SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

Yeah dude, that green is not my favorite. The blue is nice!
sxk-bb-60w-style-all-in-one-box-mod-kit-blue-aluminum-alloy-1-x-18650-evolv-dna-60.jpg

http://www.3fvape.com/mod-kit/15892...ue-aluminum-alloy-1-x-18650-evolv-dna-60.html
I might have to eat my words here ... I've just placed an order for a SXK BB DNA60W ... and its not Blue :eek:

Hey bud, who did you order through? - am thinking I might need to do the same....
Hey bud, I'm sorry to say but I grabbed the last DNA60 that Noonclouds had in stock (website shows stock but I spoke to them over the phone and they said its the last one).
Maybe give them a call just to be sure :)

I'm a bit late to the BB party, but what's everyone's favourite coils to use in these? Ideally looking for something with an SS coil and ceramic wicking, but open to suggestions. I almost exclusively vape rebuildables, so looking for something that's super low maintenance.
My home made fused claptons at 2.5mm 6 wraps has crazy good flavour, but definitely try to get your hands on some of The Coil Company's coils!

My home made fused claptons at 2.5mm 6 wraps has crazy good flavour, but definitely try to get your hands on some of The Coil Company's coils!

I'm sure I could throw some fused ss on there, but if I wanted to build my own coils, I'd use a device designed for it. I want something that can be changed out within 15 seconds if need be.

I'm sure I could throw some fused ss on there, but if I wanted to build my own coils, I'd use a device designed for it. I want something that can be changed out within 15 seconds if need be.

Billet box is not the easiest and fastest to just change out the coils on the fly

Billet box is not the easiest and fastest to just change out the coils on the fly

I think my point is not coming across clearly. Thanks for your input either way

I'm a bit late to the BB party, but what's everyone's favourite coils to use in these? Ideally looking for something with an SS coil and ceramic wicking, but open to suggestions. I almost exclusively vape rebuildables otherwise, so looking for something that's super low maintenance that I can pop in instantly and will last long.
Visited Vaper's Corner with my brother in law this morning. He bought a SXK BB. Rudi set up a Kangertech 0.5 ohm Clapton commercial coil in there for him, using the included adapter. Works perfectly and the flavour is good. Not a ceramic wick, but am sure you could do one of Kangertech's ceramic commercial coils in there too.

So the rebuilding started
IMG_5397.JPG
On my sxmini it reads at 0,74ohms in my vaping range. This is also the coil that i got in the exocet from @Deckie
IMG_5398.JPG
Rewicked it as per instruction from all the threads i have read last night
IMG_5400.JPG
Installed it into the borro tank
IMG_5401.JPG
Filled the tank with berry blaze from VM @Oupa IMG_5403.JPG
Fully installed and setup now for a daily run with it to see how performs. IMG_5405.JPG

I will post later how it performs. I am not gonna take my reo with because it will be unfair to the new sxk bb to have a replacement mod. So i am going to be out for most of the day with family. Guys enjoy the day and many happy vapes.

Lovely documenting of the rewicking process @antonherbst

So how did it perform?
Let us know

PS - in the 2nd last photo it seems there is a white streak of something, diagonally in the top left. Is this a seal or something? Or is it just the way the photo was taken?

Lovely documenting of the rewicking process @antonherbst

So how did it perform?
Let us know

PS - in the 2nd last photo it seems there is a white streak of something, diagonally in the top left. Is this a seal or something? Or is it just the way the photo was taken?

Hi @Silver that white diagonal line is juice against the front plastic of the tank. Think i might have over filled the fisrt one.

The performance was a bit muted compared to my usual flavors from my merlin mini or the reo. But i used a different juice in the bb so i think it might have been that the juice does not work well with the bb. Any ways i now have vapeking amarula fruit in the tank and it is on point. Wow is an understatement of this juice noe in the bb. The performans is also alot better now as i had to rewick the same coil. And i think i did less cotton on this 2nd rewick and now its working. I am loving the bb. All i can say is thanks to @TheV for the tag in the sale

Hi @Silver that white diagonal line is juice against the front plastic of the tank. Think i might have over filled the fisrt one.

The performance was a bit muted compared to my usual flavors from my merlin mini or the reo. But i used a different juice in the bb so i think it might have been that the juice does not work well with the bb. Any ways i now have vapeking amarula fruit in the tank and it is on point. Wow is an understatement of this juice noe in the bb. The performans is also alot better now as i had to rewick the same coil. And i think i did less cotton on this 2nd rewick and now its working. I am loving the bb. All i can say is thanks to @TheV for the tag in the sale

Great stuff, got a bit worried there for you for a moment with that diagonal line.

I think all these devices have their own special place when it comes to the juices that make them shine. My BB is still doing nicely on a fruity menthol - it needs a rewick but i am not looking forward to it - lol

Great stuff, got a bit worried there for you for a moment with that diagonal line.

I think all these devices have their own special place when it comes to the juices that make them shine. My BB is still doing nicely on a fruity menthol - it needs a rewick but i am not looking forward to it - lol

One thing is i am super sensitive to my devices. Taking great care when working with my vape goodies. As for the menthol mix. That is my next tank full to test the different flavours. I will report back on those tests aswell.

Oh menthols and the BBOX
Silver is 100% right.
You will not be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh menthols and the BBOX
Silver is 100% right.
You will not be disappointed

But this now leaves me with a problem. I do not want to follow in @Rob Fisher 's foot steps and have everything filled with xxx:p:-D:( I want some variaty to my flovours. :-D:rofl: I think once you go down the xxx route there is no returning to the normal. :confused::confused:

Only a pleasure for the tag. I'm happy you managed to grab the deal!
Good to hear that the BB is finding its place.
We will have to compare notes regarding the rebuilding process sooner rather than later.
I'm still on the build @Morne did for me :)

Only a pleasure for the tag. I'm happy you managed to grab the deal!
Good to hear that the BB is finding its place.
We will have to compare notes regarding the rebuilding process sooner rather than later.
I'm still on the build @Morne did for me :)

Definately. I am on a clapton 5 wrap 2,5mm ID. Not sure on the wire as i got it like this from @Deckie

Definately. I am on a clapton 5 wrap 2,5mm ID. Not sure on the wire as i got it like this from @Deckie
Hi @antonherbst please can you send a pic of the 2.5 mm Clapton when u get a chance? I built the bb with a 2.5 Clapton and the coil was so close to the posts I was scared it would short or have a metal taste and the process of rebuilding the Exocet is not a 5-10 minute job, so I opted for 2mm, I think a 2.5 diameter coil will shine in this setup!

Thanks in advance

Hi @antonherbst please can you send a pic of the 2.5 mm Clapton when u get a chance? I built the bb with a 2.5 Clapton and the coil was so close to the posts I was scared it would short or have a metal taste and the process of rebuilding the Exocet is not a 5-10 minute job, so I opted for 2mm, I think a 2.5 diameter coil will shine in this setup!

Thanks in advance

I hope this photo helps. IMG_5399.JPG
I have made sure the coil is not touching. And i checked it with a coil kit. Maybe try a 2,4mm id on the clapton wire. I have drill bits for the sizes i cant wrap with my coiling kit.

Hello guys. This might have been discussed earlier in the thread. If so sorry for asking again. Is their a manual for the sxk bb 70w asmodus board? I am wanting to setup the curve mode for this awesome device. Any help in finding a manual will be very welcomed and i thank you in advance

@antonherbst, since I squonk 9/10 times, I was also dissapointed in the flavour of the Exocet. I only use the Insider in 3 of my Billet Boxes. 2.5mm alien coils. Flavour is spot on. One is filled with menthol, and the other with tobacco's.

I hope this photo helps. View attachment 108098
I have made sure the coil is not touching. And i checked it with a coil kit. Maybe try a 2,4mm id on the clapton wire. I have drill bits for the sizes i cant wrap with my coiling kit.
Solid! Thanks for the pic, I think my Clapton wire was a tad thicker, hence the touch, getting some n80 geekvapes today that should be able wrap just like that! Thanks for the help, and the drill bit idea is brilliant! I’ve never thought of that

Hello guys. This might have been discussed earlier in the thread. If so sorry for asking again. Is their a manual for the sxk bb 70w asmodus board? I am wanting to setup the curve mode for this awesome device. Any help in finding a manual will be very welcomed and i thank you in advance

I have searched far and wide for a manual, couldn't find one anywhere.
The power curve works in seconds (adjustable) and the wattage is based on you current setting.
So every column on the graph Wil be determined by the time interval you set, and the + or - 5 or 10 wil be above your pre set 27 or whatever watts.
It takes some playing to get it right.
Let me know hoe it goes and if you need more info

Oh i just have to find out if i am the only one to do this sometimes.

Sometimes when i vape on the bb i accidentally close the air holes holding the bb in my hands. And then when i drag it feels like a very tight mtl draw but then i remember the air holes. And i get a short little chukkle to myself about it and then i shift the bb into another position. And then i vape on and love the flavor.

Back