Calling all DIY'ers

@BumbleBee I did see that one, will give it a go, just need to order some of the concentrates. But finding them all in one place seems to be tricky

Hi @PsiSan

What about this one:

Peanutella
GRAHAM CRACKER 3%
MARSHMALLOW 3%
PEANUT BUTTER 8%
STRAWBERRY RIPE 2%
VANILLA CUSTARD 5%

All TFA

I made this yesterday and it smelled very nice. Have not vaped it yet. Will test it at 7 and 14 days.

First diy

TFA guava 6 %
Tfa dx juicy peach 6 %
60 / 40 pg vg
6 mg nic

Must say it does taste nice but more guava than I would have liked

Sent from Mars

First diy

TFA guava 6 %
Tfa dx juicy peach 6 %
60 / 40 pg vg
6 mg nic

Sent from Mars
That's an interesting combo, sounds good :)

That TFA Guava is pretty strong, and very "dry", try it at 3% and leave the Peach at 6%

First diy

TFA guava 6 %
Tfa dx juicy peach 6 %
60 / 40 pg vg
6 mg nic

Sent from Mars

That sounds great @gertvanjoe
Now try add some menthol and see what happens...

:couch:

Going to try a small batch of FW Nutella and FW Waffle. Average flavour % seems to be 3%. Think these two flavours with a few drops of sucralose would go down well ?

Has anyone tried Monster Melons with Cantaloupe not from TFA? Like the FA or FW versions? Maybe even that TFA Honeydew LL flavor? Anyone tried subbing it with a different one?

Monster Melons I have tuned it so much that its perfect and delicious for my pallet that I might just go ahead and spend the extra shipping to get the stuff somewhere else.

EDIT: I have decided to give FA Cantaloupe a shot and see how that goes. I love FA and have heard great things about their Cantaloupe. Will give some feedback here :)

Last edited:
That's an interesting combo, sounds good :)

That TFA Guava is pretty strong, and very "dry", try it at 3% and leave the Peach at 6%

I have been messing with guava for a while and found my happy place at 1.5% , you get the guava flavour without the dryness . at above 6% its like guava pips strong and a bit bitter

OK mixed up a few things the last couple of days.

100ml Hic's Black Barrel Whiskey Mac (Thanks to @Andre for the intro here)
100ml Hic's Coconut Brandy (Thanks to @Andre for the intro here)
50ml Hic's Tiramisu and Nonna (Thanks to @rogue zombie for the intro here)
50ml Hic's Creamy Strawberry Malt (here)
50ml Rocketpuppy RY4 (Thanks to @rogue zombie for the intro here)
20ml Da Vinci (Thanks to @rogue zombie here. I need to see if I like the Perique Black before I dive into the 50ml)
50ml My own Creamy Coconut Tobacco (Ideas stolen from @Andre here will let you know how it turns out)
100ml Bora Bora White (Thanks to @Andre from one of his posts, cant find it now, for getting me into this. HIC)

Now I need to get a few of @Viper_SA concentrates so I can try some of his recipes which look great.

Time to get out Hic's Light American Cig Replacement while this stuff hides away for a few days.

OK mixed up a few things the last couple of days.

100ml Hic's Black Barrel Whiskey Mac (Thanks to @Andre for the intro here)
100ml Hic's Coconut Brandy (Thanks to @Andre for the intro here)
50ml Hic's Tiramisu and Nonna (Thanks to @rogue zombie for the intro here)
50ml Hic's Creamy Strawberry Malt (here)
50ml Rocketpuppy RY4 (Thanks to @rogue zombie for the intro here)
20ml Da Vinci (Thanks to @rogue zombie here. I need to see if I like the Perique Black before I dive into the 50ml)
50ml My own Creamy Coconut Tobacco (Ideas stolen from @Andre here will let you know how it turns out)
100ml Bora Bora White (Thanks to @Andre from one of his posts, cant find it now, for getting me into this. HIC)

Now I need to get a few of @Viper_SA concentrates so I can try some of his recipes which look great.

Time to get out Hic's Light American Cig Replacement while this stuff hides away for a few days.
Great stuff. Looking forward to your impressions.

I tried the Creamy Strawberry Malt today. All I taste is malt, no strawberry. First recipe of HIC that I do not like at all. Maybe I made a mistake when mixing, although I can smell the strawberry. Will be good to hear what you experience with this one.

Nice @GregF, a nice selection there!

I can't get enough of Borra White, and Tiramisu Nonna.

Finished a bottle of Black Barrel Whisky in days too. Now I need FA Whisky to make a big batch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wish I liked Nonna, just doesn't seem to agree with me in any recipe I've tried, and I went all out and bought a litre of it because I was so excited when it launched :p

Same with Vienna Cream to a lesser extent, just tastes weird to me, but vienna at least seems to behave better in a mix.

Anyway on a happier note, I'm totally into FA apricot at the moment, it's so good! Mixes great with caramels & creams too, hopefully I can post up a decent recipe if what I'm working on doesn't go to steeping hell ;-)

Have you tried the Black Barrel Whisky mac without the mac.
Leave out the Cardamom and Marzipan. :aaaaa:

aaaaah forgot about that. Now I have to make some of that too.

Great stuff. Looking forward to your impressions.

I tried the Creamy Strawberry Malt today. All I taste is malt, no strawberry. First recipe of HIC that I do not like at all. Maybe I made a mistake when mixing, although I can smell the strawberry. Will be good to hear what you experience with this one.

Just looking at that, I can't see how 2.5% strawberry is going to stand up to all that cream.. the FA strawb isn't quite as strong as usual.
Also, as per HIC's notes, this stuff has to be WELL SHAKEN before use, I initially had some problems with it when I was buying it in 10ml sizes, when I started getting larger sizes from FA and shaking well, the strawberry seemed to work better, so maybe that's the problem.

Last edited:
I wish I liked Nonna, just doesn't seem to agree with me in any recipe I've tried, and I went all out and bought a litre of it because I was so excited when it launched

Same with Vienna Cream to a lesser extent, just tastes weird to me, but vienna at least seems to behave better in a mix.

Anyway on a happier note, I'm totally into FA apricot at the moment, it's so good! Mixes great with caramels & creams too, hopefully I can post up a decent recipe if what I'm working on doesn't go to steeping hell ;-)
I'm pretty sure you could sub Nonna for Yellow Cake in most places.

With Tiramisu... oh my, cake is yummy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm vaping on DiyorDie Goldenticket, and my weirdness with chocolate juice is back.

I smell it definitely is chocolate juice, but it just tastes like sweet "something". Every 20th or so puff I think I'm tasting chocolate, then it goes away.

It's still pleasant, but not chocolate as we know it.

@Andre try the FA strawbeery with an added 0.5% INW strawberry kiss. I like that combo

I'm vaping on DiyorDie Goldenticket, and my weirdness with chocolate juice is back.

I smell it definitely is chocolate juice, but it just tastes like sweet "something". Every 20th or so puff I think I'm tasting chocolate, then it goes away.

I get that often too, especially with double chocolate clear.

I can finally make a contribution to this thread. I've cloned ANML Looper and Carnage and Monster Melons successfully l. All great recipes I just copied.

But my own recipe as a spin on my ADV which is XXX
TFA Strawberry Ripe 12%
TFA Litchi 2%
TFA EM 0.5%
Sweetener 2%
TFA Menthol 1%

You can drop the Strawberry Ripe to 10% if it's too much strawberry.

@Silver might enjoy this one. You might just up the menthol to 1.5%

Just looking at that, I can't see how 2.5% strawberry is going to stand up to all that cream.. the FA strawb isn't quite as strong as usual.
Also, as per HIC's notes, this stuff has to be WELL SHAKEN before use, I initially had some problems with it when I was buying it in 10ml sizes, when I started getting larger sizes from FA and shaking well, the strawberry seemed to work better, so maybe that's the problem.
Yeah, thanks, I read that too. I do make a point to shake them bottles well and this is a 30 ml bottle. But maybe I missed this one. Shall wait for @GregF's impressions to decide whether to mix it up again.

I wish I liked Nonna, just doesn't seem to agree with me in any recipe I've tried, and I went all out and bought a litre of it because I was so excited when it launched :p

I would love a real apricot taste in a juice.

I have been trying some chocolates in my Bowdens quest, but am struggling to find anything that tastes like real chocolate.

Back