VandyVape Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA from VandyVape. The Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ariel from VandyVape.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/at...i-mtl-rta/

Introduction

You don't have to wait for long when a discussion is being had about the best MTL RTA's before The Berserker is mentioned and not long ago we had the slight upgrade of the Berserker MTL RTA which is almost an in-between the Berserker and my favourite the Berserker Mini. Now we see the V1.5 of the Berserker Mini MTL RTA which is identical to the bigger version just with a smaller diameter. Nothing has really been changed enough to lose the great flavour the Berserkers give with these upgrades but does the slight tweek make the upgrade even better? It did in my opinion with the Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA so what about the Mini version? I give my opinion! The Berserker V1.5 Mini is again a collaboration between VandyVape and Alex from Vapers MD.

In The Box

Contents:
  • 1 x VandyVape BSKR V1.5 Mini MTL RTA (2ml Glass)
  • 1 x Accessory Bag
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Metal Tube 2.5ml
  • 1 x Extra Drip tip
  • 1 x Delein Drip tip Top Section
  • 2 x Coils

Aesthetics

The Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA came in the cardboard packaging that VandyVape samples usually come in. I received the Matte Black version and although i usually wouldn't by choice go for Black it looks great, it's also available in Rainbow, Stainless Steel and Gun Metal. The Berserker came pre-installed with a tall 510 with 3 heat fins spaced out up to an Ultem tip that can be unscrewed from the very top of the drip tip, the polished ultem looks very nice on top of the all Black tank. The top-cap has one mini step and the main section has slight vertical texturing in the form of teardrops. The airflow control ring has the same textured design and then an horizontal teardrop cutout for airflow adjustment. The small Black domed chamber can be seen through the glass but you can change for the Black metal tube that has the Berserker logo etched into the metal. Finally the base has etched branding and safety stamps, the 510 protrudes and is Gold plated. The build quality is exceptional, VandyVape have done a top job.

Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 22mm
Length: 33.8mm
Glass Tube: 2ml
Metal Tube: 2.5ml
Innovative 22mm version
Easy to fill top cap design
Slot airflow & convenient airflow ring
Improved liquid flow, easy to build
Real & unique MTL experience
Two appearances with two drip tips
Detachable structure for easy cleaning
Adjustable air slot sizes 1.0 / 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 mm
Dual post single coil
Gold-plated 510 pin
Colour: Matte Black, SS, Rainbow, Gun Metal

The Various Parts

The V1.5 comes with a pre-installed delrin 510 which has 3 heat sink fins that travel all the way up to a small ultem topper which can be unscrewed from the drip tip and replaced with an included delrin one. You also receive an all in one delrin 510 drip tip if you prefer a more standard MTL drip tip. We then have the top cap which see's the biggest difference between the Mini and larger version. With the Berserker MTL RTA it was a bit of an effort to remove the top cap as it tightened up during use and long threading made filling a bit time consuming. The Mini see's a protruding section on the underneath of the top-cap with short threading, a quarter turn and it's off, when securing back into place again it's just a quarter turn and the top-cap is secure. Once off a Silver plate is revealed with 2 generous kidney shaped fill ports so no issues with filling, finally attached to the juice port ring is the chamber. The Chamber screws onto the deck which is what keeps the tank all together, the glass tube seals top and bottom with o-rings and can be swapped for the metal tube (metal tube is the same colour as the tank). Using the metal tube adds 0.5ml capacity taking it to 2.5ml as well as giving it an all metal look but then your juice level becomes guesswork.

The Airflow

The airflow control ring has an horizontal teardrop just one side which can be lined up with various size holes with the narrowing of the teardrop allowing to reduce your chosen airflow hole even further. The hole sizes are 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm and 1.8mm so with that teardrop you can adjust to get a super tight draw if that's what you prefer. The airflow really only differs from the past berserkers as it enters the deck, the deck outlet is a small pill shape giving better coverage rather than the previous round outlet. Because airflow has a lot to do with flavour this is a good section of the review to mention the inside of the chamber is very domed and small, so a very reduced chamber, all the ingredients to encourage good flavour.

The Deck and Build

Although the Berserker Mini V1.5 has a tiny deck it is kept simple so the build is very easy. There are 2 shallow posts (one either side of the deck) which are opened top. We have flat head screws with large heads (philip head screws are also included) that fasten down from the top covering the whole open top area so simply loosen the screws and your legs go underneath the screw head, when you tighten the screws the heads act as clamps fixing your legs in position. If you hold the coil steady centrally between the posts as you fasten the screws you just then need to use a coiling rod or similar item to manipulate the coil into the perfect position which i believe is about 2mm above the airflow outlet. After snipping your excess wire legs you just need to wick which again is very straight forward, simply fluff your ends and place in the top of the juice ports, just don't push all the way down and suffocate the flow.

My Experience Using The Berserker V1.5 Mini RTA

The V1.5 Mini performs as expected pretty much identical to the larger version with the same range of draws possible. When it comes to flavour like the larger V1.5 Berserker it shades the original Berserker with the original Berserker Mini in my opinion still having just slightly better flavour. Where both V1.5's shine is the silky smooth airflow and how quiet the tank is, it's virtually silent. I used one of the included coils which are Ni80 30ga*2+38ga 6 wraps 0.7ohm, my build came out at 0.66ohm and i vaped at 20W with quite an airy draw but when trying different airflow options i can confirm you can get a super tight draw if you prefer. The only cons i had for the Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA was how tight the top-cap got and the threading was long making filling a bit time consuming, this has been addressed on the Mini, a cracking MTL RTA!

Exceptional build quality
Aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion)
Very easy build and wick
Good Drip tip options
Heat sink fins no heat on lips
Good colour choices
Metal tube option
2 coils included
Very good flavour
Good range of MTL draws including super tight
Silky smooth airflow
Very quiet
Had no leaking issues

I would once again like to thank Ariel from Vandy Vape for supplying the Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/at...i-mtl-rta/

Thanks for the review @Timwis

I like the sounds of this tank because I like tight MTL draws and a small chamber. Sounds very good.

Another awesome review @Timwis.

If you have onsite on this, how would you compare this Berserker Mini with say the new Kayfun Lite?

The deck and even airflow sizes is exactly what one has with the KF Lite but at a fraction of the price.

Plus the Beserker has that super sexy SS Finned Drip Tip, I would buy it for that Drip Tip alone.

Another awesome review @Timwis.

If you have onsite on this, how would you compare this Berserker Mini with say the new Kayfun Lite?

The deck and even airflow sizes is exactly what one has with the KF Lite but at a fraction of the price.

Plus the Beserker has that super sexy SS Finned Drip Tip, I would buy it for that Drip Tip alone.
I have not used the Kayfun Lite so really can't be of help.

I really rated the Berserker V1.5 and only cons i had for it was the top-cap tightened up during use and had long threading making filling a bit time consuming. The Berserker V1.5 Mini is exactly the same tank just slightly smaller with the only difference being the top cap issue has been sorted out so all of a sudden finding other cons would be inconsistent. But to be super petty no cotton is included. Remember all reviews are the reviewers opinion and personally i have found all the versions of the Berserker give very good flavour and cover all the MTL draws but the V1.5's have even smoother airflow. I have no idea what FOMO stands for?

I really rated the Berserker V1.5 and only cons i had for it was the top-cap tightened up during use and had long threading making filling a bit time consuming. The Berserker V1.5 Mini is exactly the same tank just slightly smaller with the only difference being the top cap issue has been sorted out so all of a sudden finding other cons would be inconsistent. But to be super petty no cotton is included. Remember all reviews are the reviewers opinion and personally i have found all the versions of the Berserker give very good flavour and cover all the MTL draws but the V1.5's have even smoother airflow. I have no idea what FOMO stands for?

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out
as in the person sees something that they feel they would like and should have rather than miss out on the experience

Hey there @Timwis I there any chance at all that you'd be prepared to sell this to me? I am desperate to get it.

I realised after I posted. Thanks :)
To be honest i am a collector but do sometimes get doubles because occasionally i get sent two and sometimes a vendor or manufacturer sends a product without checking which i have already reviewed, when that happens it goes in my free to good home drawer as since i didn't pay for the item i believe it would be quite disgusting for me then to take money!

Thank you for the review, it has really helped me decide what tank I need for my dad

Hi there. Can you use normal ejuice in the Berserker RTA as well?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back