What work do you do

lol, how could you guess ?

Solution is to get a gaming laptop and use that for your day job !

Your profile picture. And the way you handle things. Not a bad thing, but I have met enough project managers to know one from a mile away :p

Gaming Laptop, Oh but I do! I have a Asus ROG G750JZ. The bloody thing weighs like 6.3 Kg's, but damn it, I'll make it work! Needless to say when I sit in CAB and client meetings, I take a smaller one with. Otherwise management looks at me weirdly, and the techies all want to know how quick my SSD writes and what graphics card I have in there!

Your profile picture. And the way you handle things. Not a bad thing, but I have met enough project managers to know one from a mile away :p

Gaming Laptop, Oh but I do! I have a Asus ROG G750JZ. The bloody thing weighs like 6.3 Kg's, but damn it, I'll make it work! Needless to say when I sit in CAB and client meetings, I take a smaller one with. Otherwise management looks at me weirdly, and the techies all want to know how quick my SSD writes and what graphics card I have in there!

ive got the asus vn7 791g with all upgrades and i haul that into all of my meetings !

some meeting i really think i walk in like rambo!

phone, laptop, ipad, android tablet, mifi, voice recorder, wacom sketch tablet, ext drive.

ive got the asus vn7 791g with all upgrades and i haul that into all of my meetings !

some meeting i really think i walk in like rambo!

phone, laptop, ipad, android tablet, mifi, voice recorder, wacom sketch tablet, ext drive.

Very nice laptops those! I know one of our enterprise architects has one, bloody quick for its size.

As for the Rambo thing, I would actually pay to see that... It sounds quite majestic to see you in your natural habitat.

Cinema advertising account manager by day, part time musician by night.

Previously a CRM consultant.

Application developer for a company that services the financial services sector in a language called Progress.

Its the language, its the DB. Yes you havent heard of it, nobody has, lolz

Application developer for a company that services the financial services sector in a language called Progress.

There is no curious rating...

I recently installed Mongo and learnt JSON/BSON in the past month. How is your "Progress" written to work if I may ask? Similar concept to "Mongo" (document) or RDBMS style (or flat files lol)?

I have... I did the DB investigation for the group I was with back in the 90's... the choice was Progress, Oracle and Infomix. :D

@Cespian
There is no curious rating...

I recently installed Mongo and learnt JSON/BSON in the past month. How is your "Progress" written to work if I may ask? Similar concept to "Mongo" (document) or RDBMS style (or flat files lol)?

RDBMS

@Rob Fisher
I have... I did the DB investigation for the group I was with back in the 90's... the choice was Progress, Oracle and Infomix. :D

Suppose thats not that surprising, from what I've heard it was a game changer in the 80's-90's when RDBMS was what big data is in recent years. Its a solid db, very reliable.

Worked for a software development consulting company for a long time. Got exposed to a lot of different db's, languages, etc. I hated the 4gl languages like progress, magic, etc.

Now days mostly work with Java and the JavaScript web frameworks

Was a senior auditor for an auditing firm. Then was financial manager for a heavy industrial machinery company.

Now I'm self employed, importing and distribution of solar energy equipments for homes and offices.

Was a senior auditor for an auditing firm. Then was financial manager for a heavy industrial machinery company.

Now I'm self employed, importing and distribution of solar energy equipments for homes and offices.

im curious to ask... has the solar boom died off a bit since the load shedding crisis has slowed down?

im curious to ask... has the solar boom died off a bit since the load shedding crisis has slowed down?
Most people's solar concept stops at solar geysers. With electricity going up and some part of SA where power are still scarce, we getting more queries.

For example, my show off project is a boarding school which runs purely on solar, before they were paying +- 55000 a month, the system bascially pays it self off.

Its versatility is unbounded, for example, a 45kw 3 phase inverter can power a quite a few residences. Got people who wants to install and sell power as well.

Honours degree in Psychology, work for a wine company doing distribution :wondering:

Honors in Psychology, now studying bookkeeping. Working at a primary school doing Accounts, administration. far cry from where I was heading.
Never a dull day though. yesterday the boss, PA & I had to bake 200 cupcakes and make icing for kids to decorate for Vday.

but the best part is the silly things the kids say.

Yesterday, two boys got into an argument. the one had enough of the verbal abuse toward him " you are poo, you are a smelly armpit'and the response -" You such a looser, you use your mothers boobs as machine guns." now we sit here (in the office ) going - .game set match. high -five. break yourself with laughter, then go downstairs and reprimand them about how one should not say nasty things to each other and especially moms.

SAP PI and ABAP Consultant by day and Co-Owner of a Karate School at night.

Edit: Just wanted to add I'm still very Junior in the karate world, my wife on the other hand is a 4th Dan. Before you ask, yes she has kicked me in the face - yes I am scared of her. Even though she is about 10cm shorter than me and weighs two thirds my weight. She is very lethal and I listen to everything she says I must do. *I'm so scared she sees this*

SAP PI and ABAP Consultant by day and Co-Owner of a Karate School at night.

Edit: Just wanted to add I'm still very Junior in the karate world, my wife on the other hand is a 4th Dan. Before you ask, yes she has kicked me in the face - yes I am scared of her. Even though she is about 10cm shorter than me and weighs two thirds my weight. She is very lethal and I listen to everything she says I must do. *I'm so scared she sees this*
Your secret is safe with us
Taking screenshot to post on wife's facebook

Glad im not the only one... im not really scared of my girlfriend but a bit cautious around her and her family. Im not exactly a small bloke, coming in at around 193cm @ 110KG. She is 196cm... her dad used to be an SA boxer @ 198cm and her mom used to be an SA hurdles runner at 201cm

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Your secret is safe with us
Taking screenshot to post on wife's facebook
please don't tonight is kumite night, and I know she will make me her partner. Guys are training for Gauteng trials this weekend - so I have a feeling training is going to be hard tonight. :p

Glad im not the only one... im not really scared of my girlfriend but a bit cautious around her and her family. Im not exactly a small bloke, coming in at around 193cm @ 110KG. She is 196cm... her dad used to be an SA boxer @ 198cm and her mom used to be an SA hurdles runner at 201cm

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Good lawrd 2.01m is moerse tall

Back