Tips/Tricks to create Alien Claptons and any other exotic wire

Good evening my fellow ecigssa forumites!

What started out, for me, as a means to quit smoking has now turned into a full blown lifestyle. I DIY all my own juice and so ago I figured why not make your own wire. First few builds were simple 26g\32g Claptons using my trusty Ryobi drill. Being a wired drill this was not the ideal setup but I was making my claptons with great success.
Next stop Fused Claptons, I really struggled with these as I didn't have a swivel and more often that not they came out more as Twisted Claptons than Fused Claptons.
Along comes Daedalus with their clapton making machine and @Vapers Corner with their awesome R850 deal. It didn't take much to convince me and I bought one.
Needless to say I ran out of wire very fast, all my spools were 30ft with the exception of 100ft spool of 34g ni80.

In a nut shell I wanted to create a thread where we can share our experience, pics and help each other with any issues we come across. All in the hope of saving others wasting precious wire. @R120 for 30ft we cold use all the savings we can muster.

Below is a pic of an Alien build I attempted earlier today. It was frustrating to say the least, everytime I would get going and slowly speed up, I 'd mess up the wire.
My guess is I didn't stretch out the clapton enough so when it reached those sections the wire humped up and doubled over itself. Hopefully someone here can share a few tips :D

View attachment 68037

Here are some pics of a Triple Core Fused Clapton I did today. This came out perfect and just needs a little straightening. I used a slide and a swivel to keep the wires parallel as I wrapped them.

View attachment 68038

View attachment 68039
View attachment 68040

Excuse the quality, I had to compress the pics as they were 6MB each.

So please any and all wire masters I invite you to share you wire builds and tips with us here.

I have gotten such great advise from the forumites here, I thought why not create a thread and ask :D
Go on YouTube and see the guy's Clapton jig made from a clothespin,cost probably a dime and makes perfect Clapton coils.Pure genius!

Go on YouTube and see the guy's Clapton jig made from a clothespin,cost probably a dime and makes perfect Clapton coils.Pure genius!

I saw that video, the guy does fused claptons using a peg too. It was too late for me as I had already bought the Daedalus by the time I saw the videos on YT.

Right now the Dedalus works great for doing simple and Fused Claptons. Getting an 3 core Alien right takes a lot more skill and patience. I'm still getting there slowly - I'd say out of a 10inch length of Alien about 5inches is usable. Thats a major step up from a few weeks ago where I'd make a 10inch length and none of it is usable or Instagramable (such a word exists?!?)

I saw that video, the guy does fused claptons using a peg too. It was too late for me as I had already bought the Daedalus by the time I saw the videos on YT.

Right now the Dedalus works great for doing simple and Fused Claptons. Getting an 3 core Alien right takes a lot more skill and patience. I'm still getting there slowly - I'd say out of a 10inch length of Alien about 5inches is usable. Thats a major step up from a few weeks ago where I'd make a 10inch length and none of it is usable or Instagramable (such a word exists?!?)
I 'm gonna try making one soon but if it fails I 'll buy one of the professional made models. I saw one at 3fvape for $14.00 I think it's called the Fundi but I couldn't find a video to see it work and I can't imagine how. It's pretty new I think.i

I see a lot of international builders using nylon tipped pliers. Anyone know of a local source of them?

Any luck on finding those nylon pliers yet?
Ive been trying to manually straighten my fused clapton wire and even tried wrapping my flatnose pliers with insulation tape to no avail as of yet.

Good evening my fellow ecigssa forumites!

What started out, for me, as a means to quit smoking has now turned into a full blown lifestyle. I DIY all my own juice and so ago I figured why not make your own wire. First few builds were simple 26g\32g Claptons using my trusty Ryobi drill. Being a wired drill this was not the ideal setup but I was making my claptons with great success.
Next stop Fused Claptons, I really struggled with these as I didn't have a swivel and more often that not they came out more as Twisted Claptons than Fused Claptons.
Along comes Daedalus with their clapton making machine and @Vapers Corner with their awesome R850 deal. It didn't take much to convince me and I bought one.
Needless to say I ran out of wire very fast, all my spools were 30ft with the exception of 100ft spool of 34g ni80.

In a nut shell I wanted to create a thread where we can share our experience, pics and help each other with any issues we come across. All in the hope of saving others wasting precious wire. @R120 for 30ft we cold use all the savings we can muster.

Below is a pic of an Alien build I attempted earlier today. It was frustrating to say the least, everytime I would get going and slowly speed up, I 'd mess up the wire.
My guess is I didn't stretch out the clapton enough so when it reached those sections the wire humped up and doubled over itself. Hopefully someone here can share a few tips :D

View attachment 68037

Here are some pics of a Triple Core Fused Clapton I did today. This came out perfect and just needs a little straightening. I used a slide and a swivel to keep the wires parallel as I wrapped them.

View attachment 68038

View attachment 68039
View attachment 68040

Excuse the quality, I had to compress the pics as they were 6MB each.

So please any and all wire masters I invite you to share you wire builds and tips with us here.

I have gotten such great advise from the forumites here, I thought why not create a thread and ask :D
Awesome post man. This is a serious addiction ive got myself into. A friend and I have been going way into the early hours of the morning trying different wire combos and perfecting our two man setup.

Back