Vape creation or kidney puncher wire?

This is one of the reasons why I don't do TC
I also thought it's just a way to bull* us into thinking the mod is better than the rest ,but TC works a charm. You can take MTL wire and vape DL without scorching the cotton,if set upt correctly.

I think that finding the holy grail of vaping, be that wire or tanks or mods or or or is about as likely as them finding the holy grail on Oak Island.

I think that finding the holy grail of vaping, be that wire or tanks or mods or or or is about as likely as them finding the holy grail on Oak Island.

I agree that it is almost impossible to find the vaping holy grail for everyone.

I do however think that it is pretty easy for an experienced vaper to find something close to the holy grail for him/her self.

If I was told that I could only use one setup it would be easy to find something to satisfy me.

I would go for an 18650 dual battery mod. I would be happy with any of about ten or so of the mods that are currently or recently available. If I could only have one atty I would go with anything that a Fireluke mesh coil could accommodate. If I could include an RTA it would be the Tauren Beest (dual coil). This would use any clapton/fused clappy/ alien / even round wire. I could happily survive with any or all of the coils. When it comes to cotton I would be happy with any of the popular types.

I do like all forms of vaping including dripping/squonking, single-coil, mech, etc. I could happily do without pods.

Have to agree old grumpy one. When I was MTL I was happy for years with a Pico and a Twisp Vega tank. Now I reach for a single battery tube and a Dvarw clone and this more than satisfies my NEED. Chasing the holy grail with DIY juice and atties and making coils is a WANT.

Like you said, a generation of smokers have become hobbyists and the vaping industry has become a major player. My first grandson was born yesterday, I want him one day to ask about smoking and tobacco, hoping that vaping will be his only option if he goes down that road.

I agree that it is almost impossible to find the vaping holy grail for everyone.

I do however think that it is pretty easy for an experienced vaper to find something close to the holy grail for him/her self.

If I was told that I could only use one setup it would be easy to find something to satisfy me.

I would go for an 18650 dual battery mod. I would be happy with any of about ten or so of the mods that are currently or recently available. If I could only have one atty I would go with anything that a Fireluke mesh coil could accommodate. If I could include an RTA it would be the Tauren Beest (dual coil). This would use any clapton/fused clappy/ alien / even round wire. I could happily survive with any or all of the coils. When it comes to cotton I would be happy with any of the popular types.

I do like all forms of vaping including dripping/squonking, single-coil, mech, etc. I could happily do without pods.
I was going to agree, but I can't live without pods. If I forget it at home I'm having a bad day.

Have to agree old grumpy one. When I was MTL I was happy for years with a Pico and a Twisp Vega tank. Now I reach for a single battery tube and a Dvarw clone and this more than satisfies my NEED. Chasing the holy grail with DIY juice and atties and making coils is a WANT.

Like you said, a generation of smokers have become hobbyists and the vaping industry has become a major player. My first grandson was born yesterday, I want him one day to ask about smoking and tobacco, hoping that vaping will be his only option if he goes down that road.
Congrats oupa!

Congratulations Grandpa @Stranger

tenor.gif

Ive Built with both KP and VC wire, if you're in need of waste wire for learning to build best to use VC.

The VC wire lose flavour in a day or so and sometimes they taste and fire like its scorching the cotton or the metal taste of a coil that has little juice retention.

I found that when i use VC wire as the core or the wrapped wire with KP that too has muted flavours and the colour of the wires looks dull, almost rusted or worn out.

KP only builds are decent and they last in flavour and longevity.

KP 36 and 38 Guage currently going for around R900 for 1000ft at Juicy Joe's and VC 36 and 38 is a bang for your buck R290 from Vaperite.

I give most of the coils to friends, so ive tried various combinations and builds and get basically the same feedback from all of them.

My advice.- stick with kidney puncher for best results. :)

I just realised that I never followed up on this thread ... Sowwie :oops:

As best as I can remember the test results ...

The short answer is that it's all about surface area against the wick, so porous wire fares better than smooth untarnished wire, and it follows that so called "fancy coils" would, (and do), produce more vapour, however at a price ... they require more power to drive them, (as does thicker wire or more wraps), and they take longer to get up to the required temperature, (as well as retaining more heat). There were way too many variables and my boredom got the better of me, suffice to say, (and a lot of people aren't going to like this comment), that if you are prepared to play around with turns ratios and wire gauges, and find the optimum heat output for your attys chamber, and your draw, then there should be no difference between a coil made from plain wire coil and a so called fancy one, however I can safely state that a spaced coil outperforms a contact coil of the same dimensions and specification, on physical vape production.
It also follows that your old coils would probably work better than new ones if you gave them a bath in warmed acetic acid to get rid of the oxide and baked on gunge.

I also need to correct my earlier comments made on Nickel ... Ni oxidises and reduces to a poison at 400 degrees C, (that's the pretty aquamarine / greenish colour that your Ni / Ni80 coils turn after glowing them!), so you don't want to be glowing them red ever!

I got nockers website from here Teressa Macmaster referd me to a Collin who would send me a quote for a roll instead of each 26gauge nich80
36gauge nich80
Rather then the 3 something minimum kg
Because I cant find any online when he offerd a quote a I told him please still waiting for the quote tho

Way too much if your not a bussines

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_161628_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_161628_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
Its conducting wire hes unsure if we can use it sayd theres some flakes on the surface

I sayd thats too much wire for me to handle he wanted R70.40c per meter

Its around 30 bucks for twelve meter thats pritty cheap kidney puncher is 33 bucks per meter is my ruff estimate

Wow that's alot of money look at juicy joes for wire spools I haven't bought wire in awhile from them
They are mostly out of stock on everything and they are not getting new stock in. Once it is all sold out, that's it. No more KP wire us.

Mabay I should buy a sample but what steps should I take to test his wire

3 kg wire is a lot I would have to have some plan to afford that much wire. Im gonna test chinese wire called nk wire from china against kidney puncher wire if I can get my hands on kidney puncher wire

3 kg wire is a lot I would have to have some plan to afford that much wire. Im gonna test chinese wire called nk wire from china against kidney puncher wire if I can get my hands on kidney puncher wire
Juicy Joe's still has a bit in stock. You might not get the thickness you want though.
I mostly use 26AWG, 36AWG and 0.4mm ribbon wire.

I have my eye on wire at juicy joes will get it tommorow and order at aliexpress aswel tommorow where stock isnt an isseu if it holds up against kidney puncher they will be my main source .Looks like local vape shops arent intressted in carrying stock

As for Vape Creations wire, I haven't personally tried it myself, but I've found that sometimes going for the cheaper option doesn't always mean sacrificing quality. It could be worth giving it a shot, especially if the prices are good.

Back