The Crafters Code - Ramblings of a mixologist

BigB

Owner Vape Decadence
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Mixologist? Seriously, there is no formal training, no certificate, so I cannot really make a claim to being a mixologist. What I know is what I like and what I like is what I make. Simple? I think so...

The range is totally and utterly 75/25 VG/PG. I much prefer the thicker stuff although it's a bit tough on smaller coils where maybe a slightly thinner juice would shine. I like it though and enough of my store's customers like it too. I guess that makes me happy.

I also tried doing without the Acetoin thing. I bought the Custards, the Vanilla's, and some of the other ingredients and, although some of the flavours were reasonable, nothing really hit the spot where perhaps a really thick and buttery custard was actually required. As a result, I found what I thought to be each flavour's sweet spot. Often this has meant that a component of the recipe contained Acetoin. It's on my label, some juices have used concentrates that contain Acetoin.

I think the flavours are excellent. Most of all we are releasing a new flavour at Vapecon that I rate as my best yet. Come by the stand and try it! Tester on hand!

Apologies, I see that being a post in a vendors forum is not obvious, especially if you found the post under new posts.... I should indeed have mentioned the store. Pop past the stand and tell me you are Rude Rudie. I will give you a bottle to try.

Apologies, I see that being a post in a vendors forum is not obvious, especially if you found the post under new posts.... I should indeed have mentioned the store. Pop past the stand and tell me you are Rude Rudie. I will give you a bottle to try.
Note to self ... print extra Rude Rudie (not Rudi) name tag and score free bottle of juice! :p
I joke of course. You sound very enthusiastic about what you have created. Curiosity will have me popping over for a look!

And here I thought this was just the crazed ramblings of a mixologist just before midnight :-D
Now I will have to come and try this out!

Thanks @BigB - undersood!! Thanks for the offer, I'm there like a bear! If @TheV tries any funny business on Saturday, call the cops!!! LOL

Mixologist? Seriously, there is no formal training, no certificate, so I cannot really make a claim to being a mixologist.

Probably a bit OT but seeing as DIY and mixing are becoming mainstream activities now, is it time for the juice industry to start adopting some specific terms? Mixologist may appear suitable but dictionary.com defines it as:

noun, Usually Facetious.
1. a person skilled in making mixed drinks; bartender.

The "usually facetious" is key there, it's poking fun at bartenders who call themselves "mixologists" in the same way that fun would be poked at tea ladies who call themselves Beverage Managers.

I suppose "mixer" would suffice but then there is no difference between someone who creates recipes (commercial or DIY) and someone who only mixes other people's recipes as a DIYer. For me, the most logical distinctions would be:
Juice developer: commercial mixer because the product they are offering is juice
Recipe developer: DIY recipe creator like NotCharlesManson or skiddlz because the product they are offering is recipes
Mixer or DIYer: someone who just mixes other people's recipes

Or maybe:
Commercial mixer: commercial juices
Mixer: DIY recipe developer
DIYer: someone who only mixes other people's recipes

Back