Svd Broke!

Reinvanhardt

Just Vapist
LV

Awards
So I recently had this problem where my SVD couldn't fire because the centre pin wasn't making a proper connection with the atomizer. The internal resistance checker kept indicating "NON". I did some research and it turns out that some atomizers without adjustable or spring loaded positive pins can push down too hard on your SVD centre pin causing it to malfunction. The solution to this would be to gently remove the SVD centre pin and replace the washer/grommet underneath.

Unfortunately the wire soldered to the end of the centre pin that connects to the SVD's chip set was severed.

This does not seem to be repairable at all.

I'm unsure if the warranty will still hold as it's about 3 months old. Monday will tell. I've just bought a packet of cigarettes. :(

Oh man, that is really sad, serious k@k one.

I am sure the wire could be replaced, perhaps some of the electrical engineer guys could shed some light on what can be done.

Where in JHB are you? I can borrow you a mech mod if you want. I also have a Evod battery.

Dude that would be fantastic! I've got a mech coming from Fasttech in the not too distant future. But let me find out from the vender what the warranty situation is first. I might take you up on that.

Awesome!!!!

Hi @TylerD. I just came back from Eciggies in Sunninghill where I purchased my SVD three months ago. Sadly they've only got a one month guarantee. So considering I've already got two RBA's and I love building coils, I feel it would be a bit redundant to purchase another SVD right now. I would be delighted to take you up on your offer of lending me a mechanical mod. I'm hoping that my Sentinel M16 will arrive before the next vape meet but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be too long afterwards though.

I'm situated in the Randburg/Linden area. It wouldn't be any trouble for me to collect anywhere in JHB. If this is still in order you can pm me your home or work address, whichever is more convenient.

In the meantime I'm going to try to pry open the top-cap of the SVD. If that's possible I might be able to strip the wire insulation, solder the centre pin back and re-insulate the wire with electrical tape. That might do the trick. Otherwise the SVD will be an organ donor. Bottom battery pin, bottom cap, spare tube, various buttons, LED screen, beauty ring and centre pin insulator are all possible spares. I'll make a thread of it.

It really is astounding to see such cooperation and generosity in this forum. You are brilliant Mr. Durden!

Tyler Durden.jpg

Hi @TylerD. I just came back from Eciggies in Sunninghill where I purchased my SVD three months ago. Sadly they've only got a one month guarantee. So considering I've already got two RBA's and I love building coils, I feel it would be a bit redundant to purchase another SVD right now. I would be delighted to take you up on your offer of lending me a mechanical mod. I'm hoping that my Sentinel M16 will arrive before the next vape meet but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be too long afterwards though.

I'm situated in the Randburg/Linden area. It wouldn't be any trouble for me to collect anywhere in JHB. If this is still in order you can pm me your home or work address, whichever is more convenient.

In the meantime I'm going to try to pry open the top-cap of the SVD. If that's possible I might be able to strip the wire insulation, solder the centre pin back and re-insulate the wire with electrical tape. That might do the trick. Otherwise the SVD will be an organ donor. Bottom battery pin, bottom cap, spare tube, various buttons, LED screen, beauty ring and centre pin insulator are all possible spares. I'll make a thread of it.

It really is astounding to see such cooperation and generosity in this forum. You are brilliant Mr. Durden!

No problem @Reinvanhardt ! I work on Sandton and live in Roodepoort. I can always meet you somewhere on my way home. Unfortunately not today, but tomorrow, all the way. If you want it early, you are welcome to come collect it in Sandton. Close to Woodmead, next o the M1.
Let me know!
That love picture!!! I'm going to steal it! Whooohahahaha!

No problem @Reinvanhardt ! I work on Sandton and live in Roodepoort. I can always meet you somewhere on my way home. Unfortunately not today, but tomorrow, all the way. If you want it early, you are welcome to come collect it in Sandton. Close to Woodmead, next o the M1.
Let me know!
That love picture!!! I'm going to steal it! Whooohahahaha!

Great stuff! Yeah early and Sandton is a good combo. Just let me know where exactly. No need to give directions, I'll plot it in Google Maps. :D:D:D

Wow, the spirit and generosity here is incredible.
A loan unit and a free repair
You would think we are in the magic kingdom here....

@Reinhardt , i have repaired a SVD with a frayed wire that was shorting , just use a small piece of heat shrink to re insulate after re soldering the contact . worked like a charm .

@Reinhardt , i have repaired a SVD with a frayed wire that was shorting , just use a small piece of heat shrink to re insulate after re soldering the contact . worked like a charm .

I think my biggest problem will be removing the top cap without damaging the top tube too much. This is the farthest I can pull out the wire that goes to the chip-set. Where you able to remove the top cap?

DSC_0126.jpg

eeew , ok thats a bad one , the one that i did had a bit more wire to it , removing the top cap should not be tooo bad , a good pair of vice grips on the base ring should do the trick .

eeew , ok thats a bad one , the one that i did had a bit more wire to it , removing the top cap should not be tooo bad , a good pair of vice grips on the base ring should do the trick .

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'll let you guys know. Will only have time tonight though.

Mmmm... inner workings of an SVD... *rubs hands together grinning devilishly*

You can always clamp the beauty ring and just get another one for round R80 I think if it breaks.

Good idea! However I think the amount of pressure needed to clamp the beauty ring tight enough might just bend it. And the top-cap might have clockwise threads running into the top-tube, in which case the beauty ring will just unscrew... I'll try it though :)

Good idea! However I think the amount of pressure needed to clamp the beauty ring tight enough might just bend it. And the top-cap might have clockwise threads running into the top-tube, in which case the beauty ring will just unscrew... I'll try it though :)
I think they just press the top cap in, like with a ego battery, clamp the top cap and wiggle the battery tube and it pops off.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/30807/svd-trouble

Check the dude's statement:

The same thing happened to mine, same button too. I got the top off mine. The top is threaded (normal thread) made of brass so you need to be careful, mine was REALLY tight so I couldn`t get it off without making marks on the top. The wire that is connected to the centre pin will twist as you try and unscrew the top. At that point, I decided I could live with it. My button still works but has lost it`s springyness and "click". Hope this is some help to you
smiley.png
alansi
There is probably a tool that you can get which would fit the recesses in the ego threading. You may even be able to unscrew it with long nose pliers and fit the jaws around the recesses.

Back