: Preferably prior to 1980 but not a requirement

Location of item
: I'll pay shipping

Delivery/Collection
: Can collect in CPT or ship to me.

Reason
: I want them.

Please No Replica Items.

My Dog Tags, Pro Patria Medal for border service, Marksman Badge and some original 2x4 cloth.
Army 1.jpg

Webbing belt from when I was thin, Sergeant armband and my beret badge.
Army 3.jpg

Those are some seriously cool pieces Rob. I do collect yes. Had the unfortunate experience of losing everything to a robbery a few years ago and I'm looking to reboot my collection. The condition of your memorabilia is stunning. I'm sure that would fetch a pretty penny with an avid collector.

Those are some seriously cool pieces Rob. I do collect yes. Had the unfortunate experience of losing everything to a robbery a few years ago and I'm looking to reboot my collection. The condition of your memorabilia is stunning. I'm sure that would fetch a pretty penny with an avid collector.

You can have them @Chickenstrip! Just glad they will see the light of day again! Send me a PM with your full name, address, postal code and cell number and I'll send them to you.

All that stuff did time in Ovamboland apart from the whistle rope. 1974-79... 5 different periods!
Oshakati, Ondongwa, Nkongo and Grootfontein!
Simplified_map_of_the_front_line_sectors_of_South_West_Africa.jpg

You are too good a man. If ever you would like them back, they'll always be your property. It's absolutely incredible to have a genuine backstory for old war mem. Just blown away. I really can't thank you enough!

I have to ask. How many people got stuck with the pointy end of that R1 bayo? :p

On that note,Uncle Rob you dont perhaps have a bayonet for a AK?:-D

I had a pristine AK47 still in its wax wrap... In Operation Protea tons and tons of stuff was driven back over the border and I got a never been touched AK47 which stayed with me for a few months but when it was time to jump on the Flossie to fly home I chickened out and left it behind!
AK47.jpg

I had a pristine AK47 still in its wax wrap... In Operation Protea tons and tons of stuff was driven back over the border and I got a never been touched AK47 which stayed with me for a few months but when it was time to jump on the Flossie to fly home I chickened out and left it behind!
View attachment 222238

If the feds ask, Gotcha ;-)

I missed a pic... it's an even older stainless steel mirror in a leather case that my Dad was issued when he was in the Territorials in Rhodesia back in the 50's or 60's. And then my knife, fork and spoon I was issued with.
IMG_5865.JPG

I missed a pic... it's an even older stainless steel mirror in a leather case that my Dad was issued when he was in the Territorials in Rhodesia back in the 50's or 60's. And then my knife, fork and spoon I was issued with.
View attachment 222240

Those are super cool! How was army food back then? These days the poor buggers in the SANDF eat really poor looking MRE's. At least from what I've watched and read online.

I've been hunting for a decent mess kit. But I'd like to use it for eating not display :p

Those are super cool! How was army food back then? These days the poor buggers in the SANDF eat really poor looking MRE's. At least from what I've watched and read online.

I've been hunting for a decent mess kit. But I'd like to use it for eating not display :p

The food wasn't too bad and I'm a very fussy eater... the food on the border on my first 6-month stint in Ovaboland wasn't great because we were at a very small camp... just a platoon of cavalry and a platoon of infantry and we only got fresh rations once every 10 days. So we often used to have to cut the mould off the bread. The "Dog Biscuits" from the rat packs saved my life...

Rob! My apologies for not getting back to you. Been inundated with work this week. I received the package and in perfect nic!

I can't even begin to thank you. I've polished up all the items already and set them into the display cabinet. Care for a whistle rope which is now my key lanyard.

Thank you so much for your generous gift! I need to pick up an R1 now :p

@Rob Fisher

Back