Airport security

:eek: I cracked my glass. Put tape on and hope it helps :CRYCRYBABY:

Also had one flight to Durbs where I was just asked to open the backpack so they could checkout the Rx200 but other than that, 2 mods and around 20 bottles of juice in hand luggage while travelling locally has been hassle and problem free.

Traveling to Kilimanjaro tomorrow via Nairobi - I'll be there for 10 days so need to take enough stock... 2 questions:
MUST i have a silicone case/battery case for the batteries?
Can I have juice in my checked luggage?

Lastly, are there any vape gear for sale at OR Tambo duty free? Thought I could perhaps pick up a little something at duty free at a lesser price?

Traveling to Kilimanjaro tomorrow via Nairobi - I'll be there for 10 days so need to take enough stock... 2 questions:

Lastly, are there any vape gear for sale at OR Tambo duty free? Thought I could perhaps pick up a little something at duty free at a lesser price?

Juice in hand luggage must be in sealed zip lock bags i think no larger than 100ml per bottle. I take 30ml bottles. I have sometimes put some juice in my checked in luggage.

I take all batteries out of the mod and keep them in a plastic battery holder or in their cardboard cases in ziplock bags.
I keep all my mods and batts with me in my hand luggage.

Havent seen any vape stuff at OR Tambo duty free. Only vape shop at the airport I have seen is a Twisp Kiosk but its not in the duty free section

As far as I know battery covers/cases are not compulsory - you could just isolate each battery in plastic, e.g. wrap each in cling wrap or ziploc baggies or both.
Juices should be fine in checked luggage.
Don't know about vape gear at the duty free zone.

Juice in hand luggage must be in sealed zip lock bags i think no larger than 100ml per bottle. I take 30ml bottles. I have sometimes put some juice in my checked in luggage.

I take all batteries out of the mod and keep them in a plastic battery holder or in their cardboard cases in ziplock bags.
I keep all my mods and batts with me in my hand luggage.

Havent seen any vape stuff at OR Tambo duty free. Only vape shop at the airport I have seen is a Twisp Kiosk but its not in the duty free section

Thanks. I'm thinking of taking 3 mods - to cover my bases...That should be fine?
I have a UD Vape bag so will follow your advise!

Thanks. I'm thinking of taking 3 mods - to cover my bases...That should be fine?
I have a UD Vape bag so will follow your advise!

I always prefer taking my mods with me in my hand luggage. Then i can keep an eye on them.
If my mods got lost with lost check in luggage I would be very unhappy

Thanks for this useful information. When I travel I take lots of gear with me. Haven't flown in the last 9 months, but when I do again, I will follow this same procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep my gear with me in hand luggage together with batteries in cases. All juices in check in bag in a vanity bag goody. Never had any problems.

Dont take a chance with packing your mods in your check in bags. My bags were broken into recently and some stuff jacked. I even had those bag protectors as well as having them plastic wrapped - nothing stops them. I was told the check in bags go through scanners so they know which bags to break into.

Your best bet is to get the dangerous goods page and check what is allowed when you fly.Table 2.3a 2016 edition IATA or check caa.

Seems to me the general rule of thumb for us vapers:

MODS and BATTERIES
  1. Have your mods and batteries in your hand luggage.
  2. If your battery is removable have it out of the mod.
  3. If your battery is not removable make sure the mod is switched off completely.
  4. Batteries must be packed with safety in mind: In hard plastic battery cases where each one is isolated, in silicone covers or each individually wrapped in plastic and sealed. This is to prevent accidental contact with each other or other metal objects.
  5. Take just enough batteries - they might just enforce the limitation on total batteries.
CHARGER
In checked or hand luggage. I carry mine in hand luggage - shall be lost if my charger gets lost with my checked luggage.

JUICE

Carry in hand luggage in sealed ziplock bags. Maximum 100 ml per ziplock bag, e.g. 3 x 30 ml bottles of juice. Should be ok in checked baggage too if you want to risk it.

TOOLS, WICK, WIRE, etc

All sharp stuff (scissors, sharp nosed pliers, etc) MUST be in your checked in luggage.

STEALTH VAPING
If you want to risk this in the toilets, blow down as the newer generation smoke detectors are extremely sensitive and are activated by vapour.

How to stealth vape: Do not take your cloud blowing gear. Inhale, hold in and inhale again (double clutch). Hold. Exhale forcefully. Very little vapour will escape - blow into your clothes or under the blanket . Take higher nic than your usual to be able to vape as little as possible.

Morning, All of the post on this thread has been super helpful. Thank you everyone! Is anyone familiar with traveling to Hong Kong and Australia related to vaping. My boyfriend and I are going in December for 5 weeks and I'd hate to get any of our vape goodies confiscated at the airports.
So my questions are (hopefully someone can help).
We have a stop over in Hong Kong on the way to Aus for 18 hours so I'm hoping to check out main luggage in at JHB all the way to Aus. From what I understand from all the posts we can have the basics we need to vape in our hand luggage yes? It would be super horrible if we cant vape :(
Is there anything specific we need to know about kong kong and aus airports & packing all the various goodies?
Or if anyone has any tips? It's our first time traveling as vapers. :)

thanks!

@Juani I can't speak for Australia but we went through Hong Kong on our way to and back from the US and Canada last year and had no issues when following @Andre's guidelines above... I even ninja vaped in the business class lounge with no issues.

Morning, All of the post on this thread has been super helpful. Thank you everyone! Is anyone familiar with traveling to Hong Kong and Australia related to vaping. My boyfriend and I are going in December for 5 weeks and I'd hate to get any of our vape goodies confiscated at the airports.
So my questions are (hopefully someone can help).
We have a stop over in Hong Kong on the way to Aus for 18 hours so I'm hoping to check out main luggage in at JHB all the way to Aus. From what I understand from all the posts we can have the basics we need to vape in our hand luggage yes? It would be super horrible if we cant vape :(
Is there anything specific we need to know about kong kong and aus airports & packing all the various goodies?
Or if anyone has any tips? It's our first time traveling as vapers. :)

thanks!
Yes, you can have everything in you hand luggage (batteries MUST be in your hand luggage) except sharp stuff (scissors, pliers, etc), which must be in your checked in luggage.
I travelled to Australia last year and had no problems at all, not even a question about my vape gear.

@Juani I can't speak for Australia but we went through Hong Kong on our way to and back from the US and Canada last year and had no issues when following @Andre's guidelines above... I even ninja vaped in the business class lounge with no issues.

Fantastic, that makes me feel a so much more at ease @Rob Fisher :) and Thank you @Andre for making that guide. I'm hoping that would be good for aus too.
Is there a limit for how much juice you can take with? 5 weeks away for 2 people may be a fair amount of liquid.

If i pack my batteries in the UD Vape bag battery holders, will I still require the batteries to be wrapped/in a sleeve/box?
View attachment 72059

@Rude Rudi...now u see my problem..Im Indian...can you imagine the reception I wud get walking off a plane in the US or Europe with that bag of contents..YOH...:camper:is probably the best to explain it

Yes, you can have everything in you hand luggage (batteries MUST be in your hand luggage) except sharp stuff (scissors, pliers, etc), which must be in your checked in luggage.
I travelled to Australia last year and had no problems at all, not even a question about my vape gear.

Thank you @Andre !!

I always wonder what they will do if you rock up with one of these in your hand luggage :devil:
Cool-Fire-2-black-1000x1000.jpg

Fantastic, that makes me feel a so much more at ease @Rob Fisher :) and Thank you @Andre for making that guide. I'm hoping that would be good for aus too.
Is there a limit for how much juice you can take with? 5 weeks away for 2 people may be a fair amount of liquid.
There is no limit as far as I know. As long as you limit it to 100 ml per ziploc bag if in your hand luggage.

Hi all

Have moved this thread to a newly created subforum called Vaping and Travel.

I see lots of discussion on this topic - so we felt this topic needs a permanent "home".

We will be moving other similar threads into here over time.

@Andre - I would like to invite you to make a new thread in this subforum with your highly informative summary above ;-)

Alternatively, if you like I can move it or copy it into a new thread for you if you prefer. Just let me know.

Hope this will help.

Back