Titanium Fiber Cotton

Never underestimate the importance of Wick & Wire or Coils and Cotton as I like to call them!
Coils&Cotton2.jpg Coils&Cotton4.jpg

@Rob Fisher perhaps you have some advise for me on TFC.

Been having some issues with the TFC cotton burning through in the center, when I pit stop and go to the pull the cotton it comes out split cleanly off in the middle.

It does not look burnt, it just separated clean down the middle.

I’m using it on 3mm coils so split a fresh piece of cotton in half and use a half to wick the coil. Not to tight and not to lose. Vaping a 30w to 40w

Cotton split on several different RTA and RDA, so I ruled out the coils/hot spots.

Been having some issues with the TFC cotton burning through in the center, when I pit stop and go to the pull the cotton it comes out split cleanly off in the middle.

I’m using it on 3mm coils so split a fresh piece of cotton in half and use a half to wick the coil. Not to tight and not to lose. Vaping a 30w to 40w

Cotton split on several different RTA and RDA, so I ruled out the coil/hot spots.

Not sure what the issue could be... I love TFC and haven't had any issues with it. But I like the TFC TIGHT through the coil and then fluffed out a bit for the tails. What device are you using and what wattage?

It’s just a strange occurrence, nothing wrong with the cotton, hands down the best I have used thus far.

I vape between 30w to 40w on single coil RTA’s and RDA’s and as low as 17w on a 2.5mm Coil on a Dwarv MTL

Does not happen often, more if I don’t re-wick once a week. With TFC it can easily go 2 weeks if using the same juice.

Maybe that’s the problem of cotton fatigue after more than a week. Juice boiling the cotton at the center of the coil eventually degrades the cotton were it splits when pulling on it.

It’s just a strange occurrence, nothing wrong with the cotton, hands down the best I have used thus far.

I vape between 30w to 40w on single coil RTA’s and RDA’s and as low as 17w on a 2.5mm Coil on a Dwarv MTL

Does not happen often, more if I don’t re-wick once a week. With TFC it can easily go 2 weeks if using the same juice.

Maybe that’s the problem of cotton fatigue after more than a week. Juice boiling the cotton at the center of the coil eventually degrades the cotton were it splits when pulling on it.

Ahhhh a wick lasting a week and sometimes two! :eek:

I rewick every day or every second day at a push. So a little bit of burning after a week makes sense.

Guess you’re right Rob, User error it is then.

Although TFC doesn’t loose flavour or performance after a few days like so many other brands which to me is what makes it such a good cotton.

Cotton split on several different RTA and RDA, so I ruled out the coils/hot spots.

Happens to me to on occasion, bit of a conundrum probably chain vaping like a mad person and not fluffing the ends enough but i dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use TFC thanks to uncle @Rob Fisher and I love it! I never gave this issue and I Vape on my mechs, tube mechs, noisy crickets even my broadside stacked mod... BUT my wife Vapes using either my squid industries or Armour pro kit at between 35-50watts on .2ohm builds and she ALWAYS needs a rewick after 3-4 days and when I do rewick for her, the cotton is ALWAYS split! It drives me mad! I have no idea why or what is causing it.

Nonetheless I love this cotton and will continue to use it.

I have found the split of TFC (or any other cotton) happens more often when you vape at "high" watts when there is not sufficient airflow to cool down the coil(s). Either turn down the power, or open the airflow more. It worked for me.

Happened with me a couple of times with CB2. My findings were that I was pulling too hard on the tails causing the wick to split.

Sent from aPhone

Back