Unique opportunity to help design a new RTA

"The VicTor" does indeed sound like a great name for an RTA!

Thanks for all the input so far guys.

So, what we have so far:

-Top airflow MTL device (I would like a dedicated MTL device instead of an all in one device)
-Some magic happening in the chimney, perhaps if we want to get wild, a swappable chimney between square and round?
-Airflow that actually works. Getting the COG system to work is a no go, by design, there will always be more air leaks than I care for. Best solution is likely like found in the revolver, otherwise swappable pins under the coil
-It will have a Kayfun type deck as I find coil placement on these the easiest and so will, hopefully, others
-Juice flow control? Maybe?
-Slide to fill cap

That's it for now

Wow MTL has really taken over in a big way, I switch between MTL, DL & RDL but 70% of that is MTL vaping as you can vape almost anywhere with it and usually has a smaller form factor for ease of carry, above all else the most important factor is flavour... We have resident MTLiens in this forum @Silver and @Grand Guru... Anything you gents would suggest?

For me a MTL tank with a .5mm bigger distance between posts will be awesome, if it has a deck like the Ether, expro or intake. Top filling but not sliding , screw top, as MTL tanks are mostly "pocket" tanks that you sneak around with during working hours. Top airflow helps to prevent leaks in the pocket. Grub screws on deck and they should not be plated, it always flakes off. And finally it must have clicky airflow adjustment, it will give it more chootch factor.

For me a MTL tank with a .5mm bigger distance between posts will be awesome, if it has a deck like the Ether, expro or intake. Top filling but not sliding , screw top, as MTL tanks are mostly "pocket" tanks that you sneak around with during working hours. Top airflow helps to prevent leaks in the pocket. Grub screws on deck and they should not be plated, it always flakes off. And finally it must have clicky airflow adjustment, it will give it more chootch factor.
Neither sliding or screw top for me, quarter turn bayonet fitting rules!!!

I do have one unique idea for a MTL RTA to do with airflow which is definitely unique and i believe will work great, but unfortunately that's my ticket to "loads of money lol" when i find a manufacturer i can trust instead of the usual we are not interested after asking me to share an idea only to amazingly come out with something almost identical 6 months later!

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, if you separate the build deck from the airflow with a chimney to control the airflow why not angle the honeycomb so that when you pull the air through you create a small vortex. Theoretically the vortex should pull any spitting from the coil to the sides of the tank back onto the cotton. In addition you could then introduce a rifle barrel to the chimney to re-enforce this effect. You could then angle the honeycomb at 45 degrees to coil so that the airflow will pass directly over the coil to maintain unobstructed airflow from the cotton.

Just my 2 cents, if you separate the build deck from the airflow with a chimney to control the airflow why not angle the honeycomb so that when you pull the air through you create a small vortex. Theoretically the vortex should pull any spitting from the coil to the sides of the tank back onto the cotton. In addition you could then introduce a rifle barrel to the chimney to re-enforce this effect. You could then angle the honeycomb at 45 degrees to coil so that the airflow will pass directly over the coil to maintain unobstructed airflow from the cotton.
Very clever stuff but unless i misunderstand wouldn't that be top airflow that tends to kill flavour?

I don't believe rifling would add anything other than gimmick value, however tapering the chimney towards the outlet would have a benefit, this dimensioning is dependent on temperature drop as the vape rises, (as volume decreases with temperature), also; on the testing I've been doing, placing an oval air intake directly underneath the centre of the coil(s) is without question better than any honeycomb and or side air augmentation, which rather serves to dilute the vape concentration, and finally; keep the "combustion chamber", (for want of a better name), as small as practically possible wrt area.

Back