Calling all DIY'ers

Some recipes!

It's been ages since I've contributed here. Below are two recipes in the making. I've played around with these combinations now for a bit, and I like these as core recipes for anybody with some time and enthusiasm to build on (I'm always lacking one of these at any given time lately). Both can really benefit from some layering in order to make them into something special, but for now, they're just damn tasty combinations!

Kiwi Mojito

Kiwi Double (TFA) - 2.5%
Mojito (TFA) - 8%
Pear (TFA) - 3%

Thanks for @rogue zombie for introducing me to the wonders of TFA Mojito! Very interesting concentrate to use as a base!

Anyway, this recipe is pretty much shake-and-vape - I haven't noticed any significant changes over time, except for the Kiwi which tends to fade a bit. It is easy to overdo the Kiwi, which makes it a throat-killer. My previous batches had 1.5 to 2 % Kiwi, which is fine for the first few days but doesn't last long enough, so I'm hoping this will work. I've got a 3.5% steeping as well, but atm that is too strong for me.
The Mojito cancels some of the potency of the Kiwi, which is exactly what it needed, without losing the fantastic mojito flavour (generally, a herby/green/minty/limey flavour). It becomes surprisingly mellow after that, which I like. On the other hand, the pear is in there to add some bite and juice back to the Kiwi. I still need to adjust the pear amount, as I think a bit more might be needed, but I'm not sure how the final taste will be influenced. If you want to sub the pear, you can consider using Dragonfruit or even Strawberry ripe (more or less same percentages) to give a bit more of a fruit edge to the Kiwi, or FA Jamaican Rum to add some juice, at 1 to 1.5% . I've also tried variations of Lime concentrates, but most of these add a strong zest/bitter note, which works contrary to both the Mojito and the Kiwi in this mix. Finally, as I've said, this is just the core recipe, and it can be built on quite effectively I think - unfortunately, I've got zero time to run multiple variations in order to figure out how.

Raspberry Litchi

Litchi (TFA) - 7%
Raspberry (INW) - 1%
Sweet Coconut (FLV) - 1.5%
Greek Yoghurt (TFA) - 3%

Thanks for @Paulie , I think - this is probably still a remnant of trying to remix his Aphrodite's Nipples.

Litchi (TFA) has a strong Grandma's Foot Cream vibe, but if masked, has an interesting profile. Suspiciously non-Litchi profile, but interesting all the same. Adding the Raspberry (INW) to Litchi masks quite a lot of the Foot Cream, and blends crazily well with the supposedly Litchi flavours present in TFA Litchi (after 2 days' steep - before then it's just nastiness!). Yoghurt mixes well here, although I haven't tried other creams, and the Sweet Coconut is just a wonderful flavour which works well with Litchi and Raspberry. The %'s of these two can still be adjusted, as well as anything else which might be needed, but the mix is good as it stands here. NOT for everyone though!

Now, I've recently received Litchi (FA), which seems to be a much more promising Litchi (in the vein of sweetened commercial Litchi juice), so I have to still remake this recipe using FA Litchi. But that said... I think it is the distinctly non-Litchi flavours of TFA Litchi which works well here. Time will tell.

Last edited:
What works for me, really works. This is how Ive been doing it for the last 6 months plus:

• Heat the inititial mix in warm water for half a minute or so, just to thin out the VG, so its more accepting of the rest.
  • Froth for 10-20 seconds (this is my mixing mixing part). If I had a magnetic stirrer to do this more gently, I would use that.
  • Seal and place in dark cool cubpoard.
  • Gentle shake and open it up once or twice a week for a few seconds, then seal it up and rest more.
My findings have been that the initital mixing is important. With just a normal shake up, I used to find 'Hotspots' for the lack of a better term. With the frothing, once the curing is done, its done - the juice's taste is consistent.

I don't cook the juice as I mix with nic, so I dont want any oxidation.
I've also heard of heating resulting in a shorter lifespan.

Thanks ;-)

Honey, my nemesis - the recipe has changed sooo many times now. If you're after a fairly authentic honey, a good starting point is FA Honey at around 0.25-0.5% with some sweetening, which can come from sweetener, caramel or a fruit like fuji, fig or even peach.
Then some creams - fresh cream is pretty good and neutral.

Something like:

FA Honey 0.25 - 0.5%
FA Caramel 1%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
optional Sucralose 0.5%
Fruit of choice or leave out .

Another thing that goes well with this type of setup is nuts - almond, hazelnut etc.

Needs a good few days (5 at least) for the honey to steep.

Don't know if you tried it yet, but I think I found a winner honey concentrate in FLV Honey Bee. Added to your suggested recipe and it's pretty good, the FA Honey alone didn't do it for me.

Give this a whirl if you're still chasing the honey dream:

FA Honey 0.5%
FLV Honey Bee 0.75% - 1%
FA Caramel 1%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
Sucralose 0.5%

Don't know if you tried it yet, but I think I found a winner honey concentrate in FLV Honey Bee. Added to your suggested recipe and it's pretty good, the FA Honey alone didn't do it for me.

Give this a whirl if you're still chasing the honey dream:

FA Honey 0.5%
FLV Honey Bee 0.75% - 1%
FA Caramel 1%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
Sucralose 0.5%

Good recipe. What sucarlose solution are you using? TFA or DIY?

Try cutting out the honey bee completely and doubling the fresh cream. I found that even at 1 drop / 30ml, honey bee was doing something weird to the mix...

Good recipe. What sucarlose solution are you using? TFA or DIY?

Try cutting out the honey bee completely and doubling the fresh cream. I found that even at 1 drop / 30ml, honey bee was doing something weird to the mix...

I use TFA Sweetener. Strange you say that I should cut honey bee, I first tried the mix without Honey Bee (didn't have it yet) and it was nice, but didn't really taste like real honey to me. The Honey Bee actually pushed it into a more authentic honey for me. I would even go as far as to rather drop the FA Honey completely, but they seem to compliment each other well too. Saying that, this only steeped 1 week, so maybe you know something I don't after a longer steep?

Or maybe it's one of those cases like VBIC where some love it long time while to others it tastes like pepper bum hole.

Are there dirty words behind those censored blocks?:p That looks good, will definitely give it a try! How does the honey pair with custard? Can imagine it would give a nice fullness to it.

Extremely.

I wanted a touch of vanilla surprisingly V1 worked really well - although I am one of the peppernilla people.

I get a real honey hard candy flavour from the honey bee, but there's always a nasty cold/floral undertone for me. Just couldn't make it work, but ended up finding something else that does ;)

Can anybody maybe help me to get ethyl maltol crystals? or we can i buy sweetener that works for diy'ing ? From pharmacists or chemical companies ? I want to cut down on cost , ordering a small amount from a vendor is going to get to expensive?

I think I finally get the pepper that some people get when using VBIC. For me it's more like a Throat hit than pepper taste.
Today I was dripping some Mustard Milk and I was getting a bit of throat hit, almost like I had out 6mg Nic instead of 3mg.

I did mix up another batch of MM but this time I cut the vbic to 5% and added another 3% cream. From what I read the pepperyness kicks in when using vbic in higher percentages.

Can anyone suggest another vbic that doesn't have this TH or pepperyness?

Intro
I think I finally get the pepper that some people get when using VBIC. For me it's more like a Throat hit than pepper taste.
Today I was dripping some Mustard Milk and I was getting a bit of throat hit, almost like I had out 6mg Nic instead of 3mg.

I did mix up another batch of MM but this time I cut the vbic to 5% and added another 3% cream. From what I read the pepperyness kicks in when using vbic in higher percentages.

Can anyone suggest another vbic that doesn't have this TH or pepperyness?

FW or CAP

For a MM substitute I'd go with the FW which is closer to the TFA flavour. CAP vbic is quite similar to the CAP vanilla custard but less eggy.

To me, TFA VBIC even smells like black pepper.

Intro

FW or CAP

To me, TFA VBIC even smells like black pepper.

Thanks @method1, I'll try both the Cap and FW VBIC, thank you for narrowing it down for me.
I cant smell the pepper but then again I can't smell much, I have been suffering with a head cold and sinus since Friday.

I just want to have a simple smooth strawb and ice cream without the throat hit.

Thanks @method1, I'll try both the Cap and FW VBIC, thank you for narrowing it down for me.
I cant smell the pepper but then again I can't smell much, I have been suffering with a head cold and sinus since Friday.

I just want to have a simple smooth strawb and ice cream without the throat hit.

This is super basic and not very complex but it's a pleasant strawberry cream that I like to mix sometimes:

Strawberry Ripe 5-6% (or strawberry ripe 3%, cap sweet strawberry 3%)
FA Meringue 1%
FA Marshmallow 0.5
Sucralose 0.5-1%

Last edited:
This is super basic and not very complex but it's a pleasant strawberry cream that I like to mix sometimes:

Strawberry Ripe 5-6% (or strawberry ripe 3%, cap sweet strawberry 3%)
FA Meringue 1%
FA Marshmallow 0.5
Sucralose 0.5-1%

Thank you sir, added Meringue to Blck vapour cart :D

Anyone for some light cake?

Marz Cake

FA Marzipan 2%
FA Almond 0.4%
FW Yellow Cake 2%
FA Caramel 0.6%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%

My mom used to make this light yellow sponge cake when I was little. It was light vanilla sponge, with a thin layer of cream and caramel, sprinkled with nuts on top. A humble, light tasting cake... but lovely!

So Marzipan is made from (or compared with) Almond Paste.

@Mike pointed out that FW Yellow Cake is stronger that I thought, hence the low percentage.

A little Almond to compliment the Marzipan. A little Vienna Cream to compliment the Caramel....and you have Marz Cake.

A light yellow sponge with a light creamy, nutty finish. Its not too sweet, not heavy in any way and quite yummy.

Anyone for some light cake?

Marz Cake

FA Marzipan 2%
FA Almond 0.4%
FW Yellow Cake 2%
FA Caramel 0.6%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%

My mom used to make this light yellow sponge cake when I was little. It was light vanilla sponge, with a thin layer of cream and caramel, sprinkled with nuts on top. A humble, light tasting cake... but lovely!

So Marzipan is made from (or compared with) Almond Paste.

@Mike pointed out that FW Yellow Cake is stronger that I thought, hence the low percentage.

A little Almond to compliment the Marzipan. A little Vienna Cream to compliment the Caramel....and you have Marz Cake.

A light yellow sponge with a light creamy, nutty finish. Its not too sweet, not heavy in any way and quite yummy.

Nice man thanks for this, I think I have everything to make it. Keen

Dr Pepper (Recipe released)

"Quote"
hey guys, we are making some changes to the flavor line up and adding new ones and some have gone away.
This has been the most requested " think you can hook me up with the recipe?" lol. So since its gone and not coming back I figured why not , you can make it your own with whatever little neat twist you want but if your looking for a Dr Pepper vape there is no better starting place than this :)

0.5% FA Almond
1% FA Black Cherry
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% FA Caramel
2% FA Cola
0.5% FA marzipan
Thank you for this one @Sickboy77.
Took a first taste today (born on 26 May 2016). A unique cola fizzy taste and very refreshing. Will certainly mix it again.

Back