Introduce Yourselves:

Hi. Another newbie here. Been without the stinkies for 2 months now. Man, am I glad I dropped those stuff.
But now I have a new addiction.
Been using evods till now. Next step is a Kangertech Protank mini 2 and VV battery, probably a vision spinner 2.

Been lurking on the forum for a while already. Great info on here. Thanks to everyone.

BTW, where can I get a snicker doodle juice locally?

Hi. Another newbie here. Been without the stinkies for 2 months now. Man, am I glad I dropped those stuff.
But now I have a new addiction.
Been using evods till now. Next step is a Kangertech Protank mini 2 and VV battery, probably a vision spinner 2.

Been lurking on the forum for a while already. Great info on here. Thanks to everyone.

BTW, where can I get a snicker doodle juice locally?
Most welcome. Congrats on the 2 months, great achievement. Have never seen snicker doodle locally. Nicoticket does an awesome one and they do friendly shipping - http://www.nicoticket.com/the-doodle/. Happy vaping.

Hi there

I am new to the vaping scene and looking forward to buy my first mech mod ! I had a ego ce5 which was nice ... But i want something that makes huge clouds ! Any help will be appreciated!! Happy vape life ..?

Warm welcome @Laubscher12 - may I suggest you phone up any of the retailers listed on this forum and they will gladly advise you.

Hi there

I am new to the vaping scene and looking forward to buy my first mech mod ! I had a ego ce5 which was nice ... But i want something that makes huge clouds ! Any help will be appreciated!! Happy vape life ..?

Welcome @Laubscher12
Wishing you all the best on your vaping journey
Enjoy the forum - I am sure you will find it a great place to be!

As for your question on big clouds, sorry, can't advise you first hand. I am not a cloud chaser, but there are several "Olympic cloud chasers" on this forum. I am sure you will come across them soon and you can get all the advice from them.

If its just clouds you are after, I believe the trick is to have
- high power (ie build a low resistance coil on your mech)
- have an atomiser that has big airholes so you have maximum airflow
- to make it even better, use a juice that has high VG content

Personally, I am more into flavour and throat hit.

Check out the video on the following thread for some clouds being blown at our last JHB Vape Meet
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vape-meet-promo-video.3011/

All the best

Thank u @johan , @annemarievdh . I have phoned a few retailers and I now what to look for !! The thing is i have a budget and buy new parts an vaporizers is going to work out to expensive for me ..

Welcome to all the newbies on the forum, congrats on kicking the stinkies' buts :rock:
Have fun, vape strong and rock hard :rock:

Hi Im Ashley,
from Bonnie Brook (Northern Suburbs / Cape Town).
A software dev by trade.

Been lurking these forums for about a month now, figured its about time I say hi.

Now let me just say; I wish I knew about this site ages ago. Its a great resource and I've found a wealth of information here reading the communities posts. Thanks a lot to all of you.

I had been a pack a day smoker for about 14yrs.
I tried a twisp mini about 3yrs back that ended up in the bottom drawer once the novelty wore off after a few weeks, and It never helped to cut down on analogues ; It just didn't do it for me. the carto's never gave a satisfactory throat hit, and dripping with it become a messy pain.
That and the batteries sadly packed up after a month.

come a month ago I read an article on IOL about vaping, and the image showed a dood toking what appeared to have a small tank on it and blowing out a sizable cloud. Which peaked my interest; Since Its been a cold wet winter and I hate going outside all the time for a smoke I thought perhaps technology has improved since I last tried. So I found myself at a twisp kiosk again & got myself a clearo pair.

Its such a difference, I was enjoying it so much I found I had no need for analogues (which I've been off since). So I got my mom a set the next day as well. Unfortunately I only found this site after. Had I known there were even better devices & juices out there... actually no, maybe its best I didn't; I probably would have blown the grocery budget... well payday today so... I might still make good on that.

Anyway thanks for the great community and resource.

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on being off the analogues @ashTZA.

A lot of us started out on Twisp, It's an evolution you will go through to find the best device for your preferences. I'll be reviewing a few started kits soon which may help you on your next purchase so look out for that.

Keep us updated on your progress and feel free to ask away if you have any questions!:)

Thank u @johan , @annemarievdh . I have phoned a few retailers and I now what to look for !! The thing is i have a budget and buy new parts an vaporizers is going to work out to expensive for me ..
Welcome to the Forum.

If you're looking for big clouds it's a combination of a lot of things. You'd want to look into rebuilding and getting yourself an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser). You're going to want one with a good airflow, possibly adjustable and able to get the air flowing right by your coils. You need a low ohm coil build and a battery that can handle the resistance of your battery. Please ensure you read the battery safety guides in the forum. You're also going to want to get a very high VG mix juice. A few vendors will be able to custom mix this for you or you could purchase BP grade VG and mix it yourself.

PM me if you need a more in depth explanation and hope this helps.

Hi @ashTZA, welcome to the forum. It was nice to read your intro. Or should I say re-intro to vaping.:) I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 20 years. And fortunately one of my mates came to visit with his new "ego" e-cig. I remember taking a drag and thinking to myself. "Wow, this could work for me". And it did, the following day I acquired my own little starter kit, and I only had two analogs that day. By the second day I left my smokes at home for the first time in my life, and I never looked back. I still have the last opened pack of Winston's right next to me here. But I haven't had another one since then. And I figure if someone like me can do it this easily, then anyone can.

Hi Im Ashley,
from Bonnie Brook/Kraaifontain (Cape Town).
A software dev by trade.

Been lurking these forums for about a month now, figured its about time I say hi.

Now let me just say; I wish I knew about this site ages ago. Its a great resource and I've found a wealth of information here reading the communities posts. Thanks a lot to all of you.

I had been a pack a day smoker for about 14yrs.
I tried a twisp mini about 3yrs back that ended up in the bottom drawer once the novelty wore off after a few weeks, and It never helped to cut down on analogues ; It just didn't do it for me. the carto's never gave a satisfactory throat hit, and dripping with it become a messy pain.
That and the batteries sadly packed up after a month.

come a month ago I read an article on IOL about vaping, and the image showed a dood toking what appeared to have a small tank on it and blowing out a sizable cloud. Which peaked my interest; Since Its been a cold wet winter and I hate going outside all the time for a smoke I thought perhaps technology has improved since I last tried. So I found myself at a twisp kiosk again & got myself a clearo pair.

Its such a difference, I was enjoying it so much I found I had no need for analogues (which I've been off since). So I got my mom a set the next day as well. Unfortunately I only found this site after. Had I known there were even better devices & juices out there... actually no, maybe its best I didn't; I probably would have blown the grocery budget... well payday today so... I might still make good on that.

Anyway thanks for the great community and resource.

Welcome @ashTZA
Congrats on switching to vaping. You are doing a great thing
And welcome to the forum. We have a great place!

I aso started on Twisp and although it has some shortcomings it got me off stinkies, so I still have a soft spot for my Twisp devices. Although their juices are good, they are really expensive, at least when i was buying them.

When you decide what your next upgrade is feel free to mention it and ask for opinions. You are bound to get some good advice from the members here.

Enjoy your vaping journey

Hi everyone,
I've been stalking you guys for a week now and thought I'd come out the shadows and say hi.

My smoking journey has been an emotional one. I realized this morning that I'd smoked for longer than I hadn't in my life, that's a pretty scary thought. I started with the cool kids when I was 14, and managed to eventually stop successfully when I found out I'd accidentally fallen pregnant at 18. For just over a year I thought I'd won the battle, until the day my daughter died at 8months old, from pneumonia. It's been 11 years since then and although I wasn't a heavy smoker, a pack would last me just under 3 days, I was convinced I would never be able to quit. Last week Friday I bought a Twisp on a whim when I was reminded I turn 30 next month. 30 seems like a good enough age to quit the cigarettes, I thought.

From what I gather on all of your posts, "Twisp" seems to be a swear word here, but I needed to tell you that I am unbelievably surprised at how my lifestyle has changed in just 7 days.

For starters, I haven't picked up another cigarette. I haven't even wanted to. I am LOVING that my hair doesn't stink and I love that I can exhale the vapor and immediately lean over to give my husband a kiss without fear of him pulling away like he so often did after a smoke break.

Not having to go out into the Joburg winter at night to have that last smoke before bed is MUCKING AFAZING! Instead I get to benefit from my human hot water bottle while vaping in the comfort of my own bed. I love that I don't have to find the infernal effing lighter every two hours from the abyss that is my handbag. I love that I don't need to freak out that I've run out of my addiction when I get down to my last 4 smokes in the box. I love that I can flop around with different flavours whenever the mood strikes. I love that my clothes still smell like stasoft at the end of the day and that my car actually smells like the expensive freaking air refreshers promise it should smell like. I love that when I hug people I don't need to immediately apologise for having had a smoke break. I love not being the pariah in our social circles in being the only smoker. I LOVE NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH DIRTY, SMELLY, ASHTRAYS! (Yes, indeed, caps were necessary there).

I am a converted vaper queen and I'm proud of it.

But first, I need some questions / statement answered if you don't mind:

1. In using a twisp, where are the best and most recommended suppliers to buy the vape liquids? I'm in Fourways and my Clicks is very limited in their selection. And also, R200 for a 20ml? GTFO & EADAD.

2. How long should my coil really last? For realsies and without the marketing BS I've seen everywhere online please.

3. What's the best solution to keeping the stupid twisp upright? Are there lanyards or something? I mean really, what an epic fail on the twisp manufacturers part in their design flaw. WHO IN THE WORLD MANAGES TO NOT KNOCK IT OVER?! Have you *seen* what chaos lies in a woman's handbag? How is it meant to stay upright, without falling over, anywhere?

4. Surely I am not the only a-hole* who has accidentally opened the coil thingie instead of the top doodah and had all the juice spill over my BRAND NEW WHITE BLOUSE (!!!)

*Can I say asshole here? We're all adults right? Or is that frowned upon? Should I be ashamed? *hangs head, just in case*

Ok, I think that's about enough from me. Happy Friday!

Hi everyone,
I've been stalking you guys for a week now and thought I'd come out the shadows and say hi.

My smoking journey has been an emotional one. I realized this morning that I'd smoked for longer than I hadn't in my life, that's a pretty scary thought. I started with the cool kids when I was 14, and managed to eventually stop successfully when I found out I'd accidentally fallen pregnant at 18. For just over a year I thought I'd won the battle, until the day my daughter died at 8months old, from pneumonia. It's been 11 years since then and although I wasn't a heavy smoker, a pack would last me just under 3 days, I was convinced I would never be able to quit. Last week Friday I bought a Twisp on a whim when I was reminded I turn 30 next month. 30 seems like a good enough age to quit the cigarettes, I thought.

From what I gather on all of your posts, "Twisp" seems to be a swear word here, but I needed to tell you that I am unbelievably surprised at how my lifestyle has changed in just 7 days.

For starters, I haven't picked up another cigarette. I haven't even wanted to. I am LOVING that my hair doesn't stink and I love that I can exhale the vapor and immediately lean over to give my husband a kiss without fear of him pulling away like he so often did after a smoke break.

Not having to go out into the Joburg winter at night to have that last smoke before bed is MUCKING AFAZING! Instead I get to benefit from my human hot water bottle while vaping in the comfort of my own bed. I love that I don't have to find the infernal effing lighter every two hours from the abyss that is my handbag. I love that I don't need to freak out that I've run out of my addiction when I get down to my last 4 smokes in the box. I love that I can flop around with different flavours whenever the mood strikes. I love that my clothes still smell like stasoft at the end of the day and that my car actually smells like the expensive freaking air refreshers promise it should smell like. I love that when I hug people I don't need to immediately apologise for having had a smoke break. I love not being the pariah in our social circles in being the only smoker. I LOVE NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH DIRTY, SMELLY, ASHTRAYS! (Yes, indeed, caps were necessary there).

I am a converted vaper queen and I'm proud of it.

But first, I need some questions / statement answered if you don't mind:

1. In using a twisp, where are the best and most recommended suppliers to buy the vape liquids? I'm in Fourways and my Clicks is very limited in their selection. And also, R200 for a 20ml? GTFO & EADAD.

2. How long should my coil really last? For realsies and without the marketing BS I've seen everywhere online please.

3. What's the best solution to keeping the stupid twisp upright? Are there lanyards or something? I mean really, what an epic fail on the twisp manufacturers part in their design flaw. WHO IN THE WORLD MANAGES TO NOT KNOCK IT OVER?! Have you *seen* what chaos lies in a woman's handbag? How is it meant to stay upright, without falling over, anywhere?

4. Surely I am not the only a-hole* who has accidentally opened the coil thingie instead of the top doodah and had all the juice spill over my BRAND NEW WHITE BLOUSE (!!!)

*Can I say asshole here? We're all adults right? Or is that frowned upon? Should I be ashamed? *hangs head, just in case*

Ok, I think that's about enough from me. Happy Friday!
Great introduction, thank you. I do and did not use twisps so cannot really answer your questions. But will try. Here is a great review on twisp that could also be helpful: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/twisp-review-clearo-and-liquid.1584/

1. In using a twisp, where are the best and most recommended suppliers to buy the vape liquids? I'm in Fourways and my Clicks is very limited in their selection. And also, R200 for a 20ml? GTFO & EADAD. www.vapeking.co.za is in Fourways and have a very good selection of juices for you to try.
2. How long should my coil really last? For realsies and without the marketing BS I've seen everywhere online please. No idea, maybe twisp users or ex-user can be of help.
3. What's the best solution to keeping the stupid twisp upright? Are there lanyards or something? I mean really, what an epic fail on the twisp manufacturers part in their design flaw. WHO IN THE WORLD MANAGES TO NOT KNOCK IT OVER?! Have you *seen* what chaos lies in a woman's handbag? How is it meant to stay upright, without falling over, anywhere? You could get one of these suction type thingies to keep it upright. And yes you do get lanyards for that. Think I saw some on the vapeking site. If not, try some or our other registered retailers.
4. Surely I am not the only a-hole* who has accidentally opened the coil thingie instead of the top doodah and had all the juice spill over my BRAND NEW WHITE BLOUSE (!!!) No, for sure you are not.

Hi @shebee ! Glad you saw the light with twist. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with Twisp. It got you of the smokes right? Also, Twisp does an awesome job with marketing.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. That is terrible!
You can say asshole.:D
I think @Silver will be around to give you the Twisp rundown.
Have a great stay here and enjoy the forum.
A great bunch of nutters here. :)

Hi and welcome, Im also a new around here.

Im using a twisp as well which I'm enjoying. But in relation to your questions:

1) I've found in my experiance so far: twisp juices seem to taste best in the twisp; others not so much and vice versa: I have some cheapy Evod & T2 atomisers I picked up somewhere else which work better with other juices but not with the twisp ones. Maybe cause I like pure VG blends.

2) In a month I haven't had the twisp ones go dead on me yet, but in the tank I use the most, I've been changing it after every week cause by then it starts getting a bit of a burned taste, again probably cause I like the thick vg juice.

3) I got one of these: http://www.vapeking.co.za/accessories/ego-lanyard-with-pouch.html
(except I got mine from a local supplier near me).

Wassup all

I'm new here and a noob at vaping. I was introduced to it 2 weeks ago on another forum and I must say "Hi, My name is Smoke187 and I am addicted to vaping" lol. On a serious note I started vaping to try and quite smoking cigarettes and so far it has been working quite well for me,its been 2 weeks today that I havent lit up a normal cigarette.
Any how, I will be reading and following as much as I can here :)

Cheers

Howzit @Smoke187, I'm glad you found this place. Wish you all the best on your journey. :)

Hi all,

My name is Kent, I'm 24 and from Joburg.

I bought a Twisp from a coworker about two months ago and overall I'm loving it.

I still smoke cigs, struggling to let go of the significant cigs like the ones first thing in the morning, last thing at night and after a meal. Hopefully I'll ditch them altogether soon.

I'm doing a bit of tasting, flavour-wise. So far I've tried Hangsen products:

Red energy
Watermelon
Peach

I definitely need some guidance on what's delicious.

So here was my little intro, I'm looking forward to chatting to a bunch of members and taking my vamping journey in the right direction :)

Back