!WARNING! Fake Cotton Bacon V2 in Cape Town

Anneries

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys,

On a whatsapp group I am a member of, they have recently found fake Cotton bacon from a vendor in Cape Town. So please just check the packaging before making a purchase, especially with authentic CB's price that is becoming very reasonable.

@Gert_Koen have confirmed it with Wick n Vape that it is actually fake BCv2.

Things to look out for is the printing on the packaging. It is a dead give a way. Then it also doesn't hold its form and doesnt split as the orignial does.

See picture below for markings on the clone.
cbv2comparison.jpg
In the picture below you can clearly see the red marks on the clone/fake Cotton Bacon v2 that the member bought.

cbv2comparison2.jpg

Last edited:
So the brighter the red then fake?
My CB.

20170602_131458.jpg

Think Craig also mentioned it shouldnt say made in china on the back but i stand to be corrected

Think Craig also mentioned it shouldnt say made in china on the back but i stand to be corrected
Well my colours are clearly off and the logo used "By wick and vape" is different. Bought from the same place though in JHB. Mine say made in the USA at the back.

On closer inspection the logo is just a print offset. Also the colours are very nearly identical so I think Im good.

Yip apparently quite a bit of this around. The Made in China is only a sticker that is stuck onto the back of the pack.

Thanks for the heads up, now the vendors just need to check there batches.

See
b607b2e610e08d153893ce7c7ef9cd50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Could still well be fake,

These packages, photos that I have shared, have been confirmed as fake by Wick N Vape.

What I found interesting is that the shop in Canal Walk is using 3F Vape as their supplier.

These packages, photos that I have shared, have been confirmed as fake by Wick N Vape.

What I found interesting is that the shop in Canal Walk is using 3F Vape as their supplier.
Many shops are using 3FVape, specially the smaller ones. 3F does wholesale of a lot of authentic goods, including some GOONS they found somewhere.

Good morning folks.
Had some more feedback from Wick n Vape regarding fake CBV2.
f0bd6eba8a3b038fca3fefabf8c6a039.jpg
d4004f50ebc333e1408872ea7a8728c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've noticed a number of vendors selling at around the R80-R90 mark recently (not the Bacon Bits) - wonder if it's anything to do with this?

I've noticed a number of vendors selling at around the R80 mark recently (not the Bacon Bits) - wonder if it's anything to do with this?
Well @Vape Hyper sells the good stuff at R100 and its authentic, so I just get mine there, know I can trust Zubair, know I can trust a lot of others too,but his price is just the best.

Well @Vape Hyper sells the good stuff at R100 and its authentic, so I just get mine there, know I can trust Zubair, know I can trust a lot of others too,but his price is just the best.
Look the guy I bought it from was truly upset and apologetic and went through his stock and found that there was a couple of packets in the batch.
So that is what they do..They send you a few fakes with authentic in a order.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a five pack of "Authentic" Cotton Bacon V2 coming in from Fasttech ($14.76) - Should have it by Wednesday. Will post if it's genuine or not.

Back