Battery or Mod Issue

Stosta

Sith Lord
LV

Awards
This week I haven't been feeling well and have been getting my nicotine fix through all my smaller, single cell setups. My dual battery setups got the whole week off.

So come Sunday, I grab my arms race that was left on my table with a set of full batteries inside, grab a tank, throw it on, and get a low battery warning. Confused as I know that they were full when they went in, I simply put in a new set and carried on with my day.

I get into work this morning and start charging my batteries, to be greeted by this...

20170508_062522-800x450.jpg

I have never seen batteries go this low. I don't think the mod could have fired them this low, and even though these batteries are quite old, I have never seen them lose a charge just by sitting this fast.

There did seem to be some juice or something on the bottom of the mod, could this have cause them to be firing? I don't see how without completely venting them as a short is a short.

So essentially I would love everyone's input into how this might have happened, and I would also like to know, is it safe to use these batteries provided I keep a close eye on them?

Back