The idiosyncrasy of the sweet spot

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I recently acquired a Grus, a brand new one out of the box, not the newest V2 but the older V1. It did not initially perform as I expected it to, yes from mod to mod you get a difference in W output but still this did not satisfy. It does have VV though and it must be there for a reason.

I have pit stopped my Dvarw clones to be in rotation with the Intakes and Arbiter for the RDL vape that I like. The first was the normal one with the Steam tuners tank. I coupled this with the OBS Engine mod and it works very very well. I used a single wire Cotton bacon comp wire 24 awg, 8 wraps gave me 0.61. @26 W this is giving great flavour and plenty cloud.

I now want to replicate this with the Grus and a DL FL clone. If I use the Steam tuner tank on the Grus under W mode it does not do the same as the Engine so now I need to wrap my head around using VV.

I used a staggered fused clapton wire with a mere 4 wraps to give me 0.24 and after break in started playing with the Volt setting. If I look at the Engine when I hit the fire button it shows me 3.9 odd volts. So that is where I start. Bluurg, too hot and tastes cooked so I dial it right down to 2.5 V. Ok this is better. I go up one at a time until I hit a mere 2.8 volts and this is the sweet spot comparable in flavour, heat and cloud with the 26W on the Engine

Steam engine tells me that @ 3.7 volts battery voltage and a 2.8 volt setting I am pushing 32.67 W and 11.67 amps.

In comparison the Engine gives me 26 W , 6.58 amps and a whopping 3.95 V

So two totally different set ups and power supply for the same result

So why am I posting this ? No idea, just seemed interesting to me and probably bored the pants of you, but hey the forum needs content

probably bored the pants of you
I stopped reading here: "I used a staggered fused clapton wire with a mere 4 wraps to give me"
And started again here: "So why am I posting this ?"
And thoroughly enjoyed what I read :)

I use simple round wire. I also get mixed feelings:D
I recently acquired a Grus, a brand new one out of the box, not the newest V2 but the older V1. It did not initially perform as I expected it to, yes from mod to mod you get a difference in W output but still this did not satisfy. It does have VV though and it must be there for a reason.

I have pit stopped my Dvarw clones to be in rotation with the Intakes and Arbiter for the RDL vape that I like. The first was the normal one with the Steam tuners tank. I coupled this with the OBS Engine mod and it works very very well. I used a single wire Cotton bacon comp wire 24 awg, 8 wraps gave me 0.61. @26 W this is giving great flavour and plenty cloud.

I now want to replicate this with the Grus and a DL FL clone. If I use the Steam tuner tank on the Grus under W mode it does not do the same as the Engine so now I need to wrap my head around using VV.

I used a staggered fused clapton wire with a mere 4 wraps to give me 0.24 and after break in started playing with the Volt setting. If I look at the Engine when I hit the fire button it shows me 3.9 odd volts. So that is where I start. Bluurg, too hot and tastes cooked so I dial it right down to 2.5 V. Ok this is better. I go up one at a time until I hit a mere 2.8 volts and this is the sweet spot comparable in flavour, heat and cloud with the 26W on the Engine

Steam engine tells me that @ 3.7 volts battery voltage and a 2.8 volt setting I am pushing 32.67 W and 11.67 amps.

In comparison the Engine gives me 26 W , 6.58 amps and a whopping 3.95 V

So two totally different set ups and power supply for the same result

So why am I posting this ? No idea, just seemed interesting to me and probably bored the pants of you, but hey the forum needs content

Back