Wismec Predator 228 510 Issue

What I don't get is how Wismec can be essentially the same company as Eleaf, there are no problems with Eleaf 510s, and yet Wismec can't (or won't) use the same 510s as Eleaf. How hard can it be? They have a working model within the same umbrella company structure.

They are actually both joytech subsidiaries and cuboids had the same issues as the RX 510's. If you do a google you will also find enough people who had the sunken 510 pins on the ELeaf isticks, it's just more likely that people were putting bigger bulkier atties on the cuboids and rx's.

The Predator is still miles better than the RX 2/3 of which mine still sometimes gives me the "atomizer short" message for no reason on certain tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope so @kev mac.... I have two other Wismec devices and haven't had any issues, but their threads are clearly mounted from the inside so have more support... Time will tell. Loctite should sort it out if the insert does ever rip out.

20170424_193733.jpg

Hope so @kev mac.... I have two other Wismec devices and haven't had any issues, but their threads are clearly mounted from the inside so have more support... Time will tell. Loctite should sort it out if the insert does ever rip out.

View attachment 92614
Can't complain about my 200,it been great and I really like the Predator and would probably have gotten one had I not been waiting for my Triad DNA and the VooPoo Drag both on the way from China via Yak Mail.

My
They are actually both joytech subsidiaries and cuboids had the same issues as the RX 510's. If you do a google you will also find enough people who had the sunken 510 pins on the ELeaf isticks, it's just more likely that people were putting bigger bulkier atties on the cuboids and rx's.
My Koopor Minis' 510 unscrewed itself and shot out like a BB on me!

The Predator is still miles better than the RX 2/3 of which mine still sometimes gives me the "atomizer short" message for no reason on certain tanks.

This could be from juice that runs down the mod and through the gap of the trigger. Juice then sits in the button and can cause the "atomiser short".

I've cleaned a few mods out with tons of juice in the button and 510 and worked perfectly thereafter.

;)

There's not really a shorting danger when the negative threading does come loose / pop out, is there?
Last thing we need is for a battery vent/pop in a public place, fuelling the public hype that "omg ecigs explode".
Well, to be fair.. if my Predator shorted on me I'd also be pretty pissed.

I have the Predator, and I read the news and saw the videos. I wasn't really worried, because I handle mine pretty carefully and use it as a desk mod only. Until I saw some more reports that it can loosen and pop off while just unscrewing juice fill caps.

With it being my first boxmod, it now has me full of skeptical apprehension. Watching this bastard like a hawk now..

There's not really a shorting danger when the negative threading does come loose / pop out, is there?
Last thing we need is for a battery vent/pop in a public place, fuelling the public hype that "omg ecigs explode".
Well, to be fair.. if my Predator shorted on me I'd also be pretty pissed.

I have the Predator, and I read the news and saw the videos. I wasn't really worried, because I handle mine pretty carefully and use it as a desk mod only. Until I saw some more reports that it can loosen and pop off while just unscrewing juice fill caps.

With it being my first boxmod, it now has me full of skeptical apprehension. Watching this bastard like a hawk now..
Chances are you might have a good one that won't screw up on you so take a breath! I totally get the apprehension and that's a nice mod to have as a first. I was proud as punch of my Kanager K-box and it still gets use as a work mod in the field.Your's is a ten times more advanced mod and I bet I spent more for it.Just goes to show how far we have come in a couple or so years.Luck to ya'.

Chances are you might have a good one that won't screw up on you so take a breath! I totally get the apprehension and that's a nice mod to have as a first. I was proud as punch of my Kanager K-box and it still gets use as a work mod in the field.Your's is a ten times more advanced mod and I bet I spent more for it.Just goes to show how far we have come in a couple or so years.Luck to ya'.
Haha, thanks kev - I'm pretty calm for now. Can't vouch for my reaction if it does pop out :p

i mailed wismec and they replies with this :
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:20 AM
Subject: Fw: Fw: FROM WISMEC
To: "yusri.majiet" <yusri.majiet@gmail.com>

Hi,

We are handling this now. If such problem occurs to you, pls contact us.

Sherry
Wismec Service

My two are also working perfectly.
I dont build or wick or pick it up by the tank.
I think its just about not being rough with it.

My two are also working perfectly.
I dont build or wick or pick it up by the tank.
I think its just about not being rough with it.
True - but I have an RTA on mine and from tomorrow onwards an RDA as well. The RTA doesn't worry me so much but the RDA does involve some "pulling" action when you pop the cap off.

@aktorsyl
I havent used a Rda on mine. but it depends on the tightness of the rda. some rdas are pretty loose and if it is. then it should be fine.
but rather the concern is more liquid getting into the mod and causing the auto fire issue.

Been using my Storm trooper for three weeks now with a RDA and no problems so far. Fantastic setup. :)
View attachment 93942
Speaking of, @KZOR , (totally unrelated but what the hell).. that RDA that's hopefully arriving in the vapemail tomorrow is the Sapor V2. On your recommendation, kinda (based on your review) :p Dat pressure tho.

At the end of the day if it happens then im just going get some Pratley Steel glue and it wont be a hassle again.
Its a great mod and to me id rather have it be something i can fix then a hardware flaw.

At the end of the day if it happens then im just going get some Pratley Steel glue and it wont be a hassle again.
Its a great mod and to me id rather have it be something i can fix then a hardware flaw.
That is both something you can fix, and a hardware flaw.

I have learned that with a lot of these latest feature filled mods, it's pretty much a roll of the dice, as to a fault, or smooth sailing. This is applicable, especially on the "Lower end" mods. Like the ones I buy.

I have read so many stories of certain mods having issues while the same unit performs flawlessly with someone else.

Grey one works perfect, red one giving me trouble. Auto firing. Or just not switching on. Have to remove the batteries to re set the board. Then it works again.

Such a pity as I think they are great mods.

Back