Volunteers needed for vaping study! - Johannesburg

Your thoughts on a study like this?

• I don't think this will work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Howsit Guys

Just had a nice chat with @Silver about the study and thought I would provide you all with a bit more info. I got a tad too excited with the initial post and left out a few key points:

• The man with the plan is Prof Guy Richards, he will be running the study, I'm just assisting where I can.
  • This will be a comparison of the inflammatory reaction associated with vaping VS a cigarette study done 24 years ago.
  • Personally, I have no financial or academic 'interest' in the study, I am merely curious and passionate about vaping! I know the Prof quite well and he asked me to assist in getting volunteers - probably after seeing me blow massive clouds.
  • Wits University will be funding the study.
  • The reason behind the study is for the pulmonology community to better understand the potential benefits/dangers of vaping so that healthcare practitioners can improve their treatment and advice given to smokers and vapers. Hopefully advising their patients to stay away from stinkies, and to try vaping.

This is merely a pilot study to see if there is any indication of benefit or harm, afterward if it looks promising the study will be expanded to include more volunteers. I will speak to the prof and make sure we share the results of the study on the forum as they become available.

Very excited at the prospect of a South African study potentially changing the population's view on vaping!

Feel free to pop me a message if you have any other questions.

Chris

This post just made my day!

Great to see a renowned establishment like Wits is taking the interest.

Very exciting times!

Back