Bellus RBA

Think I will do a rebuild on the bellus tonight. Maybe a 28g inner and 24g outer

nice job fitting that in there, i have some claptoned 28 i made a while back lying around, may try squeeze a duel in there with it stripped at connection points. nice work. i bet the flavour is tip top.

hi Guys

new to vaping and building, i guess the deep end is the best place to learn how to swim.

changed my SBox mini for a RX200 and Bellus, please let me know if im on the right track and where i can improve.

twisted 26ga dual
20160126_074757.jpg

20160124_185914.jpg
20160124_185941.jpg
20160124_185958.jpg

.14 oms @ 60w

so far all seems fine however not sure if there is something i can change on the build.

Attachments

• 20160124_185952.jpg
    20160124_185952.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 36
Is that t
hi Guys

new to vaping and building, i guess the deep end is the best place to learn how to swim.

changed my SBox mini for a RX200 and Bellus, please let me know if im on the right track and where i can improve.

twisted 26ga dual
View attachment 44312

View attachment 44313
View attachment 44314
View attachment 44316

.14 oms @ 60w

so far all seems fine however not sure if there is something i can change on the build.
Is that twisted kanthal? .14ohms seems very low for that particular build of its kanthal...

yes it is kanthal, very low is good or bad ?
How many ohms was the build supposed to be? If it's alot lower than intended then something is shorting and that's bad! Good thing you're not using a mech :) check out steam-engine.org it's a brilliant online tool for coil building, etc.

How many ohms was the build supposed to be? If it's alot lower than intended then something is shorting and that's bad! Good thing you're not using a mech :) check out steam-engine.org it's a brilliant online tool for coil building, etc.

my initial intention was to go around .22 around there. thanks for the heads up will check it out

hi Guys

twisted 26ga dual
View attachment 44312

View attachment 44313
View attachment 44314
View attachment 44316

.14 oms @ 60w

Looks fine, just think theres a bit too much coil overhang over the juice channels, could pinch the wick up against the sidewalls.
and dont forget to put your dolls away when taking photos. :rolleyes:

sketch_56a9cda9330cc.png
what I think it should be.
cotton wick has a drape and doesnt follow 90 degree bends closely, but bending it backwards isnt going to assist wicking much.
sketch_56a9ce922e128.png

tton wick has a drape and doesnt follow 90 degree bends, but dending it backwards its going to assist wicking m

hahaha the doll is essential for coil building:D

thanks for the advise, makes a lot more sense

If I try any wire larger than 26g or inner diameter larger than 2mm, the airflow gets too restricted for me. How are you guys fitting claptons in there ? :eek:

I just modified another of these,here is a before and after of the air hole.This changes the tank completely imo,for the better.
Lets see if @Rob Fisher changes his mind when he gets it back:)
IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1699.jpg

I just modified another of these,here is a before and after of the air hole.This changes the tank completely imo,for the better.
Lets see if @Rob Fisher changes his mind when he gets it back:)
View attachment 46633 View attachment 46634
@Genosmate , Awesome work.

I tried modifying mine with the dremel but just ended up making a larger circular hole. Didn't make any difference to the airflow.

How did you manage to get yours so wide ? I'd like to try that

@Genosmate , Awesome work.

I tried modifying mine with the dremel but just ended up making a larger circular hole. Didn't make any difference to the airflow.

How did you manage to get yours so wide ? I'd like to try that

I used a milling machine.
I would think a dremel would work with the right cutter in it.
If I was to use a dremel and didn't have a vice,I'd put the workpiece in a vice grip and then use another vice grip to hold the other one down to a work surface then you'd have both hands free to control the dremel.

upload_2016-2-25_15-42-27.jpeg
I would think something like this should do the job. Dremel tungsten carbide bit.
Then its all about patients I use do porting on car heads as a hobby and there as well just dont force or rush the job

Would love to hear your impressions on the modified Belus @Rob Fisher :)

Here's my brief take on the tank and what I like/don't like.
I decided to persevere with it because when I first used it I thought it was much better than any RTA I had tried in terms of flavour and vapour production.
I have tried S/S wire in both single coil and dual coil set ups,I didn't like the single coil because of the restricted airflow and I just couldn't get the settings right in TC for the dual coil.
I found that using coils with a small I/D like those in the pic,this is @Rob Fisher deck and so I don't know the I/D but I guess its about 1.5mm doesn't allow the wicks to saturate fast enough so I tend to use something around 2.5mm I/D.
I've seen videos and read about the best way to wick the tank,some suggest the wick to be cut at the point where the red arrow indicates and some to where the blue arrow indicates.
If you look at how the tank goes together the shoulder indicated by the red arrow is what fits/closes the bottom of the chimney when assembled,personally I have found that with smaller coils and less wick cut to the red arrow position is what seems to cause the leaking on initial fills until hopefully the wick fills out and then the leaking stops.
I think that if the wick is not filling that void down to the shoulder then the juice can enter the chimney and given that the bottom of the airhole is only marginally above where the green arrow indicates thats when the juice starts leaking out of the air hole.
I find if theres plenty of wick pre saturated and its cut below the red arrow even down to the blue arrow then it won't leak,don't see any benefit in closing the air control ring or in bottom filling either.
As for enlarging the air hole,I don't find any drop in flavour but I like the fun of blowing huge clouds.
Just my 2c.
IMG_1702.jpg

Thank you for the detailed info @Genosmate :) Appreciated!
My wicks run to the where the blue arrow is. I use 2 tanks with dual coils and 1 tank with a single coil.
Yes, I love this tank so much that I have 3 of them ;)
I bottom fill so the tanks never leak at all...not once.

How is the Bellus performing @Marzuq ?
Hoping someone can help me with a strange problem.My Bellus tank that I have grown to love has suddenly become unfaithful to me.Let me explain, I have tried all the builds,coil types and wicking techniques but for some strange reason I cannot get any flavor out of her.No matter the juice,temp or wattage on any device.Nothing,zero,nada,zilch.What is up?

Hoping someone can help me with a strange problem.My Bellus tank that I have grown to love has suddenly become unfaithful to me.Let me explain, I have tried all the builds,coil types and wicking techniques but for some strange reason I cannot get any flavor out of her.No matter the juice,temp or wattage on any device.Nothing,zero,nada,zilch.What is up?

Hi @kev mac, Are you experiencing this on all your tanks or just this one? Are you not perhaps suffering "vapers tongue"?

Regards

Back