Failing diy causing me to resort to stinkies!!!

Not sweet enough and has almost a grainy feel in my mouth
Try reducing the Coconut or removing it completely. You can add Vannilla Swirl or Vanilla bean ice cream to smooth out the mix and give it a nice mouth feel. This is my suggestion going on the flavours you have on the list, and what I would do myself so only my personal opinion. The Vanilla will ad a little sweet taste if you let it steep but if you want it even sweeter add some Cotton Candy, but not too much as it will increase the "grainy scratchy taste" Let me know how it works out!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

I havent been successful at making my own yet but I'm hoping this site will help me.
Ejuice.PNG

So you create a flavor stash (basically list of what you have) then you can filter recipes others have tried using the flavors you have, sort my rating using the arrow next to the rating column and hopefully your/we are away.

Try reducing the Coconut or removing it completely. You can add Vannilla Swirl or Vanilla bean ice cream to smooth out the mix and give it a nice mouth feel. This is my suggestion going on the flavours you have on the list, and what I would do myself so only my personal opinion. The Vanilla will ad a little sweet taste if you let it steep but if you want it even sweeter add some Cotton Candy, but not too much as it will increase the "grainy scratchy taste" Let me know how it works out!
Thanks @Rooigevaar, will give this a try and see. Also just ordered som em and marshmellow from @skyblue

Hi @Sickboy77

Hang in there - you are doing well so far! Dont give up hope

I cant advise you on proper DIY, but will just try help by giving you an idea you could use in the meantime until you make some great vapable DIY mixes of your own:

Buy a ready made local juice that you like - but get it in 18mg. Then just add a PG/VG mix to get the nic strength down to your liking - say 9mg. Then you will have roughly halved the price of the juice. If the original flavour is strong enough, the final mix should be fine. It may have less flavour but it should be able to carry you until you figure out your DIY.

I have been doing diy for a couple of months now, most of my mixes tastes horrible or just bland like raw vg/pg....

Ive keep spending money on diy stuff, mixes not working out. I buy a couple of premium liquids to keep me going until i can tastes my mixes...

The problem is now,
I cannot keep buying diy and joose as the cost is getting out of hand and i end up falling back to stinkies :(

Can anyone please help me with some basic recipes so i dont resort to stinkies...

I Cut down from a box a day to like 2 a day, but when my joose tastes like garbage and i have no other joose, stinkies are my fall back and i hate it.

Hey There!

When it comes to DIY You must not rush the whole experience! I for one have been doing it for almost 1 year and i still have so much to learn but i am super passionate about it! Also i dont recommend doing diy if your a new vaper and still have not kicked the habit! However if you are persistent and want to continue down the Only vaping DIY path then you have to accept that you will be making kuk juice as its a massive learning curve and one of the best things to doing DIY is experience. I would recommend to start off with some basic recipes that are on the forum and build up from there! Also if you can try and skype, call or msg some of the pro DIYers out there and ask them as many questions as possible! I would be happy to help also so dont be shy to ask! Dont give up and dont go back to stinkies!!

Last edited:
Hey There!

When it comes to DIY You must not rush the whole experience! I for one have been doing it for almost 1 year and i still have so much to learn but i am super passionate about it! Also i dont recommend doing diy if your a new vaper and still have not kicked the habit! However if you are persistent and want to continue down the Only vaping DIY path then you have to accept that you will be making kuk juice as its a massive learning curve and one of the best things to doing DIY is experience. I would recommend to start off with some basic recipes that are on the forum and build up from there! Also if you can try and skype, call or msg some of the pro DIYers out there and ask them as many questions as possible! I would be happy to help also so dont be shy to ask! Dont give up and dont go back to stinkies!!
Thanks @Paulie, i will not give up diy. Just becomes frustating, really pushing myself away from stinkies. To be honest its not really that hard for me anymore, but mishaps do happen and i will get it under control

A Nice Basic Custard Recipe for you:

CAP - Vanilla Custard (V2) 4%
TFA - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 2%
CAP - French Vanilla 1%
TFA - Graham Cracker (Clear) 1%
TPA - Coconut Extra 1%

It needs a good week in a dark cupboard but its lovely once steeped.

If it makes you feel better @Sickboy77, I totally failed at DIY after also spending considerable time and money. Now I only buy juices (local if at all possible) and I am content. From time to time as I read through all the DIY threads and have the opportunity to taste some winners from the DIY fundies, I have to slap myself to resist the temptation to try again.

I totally agree with @Paulie - do not go the DIY route whilst you are still in the process of kicking the stinky habit.

@rogue zombie's advice above also sounds sound to me.

I been smoking for about 25 years now, tried kicking the habit before vaping and failed everytime. Now that i am vaping, it is alot easier to do, but sometimes i get sucked back to stinkies. I will keep on going the diy until i get it right. Will stop the stinkies very very soon

@Sickboy77 I struggled to quit smoking for quite some time, I found an app called KWIT available on the google play store to be quite motivating and helpful in the process.

Thanks for all support and motivation guys, will not have another stinkie!!! Kuk mixes or not, all ur advice is noted and I WILL GET THIS DIY UNDER CONTROL ;)

Thanks for all support and motivation guys, will not have another stinkie!!!! Kuk mixes or not, at the end it will all be worth while.

Here is my motivation

Attachments

• 2016-01-26 14.53.26.jpg
    2016-01-26 14.53.26.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20160126_145502-1.jpg
    20160126_145502-1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 52
Waiting for the below:
Yogurt
Sweet cream
Lemon&lime
Em
Cinnamon danish

All arriving from skyblue tomoz
Be careful with Lemon Lime. It has some vitamin in it that makes it burn easily, which will stuff your juice up.

I've read you can counter it with 0.5 - 1% EM.

But I was put off the flavour, so I haven't tried.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

tfa lemon lime is indeed a dangerous flavourant. second what r z said above..

try a few of these as a safe start. i have not tried any of the recipes below as they stand, but am pretty confident that you will get a vapable juice out of these.

cap harvest berry @ 4-7%
tpa french vanilla @ 2%
tpa strawberry ripe 1 - 3 %
tpa sweet cream 2,5%
tpa vanilla bean ice cream @ 3%

This shouldnt really need sweetening, but will be better with a few days steep
if its not sweet enough you can add 1-2 % cotton candy

should be a pretty mellow smooth berry vape.

really need to know which blueberry that is... they vary in strength and profile massively from one manufacturer to another.

try tpa cinnamon danish - 3 - 5%(dont go too heavy too fast here)
sweet cream 2%
blueberry use below as a guide depending on your brand
tpa 6-8%
Fa 0.75 - 2%
cap 6 - 9%
tpa vanilla swirl 2,5
fa cinnamon cylon 0.5%

Will need time to steep.. 4 days plus
should be quite a safe mix

vanilla bean ice cream 5%
vanilla custard 5
coconut extra 1,5%

this will give you a mellow custard. try it alone first, afterwards you can try adding strawberry ripe 6%
or a berry etc.

the above should give you a start.. keep notes work clean and once you have a few standbys you can expand your range.. i am sure you will not be sure of help here.

good luck stay strong
Just mixed up a batch of the danish one i told me about. will leave it till next week and try it out and give u feedback

I would suggest making small(3ml) at recommended % of each flavor on there own and let them steep, so you have an idea what they taste like before you mix them with other flavors.That way you can avoid any nasty surprises down the line. You don't have to use nicotine in those testers to save on cost. Finding the correct balance when making a juice can take a few attempts and a juice can go from being rubbish to adv with a few tweaks in the %. It is hard enough finding your adv with the thousands of juices on the marked so don't give up.

Hi peeps sorry to raid this thread.
But I wanted to find out.
I wanna start diy and I see skyblue has a beginner kit. Is the kit worth the cash and where else can I find juice?
I don't even know what I need to get to start diy but I'm just scouting and learning for now.
Thanks fellow vapers

Hi peeps sorry to raid this thread.
But I wanted to find out.
I wanna start diy and I see skyblue has a beginner kit. Is the kit worth the cash and where else can I find juice?
I don't even know what I need to get to start diy but I'm just scouting and learning for now.
Thanks fellow vapers
Many helpful threads in this forum. Check them out.
EDIT: This thread gives you all the best links, check @zadiac's post: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/were-do-i-get-ingredients.t18971/

try a few of these as a safe start. i have not tried any of the recipes below as they stand, but am pretty confident that you will get a vapable juice out of these.

cap harvest berry @ 4-7%
tpa french vanilla @ 2%
tpa strawberry ripe 1 - 3 %
tpa sweet cream 2,5%
tpa vanilla bean ice cream @ 3%

This shouldnt really need sweetening, but will be better with a few days steep
if its not sweet enough you can add 1-2 % cotton candy

should be a pretty mellow smooth berry vape.

really need to know which blueberry that is... they vary in strength and profile massively from one manufacturer to another.

sweet cream 2%
tpa 6-8%
Fa 0.75 - 2%
cap 6 - 9%
tpa vanilla swirl 2,5
fa cinnamon cylon 0.5%

Will need time to steep.. 4 days plus
should be quite a safe mix

vanilla bean ice cream 5%
vanilla custard 5
coconut extra 1,5%

this will give you a mellow custard. try it alone first, afterwards you can try adding strawberry ripe 6%
or a berry etc.

the above should give you a start.. keep notes work clean and once you have a few standbys you can expand your range.. i am sure you will not be sure of help here.

good luck stay strong
sweet cream 2%
tpa 6-8%
Fa 0.75 - 2%
cap 6 - 9%
tpa vanilla swirl 2,5
fa cinnamon cylon 0.5%

Gave this a try after 1 day steep and i must say very very NICE!!!!
Will let it steep now till next week and give it a go again.
Thanks so much, finally got some confedence now to move forward ;)

very glad to read, that was untested, and just off the top of my head, so now you can start to tweak it and advance the recipe till it really is a complete juice and something you can mix in large quantity as a standby.
as a tip for moving forward try make single flavour small batches of any new flavourant you get and try them on a dripper to get an understanding of each one. strength, profile etc. it all helps move you towards better future mixes

Back