Calling all DIY'ers

Found a new way to mix my juice and pre-blends. We have a particle size distribution machine at work. Used to seperate smaller polypropylene spheres from larger spheres and fines to determine catalyst effevtiveness etc. Basically a large vibrator with different sized sieves. Unfortunately I can not upload a video, but this is the general idea in pictures. An hour in this thing and I can start to see subtle color changes.

20161208_144337.jpg

Attachments

• 20161208_144330.jpg
    20161208_144330.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 36
Found a new way to mix my juice and pre-blends. We have a particle size distribution machine at work. Used to seperate smaller polypropylene spheres from larger spheres and fines to determine catalyst effevtiveness etc. Basically a large vibrator with different sized sieves. Unfortunately I can not upload a video, but this is the general idea in pictures. An hour in this thing and I can start to see subtle color changes.

View attachment 78116
Awesome! Does Sir Vape sell these, or would blckvapour be my best bet?
:tongueclosed:

I think it would be a tad expensive bud :D

View attachment 78116

giphy.gif

Ok so last night i made a recipe as i once vaped a bottle of Wiener Vape Good boy which is a tabacco juice and loved it. I first thought it was Peanutbutter and chocolate which i made and turned out great but it wasnt it what i tasted.

Yesterday bought some TPA RFY4 Double and made some magic.

TPA RY4 Double - 4%
CAP Peanutbutter V2 - 4%
CAP Sweet Cream - 1%
TPA Double Chocolate - 1%

Shake the hell out of it and vaped and TBH its got the exact taste of Good Boy but to me its even better.

Not sure if this is classified as a Clone then but if we are not allowed to post local juices (Referring to the debate had on this thread some time back) Then please remove.

Been Vaping it the whole day and loving it! Might decrease the peanutbutter a little so that i get more of the RY4 taste.

Peace!
RY4... dont tweak steep for a few weeks. It is going to get super rich and caramely at 4 percent give it some time.

Awesome! Does Sir Vape sell these, or would blckvapour be my best bet?
:tongueclosed:

Hey man - you can pick up an ultrasonic water bath for ~R600. That will accelerate your steeping massively. Couple hours in there is equivalent to 5 - 7 days or so. Just google "ultrasonic jewelry cleaner" and you'll find one. bidorbuy or gumtree will probably have. If you need any help or advice just drop me a pm and I'll do my best.

Hey man - you can pick up an ultrasonic water bath for ~R600. That will accelerate your steeping massively. Couple hours in there is equivalent to 5 - 7 days or so. Just google "ultrasonic jewelry cleaner" and you'll find one. bidorbuy or gumtree will probably have. If you need any help or advice just drop me a pm and I'll do my best.
Debatable. It APPROXIMATES a real steep, kinda ballpark of the real taste but not quite the same. Spoke about it at length with many people, most notably Zeki from Pompous Pom reckoned this method is only good for tests to help indicate a directio. I had some of Miss Daisy as it came out the ultrasonic, the true steeped version is MUCH fluffier and more complex in over tones.

Just saying... not recommended for keeper bottles

Thanks man, but I'm old school and simply steep my juices. If there's one thing DIY has taught me it's patience.

I love waiting for my juices. I sampled my Morning Rain and Am4a today, which have both been steeping for about ten days so far. Coming along nicely but they still need to settle more. So back into the cupboard they go and I sit on the rocking chair in my dungarees and pick up the newspaper, Jack Daniels style. No rush - I have 26 juices on my desk currently. :eek:

I love waiting for my juices. I sampled my Morning Rain and Am4a today, which have both been steeping for about ten days so far. Coming along nicely but they still need to settle more. So back into the cupboard they go and I sit on the rocking chair in my dungarees and pick up the newspaper, Jack Daniels style. No rush - I have 26 juices on my desk currently. :eek:

I hope to learn from you Oh! Wise One, when my box of DIY potions and elixirs arrive, probably end up failing miserably similar to Harry Potter when he tried casting his first spell! I suppose that is the joy of DIY, always learning in the hope of mastering this facet of our vaping journey. Looks like I need to go shopping for dungarees, will give the newspaper a miss, will keep using my tablet to read.

Debatable. It APPROXIMATES a real steep, kinda ballpark of the real taste but not quite the same. Spoke about it at length with many people, most notably Zeki from Pompous Pom reckoned this method is only good for tests to help indicate a directio. I had some of Miss Daisy as it came out the ultrasonic, the true steeped version is MUCH fluffier and more complex in over tones.

For sure man, the true steeped juice is the best. I said it accelerates the steep. Not that it's a replacement. A sonicated flavour will better approximate the steeped product than a shake and vape. Use this when whipping up a whole bunch of recipes to try perfect a flavour. Better to try see on the day where it's going, and make a few more based on that. :p

I whole heartedly agree with you on this, I spent R750 on a Mag Stirrer I imported and another R120 on a reptile heating pad. The end result after much trial and error is that while a Mag stirrer helps to reduce the steep time, it's not a replacement for steeping. I found it reduced the steep time needed for creams and custards down to a week but I also found that it degraded flavour slightly.

A experiment I did was to mix up some Unicorn Milk, this is a flavour I know very well, sat it on the mag stirrer in a beaker on the heat pad and let the machine do it's thing for 6 hours while I slept. The next day the colour had changed to where it looked like it had steeped for 2 weeks. A taste comparison between the a bottle I had steeped in a cupboard for 2 weeks and this newly mixed and stirred juice was huge. The cupboard steeped bottle was richer and creamier and the strawberry was silky smooth, the mag stirrer steeped bottle was good but tasted muted with more strawberry than creamy milk. It tasted a little "raw" for the lack of a better word.

Needless to say I don't even use my mag stirrer or the heating pad anymore. Just mix, shake and forget (with the occasional gentle shake every few days) - there's simply no substitute for time.

Disclaimer: These are my experiences with using a mag stirrer YMMV

PS: If anyone is looking for a mag stirrer, I have one and a heat pad for sale..

I didn't want to put this in the 1 or 2 flavours thread after @Rude Rudi's Creme Brulee suggestion because I haven't tried it. And it's not 1 or 2 flavours. But it links to Rudi's Creme Brulee report. Wayne mixed this up on his latest podcast and reckons it's good:

TFA Banana Cream 1.5%
Inw Creme Brulee 1%
Flv Milk & Honey 1%
FW Creamy Hazelnut 1.5%
JF Bavarian Cream 3%
FW Butterscotch Ripple 3%

JF = Jungle Flavors and it should be noted that it's Creamy Hazelnut, not standard FW Hazelnut.

I have a sudden hankering for Creme Brulee, Eggnog (Colton reckons FW's is very good), Horchata (FW again) type flavours. I reckon a base of FW Tres Leches with Dulce de Leche, Eggnog, Creme Brulee and a heaped tbsp (<--- note the B) of straight diacetyl will hit the spot. I will call it Popcorn Lung Goop. I reckon that after vaping that, I'll be like a baby after feeding, with thick milky formula running down my chin and dropping onto my baby-gro as I look around with that curiously startled look that babies get, burping occasionally. Bliss.

I didn't want to put this in the 1 or 2 flavours thread after @Rude Rudi's Creme Brulee suggestion because I haven't tried it. And it's not 1 or 2 flavours. But it links to Rudi's Creme Brulee report. Wayne mixed this up on his latest podcast and reckons it's good:

TFA Banana Cream 1.5%
Inw Creme Brulee 1%
Flv Milk & Honey 1%
FW Creamy Hazelnut 1.5%
JF Bavarian Cream 3%

JF = Jungle Flavors and it should be noted that it's Creamy Hazelnut, not standard FW Hazelnut.

I have a sudden hankering for Creme Brulee, Eggnog (Colton reckons FW's is very good), Horchata (FW again) type flavours. I reckon a base of FW Tres Leches with Dulce de Leche, Eggnog, Creme Brulee and a heaped tbsp (<--- note the B) of straight diacetyl will hit the spot. I will call it Popcorn Lung Goop. I reckon that after vaping that, I'll be like a baby after feeding, with thick milky formula running down my chin and dropping onto my baby-gro as I look around with that curiously startled look that babies get, burping occasionally. Bliss.
I used to love Wayne... but now my wallet just hates him. Always guaranteed to miss a concentrate or two for every new recipe.
Yup I already took Death By Diacetyl lol

TFA Banana Cream 1.5%
Inw Creme Brulee 1%
Flv Milk & Honey 1%
FW Creamy Hazelnut 1.5%
JF Bavarian Cream 3%

Sounds intriguing but alas, I have ordered my final December top ups as well as few new flavours to play with. As per the first rule of DIY, I am unable to mix this one up without subbing... I am going to have to put this on the January to-do list....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm looking for an apricot jam filled donut recipe... I don't know if it's a South African thing, but I can't for the life of me find a recipe anywhere?

I have CLY Apricot and all the regular donut concentrates.

Please help a desperate brother out...

That's easy. Mix up all your regular donut concentrates and add the apricot.....sorted. And you thought this diy thing was difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's easy. Mix up all your regular donut concentrates and add the apricot.....sorted. And you thought this day thing was difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LOL... that's exactly why I'm asking - tried that already!

Want something along the lines of the Paulies version...

Maybe add 0.3% FA Meringue and 0.3 - 0.5% FA Maple Syrup to create the "jam" bit

Never had the Paulies but knocked together an apricot jammy 'donut' a while back.
TFA Glazed Donut 3.5 percent
TFA Vanilla Cupcake 1.2 percent (bready half cooked inside texture)
FA Cream Fresh 1.2 percent
CAP Butter Cream 2 percent
FW Apricot (it is jammy all on its own already nom nom nom) 4 percent
CAP Sugar Cookie v2 0.8 percent
FA Meringue 0.75 percent
FA Marzipan 0.6 percent
Ethyl Maltol solution 0.6 percent.

Maybe add 0.3% FA Meringue and 0.3 - 0.5% FA Maple Syrup to create the "jam" bit
@Rude Rudi I think the FA Meringue would work well here and the Maple also to sweeten it up - However Donut and Apricot are generally High Notes - you need something doughy and / or creamy to give some weight to your recipe.

@RichJB - What do you think? I mean you can go two routes here - you can try thicken up that donut with cake batter, yellow cake extremely low %% or you can aim to cream the F out of that apricot with Bavarian and or Whipped cream?? what route would you go??

Haven't tasted Paulies version, is it legit?

Give FA Arminian Apricat a bash, it has gotten me a bit closer in my tries for a jam donut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back