21700 Mod Advice

Tony S

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Friends. I am currently running a smok t priv 3; triple 18650. love the shape and it has served me well, however its starting to age and its time to retire her. I am looking at getting a new duel 21700 mod for its extended battery life and high power output. does anyone have any recommendations on one and where it can be purchased? I like the look and functionality of the Dovpo ODIN but its a bit pricy. any recommendations would be appreciated :)

As long as you are not prejudice against mainly plastic devices, the Gaea dual 21700 from Ultroner is a nice compact dual 21700 device not sure about availability in South Africa!

I just ordered the Vandy Vape Gaur-21. Was designed by Matt from SuckMyMod and it looks good. I haven't received it yet, so can't tell you how good/bad it is. @Timwis, due to the design of the Gaur-21, I shouldn't have a battery door problem...lol

As long as you are not prejudice against mainly plastic devices, the Gaea dual 21700 from Ultroner is a nice compact dual 21700 device not sure about availability in South Africa!
This is a great looking Mod, the right shape and size but doesn't seem to be available in SA yet. (at least on any sites i cant find)

Mmm....that battery door reminds me of the VX217 and is almost sure to fail in my case. As you said, I have bad luck with battery doors...lol

Mmm....that battery door reminds me of the VX217 and is almost sure to fail in my case. As you said, I have bad luck with battery doors...lol
The style if the right inner dimensions for the batteries and as long as the catch is durable is ok but relies on the pressure of the batteries against the door to secure which is why they are very loose and insecure with no batteries. Made sense it not working well and opening with your molicel batteries as you say they are shorter but using the different 21700 brands i have used the VX217 as been fine and so is the Gaea!

Just a thought as the Molicels seem to have become the "go to" brand in SA;

A Google Search reveals that the Samsung 50G dimensions are a maximum, (no minimum specified), of 21.8 * 70.8, whereas the Molicels dimensions are 21.4 (+-0.15), and 70 (+-0.15).

I haven't confirmed this, however assuming the above as correct;
The differential of some 0.95mm Max to 0.65mm Min could be resolved easily enough by utilising a small circular piece of copper, brass or aluminium shim stock of the aforementioned thickness, (available at most good hardware or engineering supply stores).

The Shim stock, (which is basically metal foil at very specific thicknesses), should be cut, (it can be cut using a pair of sharp scissors), to a fractionally smaller diameter than the battery, (ie 21.3mm diameter), and can be held in place effectively on THE NEGATIVE SIDE OF THE BATTERY ONLY by using a new battery wrap that overlaps the edge slightly.

also looked into it, but they are hard to come by it seems. would have been a good fit for me just based on shape and size
Downtown vapoury has the kit in stock. Unfortunately, they only have the chrome version available.

I've been looking high and low for a SX G Class - this might just be the alternative!
On loads of Chinese and UK sites pre-Christmas they were practically giving the G-class away. Pissed me off because i ran out of money then i was getting notification after notification from all the main sites with the G-Class (which i have wanted for ages) at well under £100, £59 was the cheapest i saw it!

On loads of Chinese and UK sites pre-Christmas they were practically giving the G-class away. Pissed me off because i ran out of money then i was getting notification after notification from all the main sites with the G-Class (which i have wanted for ages) at well under £100, £59 was the cheapest i saw it!

Wow, that is really cheap!

Just ordered the Quar 21 from the Sirs. Love the way it looks. Probably going to be a tad big for my small hands. I will let you know how it feels.

Just ordered the Quar 21 from the Sirs. Love the way it looks. Probably going to be a tad big for my small hands. I will let you know how it feels.

@FireDragon it will be too big for your hands... it is big... but light... thumb firing is the most comfortable way of firing it. The battery life is pretty insane!

20201231_130052.jpg
@FireDragon it will be too big for your hands... it is big... but light... thumb firing is the most comfortable way of firing it. The battery life is pretty insane!
Just got it... Happiness is being in Durbs. Ordered 11:36... delivered 12:54.

It is not much bigger than the GeekVape Aegis Legend. But DAMN! it is light. Fits nicely in my hand.

Back