VIK Cotton - Pictures and first impressions

CJB85

Enthusiastically Clueless
LV

Awards
Okay everyone, we recently took a leap of faith in doing a group buy of some innovative cotton from Thailand. First success is that the package actually arrived in SA and that some members have already received their parcels. Next step is to see if the cotton is any good.

Please post some pictures and impressions as you wick up your attys with this hopefully good, new cotton.

@Rob Fisher
@Andre
@SmokeyJoe
@MrGSmokeFree
@X-Calibre786
@Faiyaz Cheulkar
@M.Adhir
@Dimi
@Cornelius
@Room Fogger
@JB1987
@Vaporator00
@oSuSkIo
@antonherbst
@Puff the Magic Dragon
@NaZa05
@zadiac
@The Steve
@Ash.dbn
@Jos
@Humbolt
@ARYANTO
@Geldart39
@Hakhan

As soon as I get the cotton I’ll do a rewick,post some picks and give some feedback.

Okay everyone, we recently took a leap of faith in doing a group buy of some innovative cotton from Thailand. First success is that the package actually arrived in SA and that some members have already received their parcels. Next step is to see if the cotton is any good.

Please post some pictures and impressions as you wick up your attys with this hopefully good, new cotton.

@Rob Fisher
@Andre
@SmokeyJoe
@MrGSmokeFree
@X-Calibre786
@Faiyaz Cheulkar
@M.Adhir
@Dimi
@Cornelius
@Room Fogger
@JB1987
@Vaporator00
@oSuSkIo
@antonherbst
@Puff the Magic Dragon
@NaZa05
@zadiac
@The Steve
@Ash.dbn
@Jos
@Humbolt
@ARYANTO
@Geldart39
@Hakhan

I plan on doing a side by side (same coil same juice but different cotton brands).
Thats the one plus side to having many of the same atty sometimes.

I plan on doing a side by side (same coil same juice but different cotton brands).
Thats the one plus side to having many of the same atty sometimes.

I’ll do the same when my second reload arrives tomorrow

Congrats on a great group buy @CJB85
It appeared that you did it excellently!

Am looking forward to watching this thread unfold as you guys experience this new wick

Am keen to hear about two things. First the convenience of the way it’s packaged and second the flavour. Exciting to see.

Right so... off the bat...
When it's wrapped in paper it's thinner than a matchstick. I was doubtful and thought it's too small. Once the papers off it immediately springs up and expands, snug fit in a 3mm coil. Just a simple trim, fluff, and we're good to wet the wicks. Very absorbent, very clean white cotton.

The scissors are a tad bit small (ok, I admit, really small- but they are pretty sharp and will do well as a travel vape bag carry).

And how does it vape ?
I've run about 10ml of juice in it so far - I've gotten no cotton taste from the first puff. It's a yes from me, for a desserty profile at least. Will try it out with fruit next.

PSX_20190729_190129.jpg PSX_20190729_190111.jpg PSX_20190729_190052.jpg PSX_20190729_190030.jpg PSX_20190729_190253.jpg PSX_20190729_190236.jpg PSX_20190729_190215.jpg

Last edited:
My experience is the same as yours @M.Adhir . I thought the cotton might be too short but it's almost exactly the right length for the Rebirth RTA, just a fluff and slight trim needed. I do get a hint of cotton taste in the first half tank but I use normal Muji cotton pads so it doesn't bother me as I'm used to it. I agree with the scissors, tiny in my big hands but useful for travel, although I'll use my normal scissors at home. The case will be travelling in my work bag.

If I had to give some constructive feedback, it might be better if the cotton is not wrapped so tight in the paper.

Congrats @CJB85 at pulling of a GB on the forum, plus you had huge list of people participate and everything has gone smoothly.

Enjoy the new cotton peeps, it’s a very cool concept and the little carry cases are excellent.

Now if they would just make the carry case 5mm higher. Include another drawer with a mini tweezer and maybe a star and flat and hex mini screwdriver...

My biggest concern was that the wick would not be long enough for my Vapefly Galaxies BF MTL RDTA. It is long enough. Perfect fit, no trimming required. Taste is great - very little initial cotton taste. I want more! The case is going to be very handy. I like that the drawers click properly closed.

oslHXt9.jpg

Kb6KPsg.jpg

WtNkgft.jpg

TMjYjHA.jpg

NRcPm8Z.jpg

cAXlWjX.jpg

My biggest concern was that the wick would not be long enough for my Vapefly Galaxies BF MTL RDTA. It is long enough. Perfect fit, no trimming required. Taste is great - very little initial cotton taste. I want more! The case is going to be very handy. I like that the drawers click properly closed.

oslHXt9.jpg

Kb6KPsg.jpg

WtNkgft.jpg

TMjYjHA.jpg

NRcPm8Z.jpg

cAXlWjX.jpg
Very cool!
Now if I can only locate my cotton, I will give it a bash too!

Now im disappointed that i didnt partake in this! Sign me up on the next order!

Hey all,

Im thinking of doing a group buy for this now too :p

I have been in contact with them and if I take 50 packs I can get it for 5$ per pack.

Should I make a group buy???

I'll take a couple more if you are doing the buy. And one or two other people i know may want one or two as well.
Move this to the group buy section maybe?

Thanks for the feedback

@Andre - is it easy to take off the paper covering the wick once installed? What happens to the covering that is situated under the coil?

Thanks for the feedback

@Andre - is it easy to take off the paper covering the wick once installed? What happens to the covering that is situated under the coil?
As easy as pie. You just twist the paper a bit to break the perforation in the middle. Then you pull out the 2 short straws of paper. No paper left under the coil. Very soon all wicks will be made this way!

Pity that it will not work for my profile rda, 3mm is a little small, love the concept though :clap2:

Thanks guys. This sounds really good
And I am a big fan of the 2.5mm ID for many devices so this should work nicely

Congrats on a great group buy @CJB85
It appeared that you did it excellently!

Am looking forward to watching this thread unfold as you guys experience this new wick

Am keen to hear about two things. First the convenience of the way it’s packaged and second the flavour. Exciting to see.

I'll take a couple more if you are doing the buy. And one or two other people i know may want one or two as well.
Move this to the group buy section maybe?
Please count me in as well on the next GB.

Ok, just received the cotton. thanks again @CJB85

This cotton is very compressed (for the 3mm strands, it is 4cm long and just under 3mm thick), if you use MTL fine wire coils, they will not deform like when you use other cottons.
Fits into the 3mm coils with ease but you have to wiggle it around after the paper is removed so it can puff up again.
Paper removes easily with a twist to break the perforation and then just pull them off the cotton.
The cotton itself seems to be something like Muji cotton
Easy to use and the fibers are all straight so wicking is awesome. 2 tanks of use and not one dry hit.
I expected some cotton taste for the first few puffs but none at all so thats a plus.

As it is something like Muji cotton, it will be good for dessert profiles, and it is. I still need to try some fruity profiles.

Will definitely buy this VIK cotton again.

Tanks used, Reload & Petri

Here are some wicking pics.
01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg

Last edited:
Back