General noob questions

30g 6 wraps on the blue screwdriver

Just checked on steamengine, 30g, 6 wraps around 2.0mm (the little blue screwdriver) should give around 1.5 ohms

Depends what mod you are using it on, but i would say perhaps try get the resistance a bit higher. Maybe another wrap or two. What mod are you firing it on?

Although it would probably work ok on the Twisp Ego type batteries - but only just - if memory serves me correctly. May just be a bit hotter than normal.

When i used to rebuilld the coils for the little Evod and mPT2 i used to use about 9 or 10 wraps of 28g around 1.6mm. And it would come out at about 1.6 ohms or maybe slightly higher.

I found the smaller diameter was better for these lower power coils in these types of basic clearos. (Under 10 Watts)

Is it possible for juice to last longer at the coast?

On holiday at coast and juice lasting 1 - 2 days longer than at home

Is it possible for juice to last longer at the coast?

On holiday at coast and juice lasting 1 - 2 days longer than at home

I think you are just vaping less because you are busy doing stuff on holiday. :p

Thanks Rob
We were in Tzaneen for a week as well and the juices flowed there same as at home
Maybe the ocean is keeping me busy

How would i know if the battery on my istick 30w is on its way out?
It either doesnt last a hour or after I charged it then when using it, it shuts down to say battery low

It either doesnt last a hour or after I charged it then when using it, it shuts down to say battery low

Hey, that all depends on:

What wattage are you vaping on?
What tank/dripper are you using?
Your build (Single or Dual, Resistance)?

Eg. My iStick TC40W lasts me a day and a half vaping at 18 to 19watts using Kanger Subtank Mini, built with 24 gauge Kanthal at 0.4ohms. However, I have used my dripper (Atty Cubed Dual coil 0.3 ohm build) with this MOD and needed to crank the wattage up to at least 35 (otherwise ramp time is horrendous). Battery life becomes a myth (In all honesty, I get max 15 minutes vape time and the MOD feels as hot as a nuclear reactor).

Hey, that all depends on:

What wattage are you vaping on?
What tank/dripper are you using?
Your build (Single or Dual, Resistance)?

Eg. My iStick TC40W lasts me a day and a half vaping at 18 to 19watts using Kanger Subtank Mini, built with 24 gauge Kanthal at 0.4ohms. However, I have used my dripper (Atty Cubed Dual coil 0.3 ohm build) with this MOD and needed to crank the wattage up to at least 35 (otherwise ramp time is horrendous). Battery life becomes a myth (In all honesty, I get max 15 minutes vape time and the MOD feels as hot as a nuclear reactor).
I vape at 30w using 27g wire, dual coil at anything from 0.4 - 0.8ohm
I use either my turbo v1 dripper or my sqwonk tank.

No easy way of knowing @wiesbang

How old is the istick30? How many charge cycles would you estimate it's been through?

I believe these batteries have a lifespan of about 300 to 500 cycles - so if you have approached that number, it could be on its way out. Should still work though - probably just not retain as much capacity and die out earlier.

But from what you are saying - it could also be that the charger is not working properly and not charging it - or the built in charging circuit might not be doing its job properly.

I vape at 30w using 27g wire, dual coil at anything from 0.4 - 0.8ohm
I use either my turbo v1 dripper or my sqwonk tank.

Yeah, long story short, the iStick 30W has a 2200mAh battery. At around 0.4ohm (dual coil) you will be drawing just shy of 9a at a time. Hence if your battery lasts even 10 minutes with with that current draw without melting in your hand, you could count yourself lucky.

To put into perspective, think about a car. Imagine driving the car in 1st gear at the red line. How long would your engine last before it blows a gasket or busts a bearing on the crank.

Maybe consider single coil builds at vaping at Max 20watts to increase your MOD's lifespan

Yeah, long story short, the iStick 30W has a 2200mAh battery. At around 0.4ohm (dual coil) you will be drawing just shy of 9a at a time. Hence if your battery lasts even 10 minutes with with that current draw without melting in your hand, you could count yourself lucky.

To put into perspective, think about a car. Imagine driving the car in 1st gear at the red line. How long would your engine last before it blows a gasket or busts a bearing on the crank.

Maybe consider single coil builds at vaping at Max 20watts to increase your MOD's lifespan
Ok cool tnx will try that

Got eGo on tank with vtc mini
What would be a good 2nd tank to buy?

Got eGo on tank with vtc mini
What would be a good 2nd tank to buy?

Rebuildable or commercial coils? Mouth to Lung or Lung hitting?

Rebuildable - Crius - Lung
Commercial Coils - Steam Engine or Subtank Mini - Lung
Commercial Coils - Cubis - Mouth to Lung.

Rebuildable or commercial coils? Mouth to Lung or Lung hitting?

Rebuildable - Crius - Lung
Commercial Coils - Steam Engine or Subtank Mini - Lung
Commercial Coils - Cubis - Mouth to Lung.

Lung hitting

Would subtank mini maybe be good to get as I can still get commercial coils if needed. But also might be able to get into coil building?

Or rather go straight ciruis?

Thanks for feedback

Lung hitting

Would subtank mini maybe be good to get as I can still get commercial coils if needed. But also might be able to get into coil building?

Thanks for feedback

Personally I would recommend the SubTank Mini... great tank and you can play with rebuilding and use commercials coils when you want to!

Lung hitting

Thanks for feedback

Sub tank mini is a great tank and the various bell caps and coil really make it versatile. Commercial coils are simple to rewick and the rba base is nice and easy with a decent deck.

Crius is what I'm currently using. Dual coil with a unique but fairly easy build deck. Much better airflow and can have much bigger builds for higher wattages. Flavour is excellent!

If your starting off then I'd recommend a single coil tank like the sub tank. It's annoying when it's not working perfectly and instead of getting frustrated you can just pop in an occ coil and have a Vape and come back to it again later

Great thanks for always giving great advice

Good luck @Heino13
I can second what @shaunnadan said above
The Subtank mini is good and its a single coil device so its a bit easier. And i agree with him on the convenience of being able to put in a commercial coil when you need to.
Also goes through less juice

Good day. Can anyone tell me where I can get a E pipe mod. Looking for a long stem. Like a Churchwarden pipe.

The stock coils with the VTC mini is a Titanium and a Nickel coil and most of the replacements are the same. These are intended for use with temperature control devices, so please do not try them on the iStick.
If you can get your hands on the Ego One CLR coils that are 0.5 ohms or 1.0 ohms Kanthal, they should work fine. As far as I know the CLRs are rebuildable too.

Hi there.
Wanted to find out why can't run the nickel or ti coils.i have a gs tank and run it on my ijust 2 and have been running it for past 2 weeks no problem with the standerd 0.15 nickel coil.

Back