The best way to buy online internationally

Bit sceptical ordering from over. Have bought stuff from china before shit got stuck at customs for a month. But its so cheap. Is it worth it?

Hey everyone,

I've seen that a lot of people buy stuff from overseas and either pay ridiculous amounts for shipping or wait months to maybe get your package if customs and the post office stars align.

I prefer to buy from our local vape shops instead of importing, but sometimes there are things you can't get locally (e.g. a Red or some obscure atomiser) but have your heart set on. I'd like to explain how I do it.

I use Aramex Global Shopper.
https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/en/about/how-ags-works
It has a once-off sign up fee, but a bit of Googling can get you a free sign up code.

You get an address in something good like 18 countries. Send your order there and they will ship it here for a fraction of the cost. (R274/kg from places like the US, UK, Germany, Hong Kong, etc). Also, because it's coming in with Aramex, they will sort out customs in record time and you can pay any duties when they deliver it to your door. It has full tracking from when it arrives at the address until you have it in your hand. I'm unsure what their policies are about batteries, but honestly I think it's better to get batteries locally.

It's not free shipping, but it's cheaper than the $60 options for DHL and you're pretty much guaranteed to get it, and quickly. Personally, I won't take a chance with something expensive or rare.

Lastly, as great as the prices and stuff is from these international stores, I urge you to buy locally from your neighbourhood vape store. The knowledge and service they provide is unmeasurable. They will also do their best to get you whatever you want if you ask nicely and are a little patient.
So your stuff gets shipped to say johannesburg etc. Would i then have to pay an extra cost to ship it down to port elizabeth?which is normally R100 via aeromax?

So your stuff gets shipped to say johannesburg etc. Would i then have to pay an extra cost to ship it down to port elizabeth?which is normally R100 via aeromax?

No it's all included in the cost to getting it to your destination. Just remember you cannot use the above method for Vape stuff anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And
No it's all included in the cost to getting it to your destination. Just remember you cannot use the above method for Vape stuff anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if I ask the supplier to Wright say "tools" on the parcel?

Coupon code "AGS100OFF" SAVES YOU 45USD REGISTRATION FEE.

Yeah, but sign up for other stuff. It comes in handy. I've used them for other stuff.

Oh my bad just came across this thread so I assumed it was.. the courier guys are really tightening up with this..

Back