Suggestions

JennyWren

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello Everybody :)

My husband bought an e-cig for himself a while ago( Think it is an ego evod kit) but he isn't using it because he says it makes him cough to much - any suggestions on what we can do to make it more pleasant for him so that he can make the switch - I really want him to - his smoking is already killing him...

Nice little forum you guys have going on here by the way!

It may be something to do with the type of liquid he is using - do you know if it is VG or PG in his liquid?

hi JennyWren

what nicotine level is he using? 9mg/12mg/18mg?

that could be the reason for the coughing.

Hi JennyWren

Welcomming you to the forum also! :D

Starting vaping can be kinda rough on some people's lungs, I coughed up old sweeties when I started :eek:

Definitly has to do with the PG/VG and nicotine strength. What he can try is lowering the nicotine a bit, and starting off by trying to take small teenie weenie drags and just inhaling slowly, then as the lungs get used to vaping, it WILL get better. Promise!

:)

It's also a good thing to remember that vaping is not smoking and therefore requires a different method of inhaling . I found that if you gently sip on the atomiser like a straw and only pull into the mouth like most noob smokers do, you will be able to determine over time how much vapor you can inhale without coughing . Also remember that most of the nicotine gets absorbed in the mouth and not the lungs . Hope that helps :)

Also, tell him to try and hold the vapour in his mouth a few seconds - then inhaling slowly - that seems to work for a lot of people - and it is only something that happens in the beginning with some people, he will quickly get used to it

Back