18650s and Planes

Neal

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello lads and lasses,

Am in UK visiting my dear old mam at moment, and have been stocking up on some vape items. Travelling back to Swaziland in a few weeks and will be travelling with 4 x 18650 batteries, but would like to purchase 2 more. Do any of you good people know what the allowance is on airlines regarding this? Flying British Airways, so hardware is not a problem, but can't find any specific info on their website regarding batteries. I do not want a repeat of a trip via Dubai last year where they threw some of my gear in the dreaded bin of things never to be returned, so any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

See below (from my post here) for the general rules as I understand them. The limitation on total batteries is not enforced at this stage as far as I know, but (if I remember correctly) it entails that you can have as many batteries as your travelling devices need plus one spare battery for each such battery. No one has ever taken much notice of my batteries or tried to count them at all.

Seems to me the general rule of thumb for us vapers:

MODS and BATTERIES

1. Have your mods and batteries in your hand luggage.
  2. If your battery is removable have it out of the mod.
  3. If your battery is not removable make sure the mod is switched off completely.
  4. Batteries must be packed with safety in mind: In hard plastic battery cases where each one is isolated, in silicone covers or each individually wrapped in plastic and sealed. This is to prevent accidental contact with each other or other metal objects.
  5. Take just enough batteries - they might just enforce the limitation on total batteries.
CHARGER
In checked or hand luggage. I carry mine in hand luggage - shall be lost if my charger gets lost with my checked luggage.

JUICE

Carry in hand luggage in sealed ziplock bags. Maximum 100 ml per ziplock bag, e.g. 3 x 30 ml bottles of juice.

TOOLS, WICK, WIRE, etc

All sharp stuff (scissors, sharp nosed pliers, etc) MUST be in your checked in luggage.

See below (from my post here) for the general rules as I understand them. The limitation on total batteries is not enforced at this stage as far as I know, but (if I remember correctly) it entails that you can have as many batteries as your travelling devices need plus one spare battery for each such battery. No one has ever taken much notice of my batteries or tried to count them at all.

Seems to me the general rule of thumb for us vapers:

MODS and BATTERIES

1. Have your mods and batteries in your hand luggage.
  2. If your battery is removable have it out of the mod.
  3. If your battery is not removable make sure the mod is switched off completely.
  4. Batteries must be packed with safety in mind: In hard plastic battery cases where each one is isolated, in silicone covers or each individually wrapped in plastic and sealed. This is to prevent accidental contact with each other or other metal objects.
  5. Take just enough batteries - they might just enforce the limitation on total batteries.
CHARGER
In checked or hand luggage. I carry mine in hand luggage - shall be lost if my charger gets lost with my checked luggage.

JUICE

Carry in hand luggage in sealed ziplock bags. Maximum 100 ml per ziplock bag, e.g. 3 x 30 ml bottles of juice.

TOOLS, WICK, WIRE, etc

All sharp stuff (scissors, sharp nosed pliers, etc) MUST be in your checked in luggage.

Thanks very much mate, very good advice.

Back