SX Mini M Class upgrade file available

I actually agree with @shabbar. I still get dry hits

I hear what you are saying & fully understand the logic and the reasoning, but ... in my opinion, and this is strictly my view on TC, to me TC is still deep in it's infancy. One should only have to set the wire type, then the unit should automatically lock the coil resistance, know the temp coefficient of that wire you set, all one should have to adjust is the temp. I'm often having to adjust Joules because I'm all of a sudden getting dry hits & burnt coils and more often than not I might as well be vaping VW because the joules and temp are so low to avoid these things. Remember that's my experience and I'm a retard.

imo the way i understand it , if you set the device to the preset coil types it already knows the temp coefficient , the user just has to lock in the resistance , and set the temp/joules to personal preference ?

imo the way i understand it , if you set the device to the preset coil types it already knows the temp coefficient , the user just has to lock in the resistance , and set the temp/joules to personal preference ?
Yes that's true but what I meant is in my opinion TC development has a great deal to achieve still but manufacturers know vapers will buy anything a long as it sounds cutting edge and shines.

I actually agree with @shabbar. I still get dry hits

I hear what you are saying & fully understand the logic and the reasoning, but ... in my opinion, and this is strictly my view on TC, to me TC is still deep in it's infancy. One should only have to set the wire type, then the unit should automatically lock the coil resistance, know the temp coefficient of that wire you set, all one should have to adjust is the temp. I'm often having to adjust Joules because I'm all of a sudden getting dry hits & burnt coils and more often than not I might as well be vaping VW because the joules and temp are so low to avoid these things. Remember that's my experience and I'm a retard.
Of course it is in its infancy - I totally agree and have even started this thread to that effect.

Problem is, there is not a standard wire or wires for TC. Until there is (if it gets to that), a TCR value functionality is of great value. On the DNA 200 you can even set a more exact temperature curve for the wire of your choice and files to this effect are available for download to make it easier.

Another side to this is that all preset TCR values and curves work off a standard room temperature (think 25 C), which does not reflect reality in many cases. The SX Mini M class now allows you to set your own room temperature. All of these things make TC better and more accurate imo. Not sure if the DNA200 has this functionality.

The whole TC thing was initiated by the flawed formaldehyde paper and is an attempt to prevent dry hits and burnt coils for a safer vape. From what I can gather, vapers who like high power and warm vapes do not normally like TC as the vape does not get warm enough. If you have set your device correctly and wicked properly, you should not get dry hits or burnt coils, but the vape might not be to your liking.

Yip, complicated at this stage, not for noobs imo and also not if you want it to be KISS and the end all of vaping. Will be mighty interesting to see where the TC journey takes us.

Yes. A preset value would actually be more accurate as it consists of a string of values based on the resistance of the wire at different temperatures.

Another new feature on the SX mini M class is the "Compensate Temperature", which appears just after you have set the resistance of your coils. As I understand it, you can use this to set your specific room temperature, which can differ widely from the preset one (think it is 25 C) - making TC more accurate.

Ok an update on my head twister......

Yesterday I was updating things on my desktop PC so while I was waiting I decided to give updating my SX mini another go, desktop being busy I decided to hook it up to my Notebook & fiddle with the software update on it .... lo & behold .... everything worked straight away, installed the driver, connected to my SX mini & did the update without a hitch :clap::dance::party::rofl:. I've been using S/Steel in TC since yesterday and @Andre I can now confirm that it translates into a very smooth vape. Thanks all the input guys even though at a point I was finished with TC but once again I'm full steam ahead not even aware of icebergs.

Ok an update on my head twister......

Yesterday I was updating things on my desktop PC so while I was waiting I decided to give updating my SX mini another go, desktop being busy I decided to hook it up to my Notebook & fiddle with the software update on it .... lo & behold .... everything worked straight away, installed the driver, connected to my SX mini & did the update without a hitch :clap::dance::party::rofl:. I've been using S/Steel in TC since yesterday and @Andre I can now confirm that it translates into a very smooth vape. Thanks all the input guys even though at a point I was finished with TC but once again I'm full steam ahead not even aware of icebergs.
Ah, that is so good to hear. Enjoy.

My fancy paperweight is irritating me no end... I get to the Link setting and set it to on and wait and the system shuts down?

My fancy paperweight is irritating me no end... I get to the Link setting and set it to on and wait and the system shuts down?
@Rob Fisher I think maybe you're having the same issue I had. Try it on another PC, I did that innocently and It just worked, no reason why this happened but it still doesn't want to connect on my desktop PC. This morning I sent Yihi an email explaining and they just replied, "oh it happens sometimes .. glad you got sorted".

@shabbar I'm liking my flashy paperweight now >:)

@Rob Fisher I think maybe you're having the same issue I had. Try it on another PC, I did that innocently and It just worked, no reason why this happened but it still doesn't want to connect on my desktop PC. This morning I sent Yihi an email explaining and they just replied, "oh it happens sometimes .. glad you got sorted".

@shabbar I'm liking my flashy paperweight now >:)

Many thanks @Deckie will give it a go!

I have a similar if not related issue with my cell @Deckie and @Rob Fisher. It will not connect to a certain laptop.
I have also found the above laptop does not like my usb 3 external hard drives.
I have a few laptops and my educated conclusion is thus, being to busy to actually do something about it.

Usb 3 ports which may have the generic driver as opposed to the manufacturer specific driver may give you compatibility issues even though this is not supposed to happen.
Strange but true.

so my problem is similar to that of @Deckie but in my case, it actually connects to the pc. the update installs, says complete. but when i disconnect it the mod is off. and i need to take the batt out. with the update not being done. tried it on another pc..... same thing.

I gave up on my upgrade because I don't really need any of the upgrades... but one day when I'm bored I may try it again... mind you I probably will never do it and just play with my DNA 200 device when it arrives!

so my problem is similar to that of @Deckie but in my case, it actually connects to the pc. the update installs, says complete. but when i disconnect it the mod is off. and i need to take the batt out. with the update not being done. tried it on another pc..... same thing.

don't remove the battery , unplug it and hold the up or down button in and see ?

happened to me once

Back