First DIY mix for me.

eJuice me up shows drops and ml and i prefer the drops for small batches.
eJuice me.PNG

Try mixing your flavors at a lower level. Below is a lesson I learnt from a well known guy on several forums around the world.

I started mixing my own liquids about a month after starting to vape, mostly because a fellow forum user pushed me on the Liberty Flights forum in the UK. I couldn't find a shop bought mix/flavor that I could use all day, and after being a smoker for 15 years and loving analog cigarettes. I had made a promise to my wife and myself that I would stop smoking when my daughter was born. I really, really loved smoking. It was a massive change because I had my last analog cigarette before lunch on the 1 March 2012 (3 months after my daughter was born), when I got my first ego battery, clearo and 36mg Totally Wicked Cuban cigar eliquid. After lunch I threw my box of analogs in the bin and went cold turkey. The nicotine fix was brilliant, but the feeling of satisfaction just wasn't there for me and I was sure I wouldn't stay off the stinky stix for very long.

A month or so later, I ordered a DIY kit and mixed a batch of eliquid that my forum buddy had suggested, but with my own flavor twist. I doubled his flavor amounts, because I thought his levels of flavor were far to low for my taste buds. I kept the nicotine levels high at around 30mg, and let it steep for a week. When i vaped the first bit of my liquid on a dripping atty, I loved it. I made a batch for my buddy at a much lower nicotine level of 11mg and popped it off in the post for him to taste. He had been vaping for just over a year at that stage and had been mixing for people and selling on the forum, because his liquid was in great demand and very limited quantities. He was going to taste it and give me pointers, but I was sure it would be the mutts nuts.

A week later he called me and gave me a review of what I was now calling K2N juice. I was very happy and satisfied with my first attempt at DIY eliquid, and because I had made it, was more settled into vaping and not having an analog cigarette. What he told me was that I need to cut down on the flavoring, and probably halve it, which was really strange, because I had never told him that I had doubled the flavors in the recipe.
I was shocked with the feedback and felt that i couldn't be wrong because it tasted great to me. He convinced me to mix a batch with a lower nicotine level and drop the flavors concentrate to what he had instructed. It would not only save me some money, but would also make the flavors stand out individually in the mix. I tried his way, and a week later a 20ml mix @ 18mg had steeped and was in a dripping atty, ready for the doubting me to endure.

What a shock I got when my doubt turned to delight!

I have been making and vaping the same mix for nearly 3 years now, and have even dropped my nic levels down to 10mg, without a noticeable change in flavor or nicotine hit. I do play around with bizarre mixes from time to time, but always come back to my all day vape.
I have never been back to analog cigarettes from day 1.
The lesson I was lucky to be taught, was that a little goes a long way, and that listening to suggestions from experienced people can make the world of difference.

Mark

Back