Goblin mini - How to wick

Hey @Marzuq,
What's your go to build in the Bellus? I still find my Goblin Mini slightly better in flavour than the Bellus.

at the moment im running 7 wraps 24g mm ID in the bellus. its around 0.26ohm at 41watts.
flavour is superb. actually picking up hints of flavours in my favourite juices that i didnt get before.

at the moment im running 7 wraps 24g mm ID in the bellus. its around 0.26ohm at 41watts.
flavour is superb. actually picking up hints of flavours in my favourite juices that i didnt get before.
I'll have to rebuild the Bellus this morning :grimacing: gonna give this one a go. What's the ID mm on your build? I think you forgot that..

I'll have to rebuild the Bellus this morning :grimacing: gonna give this one a go. What's the ID mm on your build? I think you forgot that..
using 2.5mm ID.
the bellus is not like the conventional tanks. she wants to be treated like a dripper.

Well the other thing i like about the goblin mini is the size, i have never liked these monstrous mods or huge tanks.

Well the other thing i like about the goblin mini is the size, i have never liked these monstrous mods or huge tanks.
I agree.. Matched with a tiny mod like the IPV D2, you have a world class pocket friendly setup..
I love the simplicity of it.

I am really loving this little tank.
The flavour is amazing, the size is amazing, i like the way the airflow works.
Wicking it is also easy, i just use the GrimmGreen way. Put the chimney on and cut the wicks at the top and then stuff them in. No leaks and no dry hits. Though with the bottom air holes there is condensation.
Refilling is not ideal but its also not that bad, they will hopefully find a better way in V2.
The other thing they could change is the drip tip....just make it a standard drip tip.
I have never enjoyed vaping this much before and im excited to see what else they will bring out in the future.

Done this build in the Goblin Mini

IMG_20151115_101059.jpg

IMG_20151115_102636.jpg

IMG_20151115_102738.jpg

6 wrap 24g dual spaced coil @ 0.34 ohms @30/35 watts

Last edited:
I am using Skyblue Ambrosia. And as far as I can tell, no flavour loss at all, as I done the same build in the Bellus and the flavour is on par and there is just the right throat hit and Clouds.

IMG_20151115_190656.jpg

IMG_20151115_190643.jpg

6 Wraps 24g spaced coil @0.21 Ohms at 35/40 watts

I'm still sucking up juice though
I purchased my goblin mini 3 days ago and its my first RBA, after watching a million videos and reviews on YouTube it was still sucking up juice and consistently leaking, finally I got it right...trial and error will happen just dont give up...

My main fault was putting in too little cotton and not placing my wick correctly, im using jap cotton and it comes in square pieces I was cuting a length in half then pulling some off to make it thinner thinking it will be better to insert into my 2.5mm coil,that was my mistake

Keep the cotton as is just just roll it to fit, when cutting the cotton keep it as close to the post as possible then fan out and lift up so the first chimney can slide over easily, once the chimney is screwed on pack your wick down to the channels but not too tight so that u dont have to draw too hard when vaping this just gives u a headache...make it neat so u can see the coils then prime and close of your tank...

Result is no gurgling, no leaks...amazing vaping experience for such a small atty

REMEMBER ALWAYS CLOSE YOUR AIRFLOW IF DEVICE IS LAYING ON ITS SIDE...LEAKING WILL OCCUR IF THIS IS NOT ADHERED TO...

keep on vaping & chase those clouds
BOOOMMM...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hey guys sorry to necro this thread but got a Gm this afternoon. Gave it a quick wash is some boiling water before coiling and wicking. Tried a 6 wrap 24 gauge kanthal dual coil with organic Jap cotton. Threw some Trinity in and got the worst taste ever. Its was more of a sharp metallic taste than a dry hit/burnt cotton. Chucked the build and took the tank apart and soaked it for a while in boiling water. Rebuilt and rewicked and juiced it with some YoYo. Still got the same sharp metalic taste.
Any idea what could be causing the weird taste

Hey guys sorry to necro this thread but got a Gm this afternoon. Gave it a quick wash is some boiling water before coiling and wicking. Tried a 6 wrap 24 gauge kanthal dual coil with organic Jap cotton. Threw some Trinity in and got the worst taste ever. Its was more of a sharp metallic taste than a dry hit/burnt cotton. Chucked the build and took the tank apart and soaked it for a while in boiling water. Rebuilt and rewicked and juiced it with some YoYo. Still got the same sharp metalic taste.

24g is a bit tight in the Goblin Mini, it might be that your coils are touching the chimney on the inside.
Maybe try some 26g, and try getting those coils as close to the posts as possible.

It is a good idea to screw on the lower part of the chimney and test firing it before wicking.

Did you sort out the 'hot spots' on the coil? Also make sure to dry burn the coils before you rewick to see that they are glowing evenly and that there's no hot spots and to burn off the residue that might already be there.

So forgot to mention that the second time around I recoiled it with some 26 gauge SS with a 2.5mm id wrap. Built it as close to the post as I could. Didn't seem to be touching the chimney. Also made sure the coils where heating up evenly.
Could it perhaps be some stubborn residue in the tank thats causing the horrible taste?
I've taken it apart again ad left it some hot soapy water.

So forgot to mention that the second time around I recoiled it with some 26 gauge SS with a 2.5mm id wrap. Built it as close to the post as I could. Didn't seem to be touching the chimney. Also made sure the coils where heating up evenly.
Could it perhaps be some stubborn residue in the tank thats causing the horrible taste?
I've taken it apart again ad left it some hot soapy water.
Yes it could be possibly either the residue or the coil hot spots or the coils touching the chimney.

What really helped me was using a water/hydrogen peroxide mix. I had a soapy taste in my Gemini RTA that I could not get rid of after many hours boiling in water or soaking in vodka, nothing just worked. Someone suggested using a weak hydrogen peroxide/water mix and that did the trick. Think the bottle I bought was like 10% strength mixed a bit with water. Let it soak for a few minutes and I also dunked a toothbrush I bought for the purpose of cleaning tanks into the solution and gently scrubbed the whole tank. Let it dry and job done, soapy taste completely gone.

Hey guys
So no luck. I gave it a wash in some vodka and recoiled it. Was doing a couple of short dry burns with a single SS coil without the chimney and it stared smoking from the deck. Same arid/metalic smell as I had the previous evening. Could this be bad insulator?
Thinking this tank may be defective and I should take it back to the vape shop I got it from

@Bizkuit what sort of wattage are you running the tank on. Also do yourself a favor and do the hydrogen peroxide solution it really does work. Its available at any decent chemist.

Back