Best RTA?

Somehow the Gemini still tickles my fancy. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything better than Crius/Griffin/Gemini for tight lung hits that's easy to build on? Looking at alternatives again!
Tight lung hits and a breeze to build is the Subtank Mini. KILLER flavor. One thing me and @Silver agree on most certainly. Far as the constricted lung hit goes, Subby is king! Cant live without mine.

Tight lung hits and a breeze to build is the Subtank Mini. KILLER flavor. One thing me and @Silver agree on most certainly. Far as the constricted lung hit goes, Subby is king! Cant live without mine.

The RBA is not especially easy to do any serious builds on and I didn't find it especially impressive flavour and consistency wise. Good for beginners though!

Somehow the Gemini still tickles my fancy. Any thoughts?

Very focused flavor. Kinda like a Griffin Lite if you can imagine that. Seriously sick build deck. And phenomenal construction mate. But. Does not like big builds at all. So far best build for me flavor wise is a simple dual ss 8 wrap 25mm ID .2 ohm build.

SUPER airy, air flow all the way open DRIPPERS feel constricted after a Gemini session. Wtf you need top airflow for idk.

Pretty. Impressive quality. Good flavor but not as nice as the Griffin if desserts are your thing. The stock Claptons were one of the best builds I have had in there. Kicks like a mule with Claptons. But she doesnt gel with my twisted coils. Go figure.

Not overwhelmed but I just know with the right build she will be a Griffin killer. Just not yet but I know its down to build.

I will review it once jacked.

lol @Lord Vetinari i never said the subtank mini has 'killer flavour'. It's a reliable tank for me and I find the flavour is good but for my fruity menthols it's not pinpoint sharp like the Lemo1. A somewhat softer more rounded flavour in my opinion.

I did a shoot out between various tanks in another post and compared the subtank mini to others. Lemo1 still took it for me for low power restricted lung hit flavour on fruity menthols.

That said, I do still think the subtank mini is a great device, has good flavour and is easy to use and rebuild.

The RBA is not especially easy to do any serious builds on and I didn't find it especially impressive flavour and consistency wise. Good for beginners though!
Well everything else isnt tight IMO... not rebuildable. Only constricted RBA tank with decent flavor I could think of. Like ZERO options for creativity I get ya lol. Gemini with air flow open is insanely airy for example. Tried today but couldnt get a tight hit for all the love in John Lennons heart. I gave up lol.

Tight hits its the Subby. You find anything else let me know lol

lol @Lord Vetinari i never said the subtank mini has 'killer flavour'. It's a reliable tank for me and I find the flavour is good but for my fruity menthols it's not pinpoint sharp like the Lemo1. A somewhat softer more rounded flavour in my opinion.

I did a shoot out between various tanks in another post and compared the subtank mini to others. Lemo1 still took it for me for low power restricted lung hit flavour on fruity menthols.

That said, I do still think the subtank mini is a great device, has good flavour and is easy to use and rebuild.
Splitting of hairs aside... one of the few tight lung hits around that actually work. Gonna give that Lemo a whirl I am getting tired of cloud monsters...

Well everything else isnt tight IMO... not rebuildable. Only constricted RBA tank with decent flavor I could think of. Like ZERO options for creativity I get ya lol. Gemini with air flow open is insanely airy for example. Tried today but couldnt get a tight hit for all the love in John Lennons heart. I gave up lol.

Tight hits its the Subby. You find anything else let me know lol

Currently using a closed off Cthulhu V2. Similar to the Crius etc but a little older. Velocity posts, decent wicking, nice filling system, but I do need to run the airflow 80% closed. Also used a Lemo2 on the odd occasion. Can get 30W out of an oldschool single coil, simple design but tricky to wick.

Currently using a closed off Cthulhu V2. Similar to the Crius etc but a little older. Velocity posts, decent wicking, nice filling system, but I do need to run the airflow 80% closed. Also used a Lemo2 on the odd occasion. Can get 30W out of an oldschool single coil, simple design but tricky to wick.
I have heard a bit about the Cthulu V2. Thinking I should hunt one...

Dont laugh at me but... my 'tight' tank is a choked Melo. Stock coils and all. Not brilliant but I love the feeling. Hey it was my first tank so no ripping it off ok looool

I have heard a bit about the Cthulu V2. Thinking I should hunt one...

Dont laugh at me but... my 'tight' tank is a choked Melo. Stock coils and all. Not brilliant but I love the feeling. Hey it was my first tank so no ripping it off ok looool

I've never actually use a Melo. I'm not a fan of commercial coils, for frugality's sake - last tank I used with them was the mPT3.

The Cthulhu2 suffers massively in terms of QC. Most are mediocre, some are terrible and a few are great. I lucked out with both my Cthulhu and my Lemo2 (also mad QC issues if you dig around the forum). I'm in an annoying situation where I want to get something new purely for the sake of it, while getting something better, which isn't always possible.

Very focused flavor. Kinda like a Griffin Lite if you can imagine that. Seriously sick build deck. And phenomenal construction mate. But. Does not like big builds at all. So far best build for me flavor wise is a simple dual ss 8 wrap 25mm ID .2 ohm build.

SUPER airy, air flow all the way open DRIPPERS feel constricted after a Gemini session. Wtf you need top airflow for idk.

Pretty. Impressive quality. Good flavor but not as nice as the Griffin if desserts are your thing. The stock Claptons were one of the best builds I have had in there. Kicks like a mule with Claptons. But she doesnt gel with my twisted coils. Go figure.

Not overwhelmed but I just know with the right build she will be a Griffin killer. Just not yet but I know its down to build.

I will review it once jacked.
A 25mm ID build...?? And you call that a small build.. Holy crap mate!! Do you use a juice bottle as a jig? Hahahahaha.. Just kidding! Thx for the detailed reply

Griffin is the best RTA I've tried sofar, like the fact that you can actually adjust the juice well wholes aswell...

A 25mm ID build...?? And you call that a small build.. Holy crap mate!! Do you use a juice bottle as a jig? Hahahahaha.. Just kidding! Thx for the detailed reply
Lol... the difference a lack of a comma makes eh... sheez yeah I would love to hook uo some 25mm coils to my car battery and give it a whirl. Can use my vacuum cleaner for a chamber.

I've never actually use a Melo. I'm not a fan of commercial coils, for frugality's sake - last tank I used with them was the mPT3.

The Cthulhu2 suffers massively in terms of QC. Most are mediocre, some are terrible and a few are great. I lucked out with both my Cthulhu and my Lemo2 (also mad QC issues if you dig around the forum). I'm in an annoying situation where I want to get something new purely for the sake of it, while getting something better, which isn't always possible.
Yup I know what you mean. I think my atty collection is technically complete. Cant improve on perfection. I lucked out with a PERFECT Griffin, and I really like the Tsunami RDA... between the two the rest of my collection laying idle.

I might make the leap to a squonker soon so that will be a whole new ballgame starting, BF atties...

I ended up picking up the Gemini RTA yesterday (not what I'd originally ordered...lol), and have to say, for an rta I'm right impressed. Came with spare glass and other goodies, plus two precoiled thin clapton coils, which I promptly used and gave me a nice .4 ohms. After the cotton wicking bedded in, this vapes like a beast. The draw is smooth, and more than enough airflow for most. I like that center additional air post in the base, doesn't crowd out or interfere with the coils any. I'm getting dense heavy vapor with 0.4 claptons and 30/70 pg/vg juice. For an rta this is a sweet little unit. I also have the aromamizer rdta v2 coming in the mail today, I'm late to the table trying out that one but I have high hopes....plus I just like the looks of the little bugger alot....getting the 3ml stainless tank, prob most of you have tried this one but I'm looking forward to it!

I ended up picking up the Gemini RTA yesterday (not what I'd originally ordered...lol), and have to say, for an rta I'm right impressed. Came with spare glass and other goodies, plus two precoiled thin clapton coils, which I promptly used and gave me a nice .4 ohms. After the cotton wicking bedded in, this vapes like a beast. The draw is smooth, and more than enough airflow for most. I like that center additional air post in the base, doesn't crowd out or interfere with the coils any. I'm getting dense heavy vapor with 0.4 claptons and 30/70 pg/vg juice. For an rta this is a sweet little unit. I also have the aromamizer rdta v2 coming in the mail today, I'm late to the table trying out that one but I have high hopes....plus I just like the looks of the little bugger alot....getting the 3ml stainless tank, prob most of you have tried this one but I'm looking forward to it!
WTF... I did not get extra glass! Plus mine has been a struggle to get a dense vape. Where did you get your Gemini RTA? If I got a fake there will be hell to pay. Been unimpressed with mine versus the Griffin. No extra glass was an issie for me from the start.

Lord, my Vaporesso Gemini rta did come with the extra glass, as to where it came from, my local vape shop ordered it from his supplier, so don't know. I used a lightly rolled scottish wick roll in mine, but had to really cut some of that down at an angle to get it into the wick feed slots. I used the coils that came with, and the sweet spot for mine seems to be around 55-60 watts with those claptons. Dense vapor, but even with the airflow turned down, the flavor isn't as good as some of my other attys. Could be better with another coil set in there, dunno. That really sucks you didn't get the spare glass!

WTF... I did not get extra glass! Plus mine has been a struggle to get a dense vape. Where did you get your Gemini RTA? If I got a fake there will be hell to pay. Been unimpressed with mine versus the Griffin. No extra glass was an issie for me from the start.[/QUOT

Ask your supplier you bought it from. Is there not a serial of authentication on the box check that out to

For me its my crowns with rba deck. Twisted vertical coil build. Tight lung hits with intense flavor.

Back