Awards
Review from CVS I thought I'd post here:

Juice: Sellect Reserve Aztec
nepu7y9a.jpg

Device Used: Dna30 + kayfun lite+
1.1ohms
power settings between 15 and 18watts
e5uhu6yr.jpg

Been vaping aztec for a couple of days. This is like the perfect ballance of vanilla and custard. I get a rich creamy vanilla on the inhale and just before I exhale there is a ripe sweetness in the back of the throat. on the exhale I get a hint of custard and something else , I cant put my finger on the taste.

So to some up this juice I give it 10/10 excellent flavour, vapor and throat hit. its addictive as I cant stop vaping this if I have it in my tank.

Last edited:
Maghrib has changed my views on juice,its just so damn complex,aztec is next on the list

I also really enjoy Maghrib and Troy. I'm very eager to get to Rasputin. I can pick up on cranberry notes underneath the tobacco. Seems much milder than Matador and van Gogh.

I must take my hat off to you sir these are delicious all of them I have tried are excellent. altho witchers I got is not really my cup of tea these made up for the loss of witchers

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

I must take my hat off to you sir these are delicious all of them I have tried are excellent. altho witchers I got is not really my cup of tea these made up for the loss of witchers

Unfortunately Tobaccos can be like that. You love it or hate it. Blackbird still my No 1, but I can see why some people would not like it.

After a friend tastes maghrib and vc daydream thursday,I recieved a message last night
"you B@$tard,you ruined my energy cow,what was that website?"
with my limted setup i find its happiest in my PT2 at 1.8ohm single at 4.5v,cotton flavour wicks and sililca main wick

After a friend tastes maghrib and vc daydream thursday,I recieved a message last night
"you B@$tard,you ruined my energy cow,what was that website?"
with my limted setup i find its happiest in my PT2 at 1.8ohm single at 4.5v,cotton flavour wicks and sililca main wick

Word is getting out and that I'm vary happy with. We need all the assistance we can get to sustain this venture! Thank you for spreading the word. We have been hearing similar remarks over the last two months where some folks love to hate us, as it seems many guys did not really know that there was something else out there other to what they are use to!

Tark's Select Reserve - RASPUTIN

Opening the bottle, this juice smell heavenly. Love the bottles these juices are packaged in, small, slim, hard, durable. Vaping 18 mg Rasputin since last night. Aqua, dual coils, 0.6 ohms, Ekowool.

A sweet, smooth and very satifying pipe tobacco. Not that punch in the face tobacco. The throat hit is the best I have ever had - not in the sense of a shock, but round, solid and flavourful throat hit. On the exhale the pipe tobacco lingers exquisitely with a subtle, very subtle sub-tone of fruit, which just does enough to break the sweetness of the tobacco without distracting from it. The fruit tones are a hint of tart and a hint of citrus tantalising the front of your tongue, inviting another toot.

Absolute bliss for me, more to be ordered as soon as the purse allows.

On the @denizenx scale: 5) holy freaking nom batman : this is super nom

Last edited:
Hi all

This is the first of my Tark's Select Reserve reviews. It is of their Aztec flavour. This is from another US based premium juice manufacturer. I bought it from SubOhmVapor. Aztec cost me R250 for 30ml. Not cheap at R8.33 per ml but not as expensive as Five Pawns (R11.67/ml). The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping Aztec for about a week. Here goes...

Tark's Select Reserve - AZTEC (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a very sweet creamy liqueur type of flavour. It's a high quality juice but the flavour is just too sweet and not for me. I will not be re-ordering.

The liquid has a red/orange colour and smells like a creamy liqueur.

Aztec has a sweet creamy taste with a bit of a liqueur tone to it. The website description mentions vanilla custard. For me these are there but its sweeter than I thought it would be and I get too much of that liqueur taste for my liking. It's a sharp initial taste and is quite strongly flavoured. I find it very sweet and rich. It's on the wettish side. It is natural tasting overall but I don't enjoy that liqueur tone to it. Occasionally my taste buds picked up a feint plasticky taste but that could just be me.

This juice has a medium to strong throat hit. It delivers nicely initially and calms down a bit as you vape it more. The first vape after a while punches nicely especially with a quicker draw. Overall it's got decent punch at 18mg.

It vapes well and has a "smooth" action to it. It's quite a bold vape, not a mellow mindless one. Without doubt this is a high quality complex juice but I just couldn't get to enjoy the flavour much - just my personal preference.

While the initial vape is quite sharp, sweet and intense (rich vanilla and that liqueur tone), it mellows out into a nice creamy vanilla type aftertaste. I did like that and if it wasnt for that aspect, I doubt I would have been able to carry on for more than a day or two.

This is a great juice that I am sure many will like - it's just not for me. I think those that like Five Pawns Gambit and Vapour Mountain VM4 may love this flavour. It just seems that my taste buds are not much in favour of the vanilla or sweet custard type flavours.

I found vapour production to be good. Seems on par for a 50/50 juice.

Aztec bottle.jpg

Packaging:
- I think the packaging is decent. Dark coloured bottles with a simple screw cap
- It is quite unique looking - like a little bottle of alcohol - neat - with an "old fashioned" type of logo and what looks like handwritten particulars
- The flavour, nic strength and quantity is there - but there is no PG/VG ratio. I had to do some Googling for that.
- A negative once again is that you need a pipette or blunt needle syringe to load the juice. And once again, when open, don't knock the bottle over or you will spill your juice
- the cap is not of the "child-deterrent" type

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.9 ohm coil - cotton wick - (15 to 20 Watts, depending on battery level)

Nice review @Silver and @Andre

After reading what others are saying about Aztec I can't help but think maybe what I have as Aztec is something else? I don't get any vanilla, or any creamy custard flavour

Nice review @Silver and @Andre

After reading what others are saying about Aztec I can't help but think maybe what I have as Aztec is something else? I don't get any vanilla, or any creamy custard flavour

Thanks @devdev
Nice to have devdev back ;-)

What are you tasting with your Aztec?

Strangely, at the VapeMeet, @TylerD's Blackbird tasted very different to my Blackbird. Both on a REO at I think similarish ohms. They were not slightly different - they very noticeably different. At the meet, we joked that mine was maybe Blackbird and his was Blackbeard

Just got a PM from @devdev...

Hey choppie,

Where did you disappear to?

Explain this to me. Aztec in the Reo, tastes like alcohol. No vanilla, no custard, no like.

Aztec in a mini PT2, tastes good, all vanilla, all custard, no alcohol...

There's been a small number of reviews completely flip sided of others. Strange, yes?
I can assure you I'm not switching labels on bottles to keep you guys guessing :giggle:
I am however intrigued by this as I don't understand why some reviews are very drastic from what I'm experiencing. Even in DevDev's PM, he went from hating Aztec to liking it in a tank setup.

Only common denominator here seems to be the Reo.
Now before I need to start dodging bricks, hear me out.

I do 99% of my vape in the Kayfun.
While the Reo is effectively a dripper.

And two guys with Reo's seem to expecting the same flavour totally differently in the exact same setups.
Care to help me trouble shoot here? I'm very intrigued that some of us are so far apart when there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation.

I've certainly never picked up on any alcohol notes.
Some guys get musky notes on Blackbird on Reo's while other don't.

I'd be curious to see what happenes to your experience with the juice if you tried it in a tank. A while back I posted on why I did not think some flavors did well in drippers (the whole single flavor/complex flavor thing).

This is my only reasoning behind it. Other than that I have no idea.

Last edited:
I vaped half my aztec in a reo and half in a kayfun clone. not a massive differance from my side . the first time i vaped it was on a dripper (not a reomizer) and a mech and it was phenomenal. my 2 cents

also not getting any alcohol tones at all , vaping on it as we speak

There's been a small number of reviews completely flip sided of others. Strange, yes?
I can assure you I'm not switching labels on bottles to keep you guys guessing :giggle:
I am however intrigued by this as I don't understand why some reviews are very drastic from what I'm experiencing. Even in DevDev's PM, he went from hating Aztec to liking it in a tank setup.

And two guys with Reo's seem to expecting the same flavour totally differently in the exact same setups.
Care to help me trouble shoot here? I'm very intrigued that some of us are so far apart when there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation.

I'd be curious to see what happenes to your experience with the juice if you tried it in a tank. A while back I posted on why I did not think some flavors did well in drippers (the whole single flavor/complex flavor thing).

Ive posted about this before. not all juice taste great in a rm2. heavenly tobacco is a totally different juice in a reo than a kayfun.

I might be way off here but thought I should just throw this in there @RevnLucky7. Is it not different coil types with different wicking materials that could effect the flavour or your boutique liquids give off better flavour with the Kayfun design? No disrespect to the REO owners by the way :D

I am not sure why we experience differences but i think it has to do with so many factors

Dripper vs tank
Wicking material
Power (especially on complex juices which brings out different flavours at different powers)

Hah, blame the Reo! Just a correction - I picked up a musky note on Blackbird in an Aqua tank. Blackbird has not been elevated to Reo status yet - where you are correct - Blackbird really clogs up the coil and wick. As I mentioned somewhere, I did not pick up the musky in a subsequent tank - maybe my palate is getting used to it. Poison Elite, on the other hand, has moved from testing on the Aqua to Reo status. Same great taste, on 0.75 ohms (0.6 dual on the Aqua) to account for the single coil in the Reomizer2.

I've only worked on a ml or two so far... but i like it. It's soft, smooth with a citrus afternote that i get. Out of the bottle at first i get almost a chocolate scent but then it kind of turns into a mellow tobacco, not sweet smelling.. I've had this on the foggy Trident clone, single twisted 26ga coil at 0.5ohm.. But i know there is alot more to it, so i'll put my back into it and wing it!

Thanx Rev for doing all the effort to supply us with some truely unique juices.

I've only worked on a ml or two so far... but i like it. It's soft, smooth with a citrus afternote that i get. Out of the bottle at first i get almost a chocolate scent but then it kind of turns into a mellow tobacco, not sweet smelling.. I've had this on the foggy Trident clone, single twisted 26ga coil at 0.5ohm.. But i know there is alot more to it, so i'll put my back into it and wing it!

Thanx Rev for doing all the effort to supply us with some truely unique juices.

Very welcome mate!
@TylerD and @Andre is all over this stuff. I'm struggling with it however. I think it's too "refined" for my taste. Maybe being a Blackbird ***** doesn't help. :giggle:

Well as you know i got my 2nd bottle, but man, you better stock up on the 6mg there for me because at the end of the month there has to be at least onther one coming my way:) i'm with you on the Blackbird, i've wanted to try it in the Kayfun, but i'm afraid i'll spoil it, and i DO NOT WASTE Blackbird, that should be a sin, or at least a fine..

Back