Griffin :: The Crown's rebuildable counterpart.

I'm running 24/32 Claptons. 3mm ID 6 wrap. 0.28ohms. 55-60W

I find this to be the perfect heat to airflow ratio with 66% airflow open.
But as it is warm it's quite thirsty but faaar below my single clapton tfv4 builds.

Just so we on the same page, your saying that your dual coil Griffin build is lighter than a single TFV4?
If that's what you mean then this is a winner of a tank.
I am using the dual coil RBA ATM but man does it guzzle juice and can turn my lounge from sunny to overcast in no time!

Just so we on the same page, your saying that your dual coil Griffin build is lighter than a single TFV4?
If that's what you mean then this is a winner of a tank.
I am using the dual coil RBA ATM but man does it guzzle juice and can turn my lounge from sunny to overcast in no time!

That is exactly what I am saying. The single 0.78 ohms clapton in the tfv4 takes like 45W for a mildly warm vape.
That deck makes a lot of clouds (see: metric, shit tonne) that does not convert to flavor 1 to 1.

That is exactly what I am saying. The single 0.78 ohms clapton in the tfv4 takes like 45W for a mildly warm vape.
That deck makes a lot of clouds (see: metric, shit tonne) that does not convert to flavor 1 to 1.

Dual deck is the answer bru :p

I'm liking this Griffin tank more and more :D

This tank has given me the first really good TC experience...
I was like "Ahhh, i get it now, this is what the hype is about"

Running dual SS 26g coils coming in at 0.25ohm on the RX200.
Vaping at 280 degrees Celsius, with a mere wattage setting of 46w... Smooth smooth smooth and constant vape! No Spitback, and accurate flavour with every puff. Oh, and clouds, baby!

thinking i may alien a triple ss26ga clapton and pop it in her and see... will try over the weekend, those aliens take some time and cool.

to be honest i have only done it with a1 kanthal in the past...not that hard, but does take some time, and maybe a few blown school fee attempts. here is one link, there are plenty, so not sure if this is the one i originally saw.

Is it just me or does anybody else find that their Griffin pulls more power out of their battery/batteries? Got a new LG turd for my Evic VTC mini and the battery is drained quicker than usual? Bear in mind that I don't chain vape so that was ruled out already.

I ran the Bellus on my VTC mini with exactly the same build as what I'm running on the Griffin, dual SS 26G 2.5 ID at 25ohm, and got a lot more battery life from the Bellus o_O

Is it just me or does anybody else find that their Griffin pulls more power out of their battery/batteries? Got a new LG turd for my Evic VTC mini and the battery is drained quicker than usual? Bear in mind that I don't chain vape so that was ruled out already.

I ran the Bellus on my VTC mini with exactly the same build as what I'm running on the Griffin, dual SS 26G 2.5 ID at 25ohm, and got a lot more battery life from the Bellus o_O
Firstly, pif that bellus away.
Secondly, the Griffin is always hungry. And thirsty. Just let her do her thing and she will make you happy.

PM me your website Addy pls

Compare builds with other tanks that use the same, it averages out between devices depending on the power you use with it. I can run my Griffin @ 0.3 ohm and 55w for the day on my Cuboid and RX200 with ease.

If I build with the aim of efficiency and length of hits taken, I can push it but I like desert vapes in the Griffin as the flavour is quite good. So my builds invariable end around 50 to 75w.

Do you guys think it would be possible to put a single coil build in the Griffin?
U can. But you will have to go vertical and wicks will have be quad. I did it once for sheets and giggles. Honestly not worth the effort.

Do you guys think it would be possible to put a single coil build in Griffin?

Build horizontally between the posts with enough wraps that your single coil is above both airholes (you can use corresponding holes on each post), then split your cotton four ways to get into the juice channels.

Mind you, I haven't tried this myself on my Grif. But this is how I run my Crius.

Build horizontally between the posts with enough wraps that your single coil is above both airholes (you can use corresponding holes on each post), then split your cotton four ways to get into the juice channels.

Mind you, I haven't tried this myself on my Grif. But this is how I run my Crius.
That too will work. Once again wick will need to quaded. Wick holes must be filled.

I love my griffin BUT

Have it a month now and still not 100% comfortable with the wicking

Tried jap cotton and cotton bacon

I feel i need to open and play around with the wick quite a bit

I am not a noob when it comes to building or wicking

Can any1 assist, maybe send me a link to a video or directions on getting this 100%?

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

I bought this tank yesterday and it indeed is worth it. Put a dual coil 3mm ID 9 wraps SS at .36 ohms and the flavour is decent. On my 4th tank with no rewick and it's going well.

I appreciate a tank that doesn't need tinkering to get right.
The uwell crown Is slightly better at taste with stock coils and zero tinkering.

Both the uwell and griffin are at the top of my list for flavour tanks.

I have a post where I have made the rba section of the crown taste the same as the stock coils. Only issue is you need a rewick after 2 tanks.

Loving the Griffin, and the Crown. Got already 2 Crowns. Flavour is top notch with both, Crown wins with travel simplicity. Just got 2 or 3 spare coils with me, at all times.
The Griffin is currently my home ADVape. On the RX200 it looks a bit small though, but the vape is good and the batts last quite a while.

I must say, I am a dripper man through and through, I have not had great experiences with tanks - but my word the Griffin is an outstanding tank.

I had quite a few toots off @WhatSmoke 's one, and I'm really impressed with it. Can't really tell the taste apart for am RDA.

a7a459d218514f5aebe31962ec0392b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If I get a tank, it will undoubtedly be the Griffin.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The griffin still tastes like a tank for me but it came with lots of machine oil which is poor QA for me. Gave it a good scrub but still tastes like a tank.
The uwell I would rate as the offspring of a cyclone and nuppin. Awesome flavour with cool vapes and awesome flavour with warm to hot vapes.
The crown I'm willing to say is on par with a cyclone.

I love my griffin BUT

Have it a month now and still not 100% comfortable with the wicking

Tried jap cotton and cotton bacon

I feel i need to open and play around with the wick quite a bit

I am not a noob when it comes to building or wicking

Can any1 assist, maybe send me a link to a video or directions on getting this 100%?

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk
This wicking method has been working very well for me...

Back