
LV

Awards
Morning Guys, the pre made coils in the subtank Mini? any idea what size Kanthol wire is used?

I suspect 26G

I had the same question some time ago.
Went with 26G and was very happy with the results.

Its 26G, i build mine with this size and actually compared it 2 nights ago as i was curios as well.

I have used 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 32 Gage as well as 0.5mm Ribbon Kanthal in it as well.

Thanks how many wraps..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry last question .. 2.5mm is that the same size as the blue screwdriver that comes with it?

I'd be lying if I said yes. I used one slightly larger than that when I was wrapping them.
Grab a ruler and start measuring stuff in your house.

Start with the little blue guy. I like wood screws to do perfect spaced wraps.
b650abdb-821a-4448-9dd0-e46961b42332_400.jpg

You can get a small screw driver set at Checkers hyper for like R30. also shows what sizes they are.

I think the size of the blue screwdriver is 2mm, just checked looks about the same as the 2mm from my set.

I am using twisted 28g 4 wraps in my subtank (Not spaced) gives 0.5ohm works awesome!

Sorry last question .. 2.5mm is that the same size as the blue screwdriver that comes with it?

I believe its 2mm, I do 6wraps with 26ga on the standard driver and it ends up around the 0.5ohm mark

Spaced wraps in the RBA is the best, or you will get loads of dry hits.

Here is my wraps for the gauges:
26: 5 Wraps
27: 5 Wraps
28: 6 Wraps
29: 6 Wraps
30: 7 Wraps
32: 7 - 8 Wraps (Ive tried double 5 wrap coils and its not too bad)
0.5mm Ribbon: 4 wraps - Quite hard to space but its damn nice flavour

Also remember to push your coil a bit down so its closer to the deck. This will stop the Lava effect.

Thanks... guys anyone have a picture of the best spacing

Thanks... guys anyone have a picture of the best spacing

Id say about half a mm - so 0.5mm between each wrap.

The way i do it:

I do a normal coil wrap and get it nice and tight, then i take a small flat head screwdriver or razor blade (The ones you cut carpets with) and squeeze it through the wraps till all the wraps are spaced equally.

Ive never had a dry hit doing it this way. Ill try post a pick for you now.

Attachments

• 20151209_201211.jpg
    20151209_201211.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 15
Great thanks...

Measured 3 different little blue screwdrivers from 3 subtank kits with a micromameter
2.16 mm, 2.19 mm and 2.21 mm so I would say that 2.2 mm would be the recommended size of the little blue screwdriver.
Also just be careful because the point of the screwdriver is slightly wider because of the grooving which has a little ridge.
sometimes with a tight coil you will see screwdriver gets stuck as you try to pull it out of coil when it gets to the grooved part at the end.
A good tip is to sand down the part where the star groves are to a blunt point. This helps to insert screwdriver when you want to straighten coils and it won't get stuck when you pull it out

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back