Griffin :: The Crown's rebuildable counterpart.

GlacieredPyro

Flavor Chaser
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Righto Ladies and Gents,

The time has finally come.
Many have already discovered the amazing flavor powerhouse that is the UWell Crown.
Unfortunately for those of us that enjoy rebuilding too there aren't many tanks that really compare in flavor department. That is until this piece of art by GeekVape.

Taste is subjective as always so for those that don't like the Crown my opinion is moot.
That being said let's talk about the Griffin.

Griffin Basics:
Shes feels big, not wide but tall. The short driptip accentuates this. The machining is good, threads smooth. Little bit of machine oil smell that a quick wash takes care of. The delrin drip tip is nice and wide. Quite a bit wider than the standard 510. And top fill to keep us sane.

Comes with extra glass, colored o-rings, grubs and allen key.

Build Deck:
One word : HUGE.
This thing is a bloody powerhouse. Velocity design which I am loving more and more.
You can fit pretty much any build in here barring the really mal things.

3mm ID, 24/32 6 wrap claptons fit and look small on there.
The wicking channel and ring design loaned from the Crius Cthulhu v2 (thanks @Dubz ) makes wicking a bloody breeze.
Tuck into the ring slightly. Trim whatever doesn't make it in and you are set.

Juice flow control keeps your mod dry when refilling and keeps every drop inside where it belongs.

The flavor experience:
This is where it instantly won me over.
Clapton have until now been a meh experience for me. This tank, I believe was conceived for these coils. With the build mentioned above it runs a cool juicy vape with max airflow at 60W.
Normally I feel flavor loss when the vape is too cold on wide airflow tanks/drippers but not this little beast. The flavor pops instantly.

With the airflow half closed this tank really can handle the heat. The vape becomes nice and warm. The clouds become thicker rather than larger and the flavor increases for my warmer biased pallet.

What struck me is how well the flavor compares with the Crown specifically. Even the billow v2 which was my flavor rebuild-able of choice is far inferior in comparison. Even with the delicate fruit flavors. NVC Milked was like drinking from a bowl.

Final Notes:
Amazing Flavor.
Massive clouds with wide open AFC.
Easy to build, easy to wick.
Massive Build deck.

My only complaint is that the standard delrin tip is slightly short which leaves me getting a hot lip every now and again. But this can be remedied with the low profile 510 adapter that is included.

That's about it... my take on the Griffin.
It will be seeing a lot of time in my rotation from now on.

Last edited:
Righto Ladies and Gents,

Many have already discovered the amazing flavor powerhouse that is the UWell Crown.
Unfortunately for those of us that enjoy rebuilding too there aren't many tanks that really compare in flavor department. That is until this piece of art by GeekVape.

Taste is subjective as always so for those that don't like the Crown my opinion is moot.

Griffin Basics:
Shes feels big, not wide but tall. The short driptip accentuates this. The machining is good, threads smooth. Little bit of machine oil smell that a quick wash takes care of. The delrin drip tip is nice and wide. Quite a bit wider than the standard 510. And top fill to keep us sane.

Build Deck:
This thing is a bloody powerhouse. Velocity design which I am loving more and more.

The wicking channel and ring design loaned from the Crius makes wicking a bloody breeze.

Juice flow control keeps your mod dry when refilling and keeps every drop inside where it belongs.

The flavor experience:
Clapton have until now been a meh experience for me. This tank, I believe was conceived for these coils. With the build mentioned above it runs a cool juicy vape with max airflow at 60W.
Normally I feel flavor loss when the vape is too cold on wide airflow tanks/drippers but not this little beast. The flavor pops instantly.

With the airflow half closed this tank really can handle the heat. The vape becomes nice and warm. The clouds become thicker rather than larger and the flavor increases for my warmer biased pallet.

What struck me is how well the flavor compares with the Crown specifically. Even the billow v2 which was my flavor rebuild-able of choice is far inferior in comparison. Even with the delicate fruit flavors. NVC Milked was like drinking from a bowl.

Final Notes:
Amazing Flavor.
Massive Build deck.

My only complaint is that the standard delrin tip is slightly short which leaves me getting a hot lip every now and again. But this can be remedied with the low profile 510 adapter that is included.

Great review! i got mine yesterday but haven't had time to use it yet. Now im looking forward to it even more!

Righto Ladies and Gents,

Griffin Basics:

Build Deck:

The wicking channel and ring design loaned from the Crius makes wicking a bloody breeze.

The flavor experience:

Final Notes:
Amazing Flavor.
Massive Build deck.

Mine arrived today. Gonna wash and wick and vape tonight. Hell yeah

By all that's holy. This tank is a beast. First nic Rush I've had in 20 years. Flavor bursting in my mouth and clouds to hide my Cheshire cat grin. there's hype about this tank, its really is all that

Yeah this thing is awesome.
I think it just dethroned the goblin mini from the top of my best flavour list.

My glass cracked when I washed it over the weekend. Not sure if I was just unlucky or if the water was just too hot.
I am using the spare now, but not having another makes me nervous.
The advertised "Griffin" spares on Slowtech are 1mm taller than they should be, but apparently the Zephyrus spares fit perfectly.

I've also found that I need to use a tad less cotton than I normally would (I've tried VCC and KGD). When I wicked for the second time, it was packed a bit tighter than before and I was getting dry hits. Googled a bit, and the consensus seems to be that less is more. Tried again with less, and it's back to wicking like a boss.

I find it gets quite hot, but I guess that is par-for-the-course with claptons, and I chain vape, so I just keep the airflow wide open.

I absolutely adore this tank, it's a lot less fussy than the Aromamizer, and the flavour is on point. I don't leave home without it.

My glass cracked when I washed it over the weekend. Not sure if I was just unlucky or if the water was just too hot.
I am using the spare now, but not having another makes me nervous.
The advertised "Griffin" spares on Slowtech are 1mm taller than they should be, but apparently the Zephyrus spares fit perfectly.

I've also found that I need to use a tad less cotton than I normally would (I've tried VCC and KGD). When I wicked for the second time, it was packed a bit tighter than before and I was getting dry hits. Googled a bit, and the consensus seems to be that less is more. Tried again with less, and it's back to wicking like a boss.

I find it gets quite hot, but I guess that is par-for-the-course with claptons, and I chain vape, so I just keep the airflow wide open.

I absolutely adore this tank, it's a lot less fussy than the Aromamizer, and the flavour is on point. I don't leave home without it.

I ind the same with wicking.
I tend to over wick so I just aggressively trim and I'm all good.

Yet to have a dry hit on this thing.

Anyone having issues with seriously loose huice flow adjustment, have had to put a tank band on mine to remedy slightly

mine is pretty loose, but i am used to the bellus, with an airflow just as loose, so the vape band is just an added security feature.

Great review @GlacieredPyro
This tank has just made Top 3 on my "Next Tank" shortlist.
Any comment on juice consumption - I really don't need another V12 tank :p

Juice consumption will vary based on build.
I feel that my build is thirsty and at first thought it's a guzzler.

However once I realized that the tank is actually relatively small. (3.2ml I think) it actually was not so bad.
I do about a tank and a half if I vape normally. Which is about 5ml.
In the crown I normally do between 8 and 16ml.

I feel it's lower but I honestly haven't watched it too closely.
It's definitely less than the crown or tfv4. More than the billow v2.
Less than a billow v2 with the chimney removed >:)
:2c:

Anyone having issues with seriously loose huice flow adjustment, have had to put a tank band on mine to remedy slightly
Two things.
1. She is thirsty, but depending on how much you vape and your build.
2. The tank is smaller inside than you think, so the juice does drop but its worth it all the way. I've noticed that once you fill up, close top and open juice holes, it drops. Deep juice wells.

So she is deep, but so worth it.

Juice consumption.. its, hold on need to refill... its not so.. hold on refill.. its ok.
Jokes aside its greedy, but the flavour is so intense i am considering diluting some of my juices as one or two are almost too much in here.

haha, think we must have all been typing at the same time as there were no other replies to the question when i started a reply...

Two things.
1. She is thirsty, but depending on how much you vape and your build.
2. The tank is smaller inside than you think, so the juice does drop but its worth it all the way. I've noticed that once you fill up, close top and open juice holes, it drops. Deep juice wells.

So she is deep, but so worth it.

Essentially I want something lighter than my TFV4 but heavier than my Cubis. This seems to kind of fit that profile - obviously leaning more towards the heavy side. But hey, you can't make clouds if you don't burn juice right?

Juice consumption.. its, hold on need to refill... its not so.. hold on refill.. its ok.
Jokes aside its greedy, but the flavour is so intense i am considering diluting some of my juices as one or two are almost too much in here.

LMAO, I know this feeling too well. The TF is terribly thirsty yet the flavour is so intense that you can't top vaping. I bought some Mountain Vape Gush @R250 and said I'd take it easy in the TF. 30min and 10ml later I wanted to cry :(

Although i do have 2 mean claptons in there, so mine is running about as thirsty as it will get, will try her with a more economical coil next, i am pretty sure she will still deliver with a much less complex, and more economical coil.

With the current build, mine is going through a tank in about 7 seconds.

Ok I'm exaggerating… 15 seconds.

Juice consumption will vary based on build.
I feel that my build is thirsty and at first thought it's a guzzler.

However once I realized that the tank is actually relatively small. (3.2ml I think) it actually was not so bad.
I do about a tank and a half if I vape normally. Which is about 5ml.
In the crown I normally do between 8 and 16ml.

I feel it's lower but I honestly haven't watched it too closely.
It's definitely less than the crown or tfv4. More than the billow v2.
Less than a billow v2 with the chimney removed >:)
:2c:

What build are you running in your Griifin ATM @GlacieredPyro

With the current build, mine is going through a tank in about 7 seconds.

Ok I'm exaggerating… 15 seconds.
No ways bra! Even I get 20 seconds a tank on the TFV4 :speechless:

Although i do have 2 mean claptons in there, so mine is running about as thirsty as it will get, will try her with a more economical coil next, i am pretty sure she will still deliver with a much less complex, and more economical coil.
I've got dual 26/32 Clapton 5wrap 3mm ID put easliy into her deep deck. Flavour and tons of clouds.
Will play with 24g SS next

What build are you running in your Griifin ATM @GlacieredPyro

I'm running 24/32 Claptons. 3mm ID 6 wrap. 0.28ohms. 55-60W

I find this to be the perfect heat to airflow ratio with 66% airflow open.
But as it is warm it's quite thirsty but faaar below my single clapton tfv4 builds.

Back