Calling all DIY'ers

@GregF I only ran the USC at 50W for 1x 25min run and 1x 30min run. The liquids did change colour from clear to light yellow.
I will sample them today after work to see if the taste right.
Did they turn out good?.. Wanna know if i get a usc will it help.. And where can one get one?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Did they turn out good?.. Wanna know if i get a usc will it help.. And where can one get one?

@786country will an ultrasonic cleaner help with what?
An USC will not make your juice taste any better, it will or supposed to just reduce the steeping time.
So it does not "fix" a juice, just makes it so you can vape it sooner.

@786country will an ultrasonic cleaner help with what?
An USC will not make your juice taste any better, it will or supposed to just reduce the steeping time.
So it does not "fix" a juice, just makes it so you can vape it sooner.
Ya does it reduce steeping time.. Sorry for ambiguity... Really don't like having patience with steeping times.. Also do u know where I can get one.?

There are a lot of views on using the usc for reduced steeping. Some say it works some say its not worth it some say you need to get this one or that one, so to cut a long story short I don't know for sure.
I have one, for other reasons, just never tried speed steeping with it....yet
Got mine at www.outdoorguru.co.za

There are a lot of views on using the usc for reduced steeping. Some say it works some say its not worth it some say you need to get this one or that one, so to cut a long story short I don't know for sure.
I have one, for other reasons, just never tried speed steeping with it....yet
Got mine at www.outdoorguru.co.za
Ah thanks... Keep me updated on how the usc affects the steeping process..I'll consider getting one next month..

This is a really nice! Let it steep for 2 weeks! After a week it was good but I got some TH from it, now its super smooth and a really tasty chocolate vape.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/505759/Mikey%27s+Chocolate+Milk+%28120ml%29

c700a2aef0162d4a2b830650202b27d0.jpg

Everyone who mixes with a scale says it is the way to go, and I must agree 99%.
It makes life a lot easier pouring in the VG/PG and dripping in the concentrates from the plastic dropper bottles. No syringes less mess, cool.
What happens when you have a glass bottle concentrate like from e-Cig or Clyrolinx.
How the hell do you drip out of those bottles, they drive me nuts.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Is there something I am missing?

It makes life a lot easier pouring in the VG/PG and dripping in the concentrates from the plastic dropper bottles. No syringes less mess, cool.
What happens when you have a glass bottle concentrate like from e-Cig or Clyrolinx.
I use 1ml and 3ml syringes.. Got like 10.. So mixing is a breeze..

Or you could use one of those plastic pipettes @GregF ?
I am a wannabe DIYer and trying to help ;-)

Thanks @786country @Silver but that just defeats the object of the scale.
I do use the syringes but was hoping the scale would negate that.

Last edited:

The juices came out very good, I just tested the Bombies after the initial 2x 30 min baths and left it to cool overnight. Tasted perfect the next morning.
This morning in I ran the Strawberry shortcake through 2 more 30min cycles and the colour has changed a lot. It still cooling in the cupboard so I haven't same it yet.
043c8ce46ca378e3220a60465bd3965e.jpg

The one I bought is a real cheapie, I didn't want to drop 2k on something I wasnt sure of. I found mine on gumtree, if you search Ultrasonic Cleaner there is the same one selling for R699 in MidRand. I got the same one but from a different seller. What I liked was the timer could do 30min at a time.

On my next batch I mix up later I will am going to do a 2 hour USC cycle, then leave the juices over night and repeat the cycle again the next day. Hopefully simulating 2 weeks over 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The juices came out very good, I just tested the Bombies after the initial 2x 30 min baths and left it to cool overnight. Tasted perfect the next morning.
This morning in I ran the Strawberry shortcake through 2 more 30min cycles and the colour has changed a lot. It still cooling in the cupboard so I haven't same it yet.

The one I bought is a real cheapie, I didn't want to drop 2k on something I wasnt sure of. I found mine on gumtree, if you search Ultrasonic Cleaner there is the same one selling for R699 in MidRand. I got the same one but from a different seller. What I liked was the timer could do 30min at a time.

On my next batch I mix up later I will am going to do a 2 hour USC cycle, then leave the juices over night and repeat the cycle again the next day. Hopefully simulating 2 weeks over 2 days.

That's sound good man.. Thanks .. I think ill be getting one..

In their plastic bottles?
So it does work with a plastic bottle, no need for a glass bottle.
Maybe the glass bottle would work more efficiently?

Buy 10ml dropper bottles from BLCKVapour and transfer the liquid from the glass bottles. This is also best practice for nicotine as the air in the bottle can degrade nicotine over time (emptier it gets the more air in the bottle) I transfer my 100ml nicotine into 10 x 10ml dripper bottles. Works like a charm for mixing and storage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I decanted my concentrates from e_Cig into 10 ml HDPE bottles - the same ones we get the concentrates in from the other vendors.

In their plastic bottles?
So it does work with a plastic bottle, no need for a glass bottle.
Maybe the glass bottle would work more efficiently?
I have wondered the same thing and I have received some clear glass dripper bottles from blckvapour. I'll be mixing in these while watching the F1.
After that first run, changes for round 2 will be, glass bottles and a initial 2hr usc cycle followed by another 2hr usc the next day.

I'll take some before and after pics and update here :D

Hey man.. I got the usc... Does it make any noise when it's in operation? I'm using same one as yours.. Worried mines isn't working. There isn't any noise or movement at all.. ... Lemme know

Hey man.. I got the usc... Does it make any noise when it's in operation? I'm using same one as yours.. Worried mines isn't working. There isn't any noise or movement at all.. ... Lemme know

If you have the same one it should make a soft buzzing sound which u will easily hear at 50W. I cut off that horrible European 2pin plug and fitted a 3pin. The original euro pin and adapter didn't work at all.
I really think the usc works like they say, check the pic of the SSC after it had cooled. It's darker than before :D
023a001546cb26d77279a733b43f468a.jpg

If you have the same one it should make a soft buzzing sound which u will easily hear at 50W. I cut off that horrible European 2pin plug and fitted a 3pin. The original euro pin and adapter didn't work at all.
I really think the usc works like they say, check the pic of the SSC after it had cooled. It's darker than before :D
023a001546cb26d77279a733b43f468a.jpg

Haha when I shake the device a little something moves inside... I dont think that suppose to happen.. Does it happen to you?

Haha when I shake the device a little something moves inside... I dont think that suppose to happen.. Does it happen to you?

I think you have dud one and ironically I managed to break mine now too
I had a little too much water in and when I left it to do its thing with the lid on it wet the insides.
I got it drying out now, fingers crossed

2666ab6070376e96d61138963e857317.jpg

Today was a good day for mixing.
Experimentes with the usc, made 1 batch of a Strawberry cream and had it in the usc for 2hrs total. The other I am using the tried and tested tested shake and leave method.

Can't wait to see which came out better...

Back