The Tasnia Vape, Montana

PieterG

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I bought a MOD and two 18650 batteries online at tasniavape.co.za . The batteries I ordered were out of stock so I was given LG 3000mah batteries instead. The batteries are defective/fake though as they fail after only 50% drained. I’ve proven this to the seller by showing him the device works perfectly with other batteries of the same spec.

They are unwilling to refund me claiming “no refund, no guarantees on accessories”!!

DO NOT BUY BATTERIES FROM THIS SUPPLIER!

I would presume that the batteries they sold to you are HG HG2s. The originals of these are really good batteries which Mooch rates highly. I have used many in the past and they have worked out fine.

Mooch warns that these batteries are often faked. He says that "... There are LOTS of fakes of this cell though. Only buy from known, trusted vendors....".

It seems strange that they don't sell FG HG2 batteries on their website.

I am not in a position to provide legal advice but take a look at the following if, as I suspect, you bought the items online. :

"...
If you sell or buy goods online, there are some extra things to consider. Most importantly the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT Act) will apply to the transaction. The ECT Act has its own consumer protection provisions, some of which will trump the CPA. Specifically, the reasons (1)-(3) for returns listed above do not apply if the ECT Act’s provisions apply to the transaction. Instead of these rights of return, consumers have;

• a general right to return (a “cooling off period”);
  • for seven days after delivery;
  • for any reason;
  • without penalty; but
  • the consumer must pay the costs to return the goods."
I hope that one of the other forumites will be able to confirm this.

If I were you I wouldn't use these batteries. Just in case. :bomb:

Back