The Majority Of The Vapor Samples Were Found To Have No Adverse Effects On Cardiac Cells,

Sharrivz

Im the real boss
Supporting Vendor
VIP
LV

Awards
A new study on electronic cigarettes was published today in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. Researchers from Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center in Greece and Abich Toxicological Laboratory in Italy, lead by principle investigator Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos evaluated the cytotoxic potential of 20 different e-cigarette liquids (in vapor form) on cultured cardiac cells. Importantly, vapor was produced by using a commercially available e-cigarette device. Moreover, the effects of vapor produced using a new-generation high voltage device was examined for the first time. For comparison, the effects of tobacco cigarette smoke were also evaluated. The results of the study showed that e-cigarette vapor was by far less cytotoxic than tobacco cigarette smoke, with most of the samples showing absolutely no adverse effects on the cells.

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/research/135-evaluation-of-the-cytotoxic

I just wish our Government will start taking these papers in account when making decisions on the future of e-cigarettes in South Africa

Hah, I read the full article. What is of interest is that nicotine, which up to now has been the main concern, showed no adverse effects, ranging from 6 to 24 mg/l. Neither did PG or VG. The problem with the 4 (out of 20) juices that showed reduced cell survival, was flavourings, but still 3 times less harmful than cigarette smoke.

I just wish our Government will start taking these papers in account when making decisions on the future of e-cigarettes in South Africa
Exactly!!!
Unfortunately it is a known fact that our government is more concerned over income than the good of the people.

Look at these.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/10/02/illegal-cigarettes-burn-up-r12-billion-in-taxes
Notice on the above article how the main focus of grey imported or knock-off cigarettes is the loss of tax...
To really put these figures into perspective, check out this article....
http://www.citypress.co.za/business/tobacco-the-r12-5bn-question/

If the government allows ecigs, they stand to lose masses of money.
The only time when we might have success, is if we have a government that listens to the people.

Keep up with the great health research posts Boss. Having had some heart misfires before albeit benign, I still get reassurance for "peace of mind" when I read them.
Makes me wonder that if cigarettes were banned totally, will the gov loose more to tax or gain more to health expenses.

Keep up with the great health research posts Boss. Having had some heart misfires before albeit benign, I still get reassurance for "peace of mind" when I read them.
Makes me wonder that if cigarettes were banned totally, will the gov loose more to tax or gain more to health expenses.
would be a loss of tax and the health care system would become more expensive due to longer living people ;) would also put a burden on pension funds, same reason.

thanks for the awesome information @Stroodlepuff , i have copied the link and used it as my facebook status - for all the haters :D

Back