Goblin mini - How to wick

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
@DarrynThomas as promised this is for you bud.

20150819_065015.jpg
As you can see my coils have been dry burned and is ready to be wicked. Note the position of the top of the coil. It almost reaches the top of the centre post.

20150819_065312.jpg
Next cut a piece of cotton. My preference in a tank is Jap cotton.

20150819_065329.jpg
Next I lightly roll the cotton to be round. It's not tightly wound. Just enough to shape it.

20150819_065345.jpg
Next you roll the point of the cotton nice and tight. This point will be used to feed into the coil.

20150819_065431.jpg
Now feed the cotton into you coil. Allow for some excess on either end. Pull it through until you can feel the cotton being restricted by the coil. Basically you shouldn't have free and easy movement of the wick between the coil.

20150819_065459.jpg
Now unwind the end if the cotton you used to feed into the coil. Move the cotton from side to side to ensure that there is still restriction when moving the cotton better the coil. Note that if there is no restriction it will likely result in gurgling, ducking up juice and cotton collapsing and getting on gell of a nasty dry hit.

20150819_065551.jpg
As best as you can cut the one end of the cotton. I usually try to cut it to line up with the end of the base. If while cutting your wick the wick slips or moves inside the coil then you have used to little cotton. If your wick does not align nicely to sit on the top of the base where the juice channel is then simply either feed more cotton toward it or pull back on the other end to make it shorter.

20150819_065707.jpg
This site what my cotton looks like once I have done trimming it. Sits just on the top of the juice channel.

20150819_065823.jpg
Proceed to do the other end. Trim the edges of the wick until they both sit right above the juice channels. The wick must be long enough to touch the base where the juice channels are but short enough not to reach into the juice channels.
Ensure that the space between the coil and the air hole is clear and free from any wick.

20150819_070038.jpg
20150819_070115.jpg
Next screw the bottom section of the chimney on. Using a small precision screwdriver or toothpick gently guide the wick toward the juice channels. Do not press down hard. Pressing hard will block the juice channels.

20150819_070202.jpg
Next wet the wick with some juice. Be generous when doing this. Last thing you want is to get a dry hit.

20150819_070210.jpg
Give a quick 2 second fire. This will suck the juice into the wick. At this point you once again gently guide the wick toward the juice channels.

20150819_070431.jpg
Now assemble the rest of the tank. Fill her up with juice and you are ready to vape.

One last thing.. When filling and refilling juice. Blow through the drip tip into the tank. Not a harsh blow just a 3 - 4 second firm blow into the tank. Tip her upside down and check if any Juice seeped out at the base of the tank. Continue this process until nothing comes out.

Hope this helps bud!

Thank you so so much this really helps a lot
I am going to rebuild it now
Thank you so much for your help

0.29 ohms and at 35 watts on a Smok m80
similar build and watts to mine. i think you just need to make your wick a little bit longer.
once you have the bottom of the chimney on. the wick must be able to touch the sides of the chimney so when you guiding them to the juice channel you can tuck it down slightly

make your wick abit longer and Cut it wick diagonally at the ends from the bottom up and let the botton piece rest in the channel something like the below but instead of side to side bottom up

upload_2015-8-19_11-44-36.jpeg

I dont have a goblin mini, but i had the bigger one- the wicking is almost the same.

I used to cut the wicks at an angle- say 45degrees, so when you screw in the bottom of the chimney, it pushes the wick down the channel.

Worked like a bomb

I use the same wicking method as @Riaz on the Billow v2 and the Zephyrus (identical deck to goblin mini) and it works perfectly every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DarrynThomas got this great advice from a buddy of mine

When you cut the wick try to have the ends touch the deck. I see your cotton isn't touching the deck so maybe that's why its flooding. Below is how I wick my Zephyrus(I know it's not a goblin mini) and it works like a bomb. I use the exact same method on my Goblin Hybrid and I have no flooding or leaking and we all know the Goblin V1.2 can leak a lot. Trim it and saturate the wick then trim some more so that when you fit the chimney it doesn't disturb the cotton.

Hope it helps.

IMG-20150804-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20150804-WA0001.jpg

@DarrynThomas got this great advice from a buddy of mine

When you cut the wick try to have the ends touch the deck. I see your cotton isn't touching the deck so maybe that's why its flooding. Below is how I wick my Zephyrus(I know it's not a goblin mini) and it works like a bomb. I use the exact same method on my Goblin Hybrid and I have no flooding or leaking and we all know the Goblin V1.2 can leak a lot. Trim it and saturate the wick then trim some more so that when you fit the chimney it doesn't disturb the cotton.

Hope it helps.

View attachment 34125
View attachment 34126
awesome close up pics!

so I just found out now that I'm using the clone goblin mini
Could this be why it's giving so many problems??

No it doesn't it's blank on the other side
It only has the goblin mini logo on the one side

ok just did some looking and it looks pretty much identical to the two i have here. Purchased from two different batches.
I doubt there are any differences between what i have and you have.

It is a clone, it was mentioned by the Vendor.. Never the less, your wicks must be touching the base at least, perhaps even hanging over into the channel.

Back